Dell

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Currently i don't have one / use one

• Total voters
Before I built my own PC, my family had a dell from '97-'04 it held up well. For regular home use, its not too bad but you'd be better off building your own, or finding a website or someone that can build it for you and if you dont know know anything about computers, a little research will go a long way and could save you hundreds.

I have had a Dell Dimension 2350 since 2003 - my processor burnt out. However, it may have been my fault seeing as I upgraded the ram to 1GB and also the graphics card, because the onboard card it came from was just abysmal (the Intel "extreme" range). Here is my old processor:

http://img179.imageshack.**/img179/8253/img13125sh9.th.jpg

I am basically surrounded by Dells, my father has one, my brother has one and I have one now. It's a Latitude D620. It seems to be working fine, I've had no problems yet, and it looks very nice too, the stance isn't as cheap as the HPs we used on school.

My reason for choosing a Dell was because of good references, from both my brother and my father having no problems what so ever with their Dells. The only problem my brother had was with the CD-ROM/writer, so he got a new one the same day (Dells warranty is excellent) and since they didn't have any normal ones he got a DVD/writer in stead. :D

My opinion of them is that they are they best of the "crap". So yes they are good for a branded option, the warrenty on them is good and they have reasonable prices so long as you dont modify the system in any way.