Disturbing Article about the future of Top Gear

I never trusted TGG in the first place, who would be stupid enough to use the exact same name if they wanted to pretend to be a new guy. Just like crefugee and cvg now

Dark_Templer_102 said:
You sure? look at her profile and post results are like 644 or something

I noticed that too - it's wrong, for some reason the profile is including posts from this new account - 'Top_Gear_Girl', and the old one - 'Top Gear Girl' (note no underscores). So it's a new account with only 2 posts, but whether it's a new Top Gear Girl is another question...

If it is the original TGG:

RUUUUNNNN FOR YOR LIVES!!!!!!!

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Whats going on here :?

This new TGG is posting from an almost identical IP address as the original TGG posted from for a while. All located in England with the same ISP.

I dunno whats going on but there better be some explaining done.

Well duh? The reason I am posting form the same IP, is becuase, it's me.

I had to set up a new user name as I forgot my password and couln't get the reminder sent becuase it goes to an old email I can't use. I can send a PM to the mods, of the original email I used to sign up, to proove it, after all how else would I know? But, I'd have to have my reminder sent to my new email.

Top_Gear_Girl said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Whats going on here :?

This new TGG is posting from an almost identical IP address as the original TGG posted from for a while. All located in England with the same ISP.

I dunno whats going on but there better be some explaining done.

Well duh? The reason I am posting form the same IP, is becuase, it's me.

I had to set up a new user name as I forgot my password and couln't get the reminder sent becuase it goes to an old email I can't use. I can send a PM to the mods, of the original email I used to sign up, to proove it, after all how else would I know? But, I'd have to have my reminder sent to my new email.
didnt you get banned?

Stop it...we've been over this a million times. Let TGG be part of this forum.

Stop being dicks, you fools. No, she didn't get banned. :roll:

Viper007Bond said:
Stop being dicks, you fools. No, she didn't get banned. :roll:
SORRY! i didnt know. i was just asking.

Back to the original purpose of this forum (I just realised it was here), if those tree hugging politcally correct tossers actually succeed in destroying the show then that will confirm my belief that the world has gone mad. Why people choose to single out these things I have no idea...but for fucks sake, c'mon. If the show does get cancelled or moved or whatever, the Ozone layer will still deplete, rare species will still become extinct and environmentalist sons of bitches will still complain that we all eat and shit too frequently.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just soo sick of this green bullshit.

Monza is in danger of losing some of it's track day events due to noise and it's been there since 1922! ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE MOVED THERE after it was built.

Didn't several people already prove TGG is a man............baby. Grrrrrrr.

mdaro said:
Monza is in danger of losing some of it's track day events due to noise and it's been there since 1922! ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE MOVED THERE after it was built.

You think that's bad - Laguna Seca in california has a sound recording tower along one of the straights leading up to the corkscrew. If it hears anything louder than 92 decibels, the vehicle gets flagged in and can't be run on the track. they have to do this to keep the local residents happy. ya know, the ones who moved there long after the track was established. And they have to do this for race events, too. Not just for track days.

And for sake of refernce, 92 decibels isn't much. I could probably set the thing off by shouting at it while standing on the track.

Fortunately, there are a few races that happen throughout the year that can be as loud as they want to be.

Top Gear Moving site

Top Gear Moving site

My first post Ladies and Gentlemen.

When I was a lad I used to hop on the 122 bus and go and see motor racing at a track in South London (yes in London) called Crystal Palace.

I used to stand on the back straight, there was a long sweeping right hander on to a long straight with a slight kink in it down to another right hander.

I saw Jim Clark race there in a Lotus Cortina, well it was a long time ago. Point of the post, they shut that down too as being too noisey!

:x :x :x

Wintermute said:
mdaro said:

You think that's bad - Laguna Seca in california has a sound recording tower along one of the straights leading up to the corkscrew. If it hears anything louder than 92 decibels, the vehicle gets flagged in and can't be run on the track. they have to do this to keep the local residents happy. ya know, the ones who moved there long after the track was established. And they have to do this for race events, too. Not just for track days.

And for sake of refernce, 92 decibels isn't much. I could probably set the thing off by shouting at it while standing on the track.

Fortunately, there are a few races that happen throughout the year that can be as loud as they want to be.

In Australia (this may only apply to New South Wales) the maximum STREET LEGAL exhaust note is 90Db...92 for a race track? That is ridiculous. I live around 20-25km from a major drag strip and when major events are held I can easily hear the engines of the quarter mile racers...no one gives a shit. We can still function as human beings surprisingly enough.

Wintermute said:
mdaro said:

Yep, I've run a couple of events there in my Scirocco (which isn't loud enough to qualify). Funny thing is the first time I saw a Porsche 911 running in front of me with the exhaust exiting normally and then making a 90* angle towards the other side of the car I was perplexed.
Asked the guy in the paddock why and he explained that the sound recorder was on the same side of the track as his exhaust so he simply pointed it the other direction. :mrgreen:
There is always a way around the rules. ;)

Hi everybody,
just read this thread - I must say this happens everywhere. And not just for reasons that in at least some way can be justified (like noise, pollution, whatever), around here where I live a couple of projects were also banned by the local community: building a nursing home, building of a safe house for women who escaped from domestic violence,..., not to mention racing tracks which were planned but, normally, never built because of local communities (that live, like, miles away anyway) - I don't know what's up with people...

andro said:
Hi everybody,
just read this thread - I must say this happens everywhere. And not just for reasons that in at least some way can be justified (like noise, pollution, whatever), around here where I live a couple of projects were also banned by the local community: building a nursing home, building of a safe house for women who escaped from domestic violence,..., not to mention racing tracks which were planned but, normally, never built because of local communities (that live, like, miles away anyway) - I don't know what's up with people...

That was some random stuff lol...

Sirocco said:
Yep, I've run a couple of events there in my Scirocco (which isn't loud enough to qualify). Funny thing is the first time I saw a Porsche 911 running in front of me with the exhaust exiting normally and then making a 90* angle towards the other side of the car I was perplexed.
Asked the guy in the paddock why and he explained that the sound recorder was on the same side of the track as his exhaust so he simply pointed it the other direction. :mrgreen:
There is always a way around the rules. ;)

Very clever idea. Don't think that it would qork quite as well on my bike though. :D

Wintermute, do you attend any of the track days at LS.
What about Infineon (Sears Point) or Thunder Hill?

This is one of the things I love about living in the Bay Area....3 Incredible road courses within a couple hour drive that are open to the public for track days and NASA/SCCA events. :thumbsup:

So how noisy is it at Dunsfold? Any measurements been taken? Anyone got a map showing the noise print?

I've just measured it on Google Earth and the closest bit of the track is nearly 1 mile away from the village. I know the AMV8 can be heard 2 miles away but it can't be that loud from that distance. And it's once a week, 18 weeks a year for christs sake.