Firefox downloading problem

L2D

Car(s)
1999 Toyota Camry V6
I downloaded a video off rapidshare in mkv format and while it was downloading I watched it using VLC. But it finished and I kept watching and then when I check to see if it finished it has the error 'could not be saved, because an unknown error occured'. There were 2 files left, mkv and part. The part was the one with the size of the vid so I changed the file extension to mkv and then converted using super to avi. It doesnt work in windows media player.

So basically, is there a way to make the video 'complete' so that i can convert it to avi and it will play?

Change the file back to .part, then use the download link again.
Firefox should recognize an existing incomplete download of the file, and complete it.

After that, you should be able to convert the file.

When I do that it asks if you want to overwrite, which I dont want to do because I dont have much downloads available. And when I press no, it just goes away.

Well then don't touch a file while it's downloading. :rolleyes: If you really want to watch it that bad, copy the temporary file.

If you can find a torrent of the file, I'd suggest using that. It'll hash check what you have and download the rest.

I think all of the data is there it just didnt convert from PART to mkv. I changed the file extension to mkv then used a torrent, it fnished start away and when i converted to avi its a blank screen with no sound in windows media player.

What now?

Uh, you can't just rename .mkv to .avi...

I think all of the data is there it just didnt convert from PART to mkv. I changed the file extension to mkv then used a torrent, it fnished start away and when i converted to avi its a blank screen with no sound in windows media player.

What now?

After redowloading via torrent did the mkv file play in VLC?

This sounds more like a conversion problem than a download problem.