Euro Truck Simulator 2

My Logitech Rumblepad works great for this game. Left stick to steer, right stick to look around. It's definitely worth upgrading from keyboard and mouse.

So it turns out the Scandinavian flick doesn't work so well when you're hauling 20 tons of heavy metals around at 75mph.

You're all a bunch of fucking amateurs :p

Last edited:
I've never flipped a trailer or truck, but I have gotten into a couple of minor tank slappers that did not end in disaster. I'm curious, is it possible to jack knife in this game?

My Logitech Rumblepad works great for this game. Left stick to steer, right stick to look around. It's definitely worth upgrading from keyboard and mouse.

So it turns out the Scandinavian flick doesn't work so well when you're hauling 20 tons of heavy metals around at 75mph.

I concur. The way you flip a truck is to do a full roll and resume driving like nothing happened, albeit on the wrong side of the motorway ?_?

Oi! I'm a Level 21 Master. :p

Now I'm concentrating more on building up a business. I've got five trucks and four drivers spread over two garages. Two of my drivers are very low-level so they might bring in ?1200 or so on a delivery but they are progressing rather quickly. The other two are ranked up a little more and I've seen up to ?8000 for a single delivery. Work, my minions, work!! :evil:

I've got 18 trucks right now, over four garages. Once you have a couple full garages, the money comes pouring in - several of my drivers do jobs that are over 20,000 or 30,000 Euros each! :D I tinker with their training policies though - I start by maxxing out their Long Distance, then their ADR, and then Fragile Cargo/Just-on-Time/Special Cargo (in no particular order) stats . Fuel economy be damned! :p

Today a friend of mine showed up at my place with a certain VR headset we all know of, the Oculus Rift, and its glorious 1280x800 resolution.

It works phenomenally well, and really brings in a whole new level of immersion. Unfortunately, the setup has one MAJOR issue and one that will be solved purely by tech moving forwards: the resolution is too damn low - when the rift is on, the pixels look around 1mm by 1mm, which just ruins immersion. Also related is the lenses, which need some more refinement to bring the edges of the screen into focus, and finally the overall comfort of the rift, which, considering this is an alpha-grade development kit, should be better for the final release.

As for ETS2 itself: it worked flawlessly on the very first try, once I fed it the "-oculus" command line parameter.

OR you could have enabled oculus from the beta testing -menu :D

A public service announcement for car drivers: don't hang out in the 'no' zone...especially when the truck is going 78mph on a dark, twisty section of the Autobahn.

Double-posting for good news everyone!!

The New DAF XF Euro 6

Last Friday we finally got our hands on the New DAF XF truck. Our artists are now going to have all the high quality references they need, including 3D scans of exterior and interior elements, in order to deliver the perfect game truck.

And off course our sound team was recording all of the the new vehicle sounds. So now you know the new DAF XF Euro 6 is one of the priority trucks we plan to deliver to you!

Linky

That's a damn cool looking truck! I think it will end up replacing my Scania R Topline.

Excellent news! Will take a bit to convert me from my FH16 as well though, I love that thing.

Just took out a loan, bought a new garage in Sheffield, two new FH16s and two new drivers. Here comes the big time!

Amateur! :p I've got two garages (Cambridge and Hannover) with ten trucks and nine drivers. They earned me about 35,000 GBP while I was on a 24ish hour delivery. Ballin.

I have that same FH16 but it just looks goofy with a bull bar and lights so that's why I went with the Scania. I like having the sun mounted on the front of my truck.

Two garages? Rookie! :p

2013-11-27_00001.jpg

I may have a bit of an addiction... I'm going to buy a fifth one soon as I get to France.

I'm not too heavy on truck mods, so my FH16 looks like this:

2013-11-09_00001.jpg

Even the spotlights up top are more for functionality than anything else - it gets really damn dark sometimes!

Last edited: