Diablo III

Unfortunately my finals start in two weeks time. So I won't be playing a lot, only when I give myself some leisure.

Hm.. I pre-installed in month ago.. and now I'm not sure I have all I need installed, or where :D.

I have a 7,66GB Diablo 3 folder, containing the subfolder Diablo-III-8370-deDE-Installer. That contains the Diablo III Setup.exe and some of the well known installer-files. But where did I install it do? :hmm:

When starting the setup and selecting a folder and agreeing to the terms, I just and an "unexpected error. please try again or contact support". So.... what did I do, what did I not do, what do I need to do? :D

So.... what did I do, what did I not do, what do I need to do? :D

when your folder really is that old, you better download a new installer... they announced a week or so ago that the old installer was broken or something :dunno:

Ah.. I noticed another d3-window popping up for just a splitsecond and captured it on a screenshot. It says I need to activate D3 in my bnet-account before I can play it, it offers me [activate d3] or [d3 is already activated], but I don't get to make that choice, as its gone immediately. So I am assuming, that will work after midnight.

when your folder really is that old, you better download a new installer... they announced a week or so ago that the old installer was broken or something :dunno:

Wait, what?!?! :shock: :cry: Redownload 7,7gb with my crappy 1mb/s? WHAT?!?! FUUUUUUU

-edit-
Downloaded the installer again and started the download, but its still downloading version 8730, which I already have.

Last edited:
Ah.. I noticed another d3-window popping up for just a splitsecond and captured it on a screenshot. It says I need to activate D3 in my bnet-account before I can play it, it offers me [activate d3] or [d3 is already activated], but I don't get to make that choice, as its gone immediately. So I am assuming, that will work after midnight.

i got that window as well, but i was able to click "already activated" just fine. something's not quite right then...

I eventually found the email with the links (I suspected spam due to non-battle.net-URL), got the updated installer and pointed it to the existing folder. Only seconds later it had downloaded what it needed and since that its installing! :) 43% and gaining!

What a surprise.. past midnight and everybody just seems to get errors.. ;)

For me its still error 33, servers offline for maintenance.

Had it pre-loaded, just installed it now, ready to go for tonight! Only going to play an hour or so, I have to work tomorrow. :(

I am ready.

bPChaos#1253

Error 37.

fml

http://img41.imageshack.**/img41/8039/2na1buh.gif

Last edited:
It is Blizzard after all, what did you expect? :p

It ought to start 0:00am here.
I was able to log in 1:20am.
I was tired and went to bed 1:30am.

This morning 11:30am I was able to login (1st try) and play with minor lags. But I'm not sure wether they were caused by the servers or my active download (the beta was not laggy with active download). Just made a short 1hr-stint to level 5 and freeing the old man. Might play some more later.

I'm installing the game at the moment, seems like I haven't missed much.

I wasn't going to buy this game.. But I'm sort of getting all tangled up in the hype.

Do you have to buy two licenses to play on both Mac and Windows, or do they allow me to install on both?

Nope, you buy it once, activate the key on your Battle.net account and install the game on both Windows and Mac. I had to do the same thing.

Level 6 now after a short stint, gameplay is really solid.

I guess I'll get it in a few days, when the workload is a bit lower, currently I can't afford wasting as much time as I surely will on Diablo. Did it have to come out in the middle of my semester...

My girlfriend got it already, didn't install yet though. Am I right that the guest pass keys (of which there are 2 with every game copy) are only good for the same stuff that was in the beta - Act 1 up until the Skeleton King and max level 13?

Yes, you are correct with that assumption.

Also, it seems like a character is bound to your system? Had to make a new character on my laptop because the one I made on my PC wasn't listed (and vice-versa).

installed, played till level 3, cant seem to add friends at all, keeps timing out...

Blizzard said:
10: 22 a.m. PDT- We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for all Diablo III servers to resolve several issues that are currently impacting the game. This maintenance may cause some interruption in communication, ability to log in, use of in-game features, and disconnections. We anticipate all servers will be available for play in approximately 1 hour.

Thank you for your patience.

Was posted 30 minutes ago, so...