First look: 2009 Chevrolet Camaro prototype

ummmm

http://img295.imageshack.**/img295/6384/camarointpwkgped1cb907gd5.jpg

Any one know where thats taken? Cause thats a Holden - Not a pontiac rebadged ... maybe its an aussie spyshot cause we're gonna get it down here??? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
thats not so bad at all. it may not have the qualitative feel of a BMW but who gives a shit. its a camaro! but auto.... yuk!

I suspect it's a base model v6 seen here, if you guys look on the loader pics that are autoblog you might also notice a few other interesting things.

camaro.trans1.kgp.ed.jpg

Notice that the trailer has a few other vehicles sitting on it ;) Possibly your "GXP" sitting right there

That wagon on the end may be a prototype G8 wagon.

LOL...I got the email with the original message and now see this/\

Who put the delete me?
A mod?

Any one know where thats taken? Cause thats a Holden - Not a pontiac rebadged ... maybe its an aussie spyshot cause we're gonna get it down here??? :mrgreen:

Holden is partnered with GM USA to develop the Camaro. you guys are supposed to get a Holden version of it which should be the new Monaro hopefully.

Yuk indeed :lol:. I was hoping that they would copy the 1st gen auto shifter, since so much of the car is styled after the 1st gen anyway. But that's irrelevant, as anything with that glorious LS3 should have a 6 speed stick behind it.

I'm hoping GM puts a well tuned "auto-stick" in the Camaro (even the v6 ones) like they did with the CTS. With the way it runs, a manual will only be for those who are really anal about having a 3rd pedal.

Holden is partnered with GM USA to develop the Camaro. you guys are supposed to get a Holden version of it which should be the new Monaro hopefully.

It will never be called the Monaro in aus

I was refering to the HSV clubsport and Maloo ute sitting on the loader ;)

I'm hoping GM puts a well tuned "auto-stick" in the Camaro (even the v6 ones) like they did with the CTS. With the way it runs, a manual will only be for those who are really anal about having a 3rd pedal.

I can think of a better reason. When you're just cruising along in your neighborhood, you can press the clutch and rev the engine. With a SBC 6.3L V8 and a good exhaust, it should make a nice noise and wake up those lazy neighbors, so they can get started on those HOA complaints. 8)

Holden is owned by GM, there isn't a partnership going on. Second the Zeta platform (along with the Sigma platform) was designed and enginered by Holden which is why they are doing most of the development. And there are no plans for the new Camaro to be rebadged as anything, not as a Firebird, GTO, or Monaro.

Holden is owned by GM, there isn't a partnership going on. Second the Zeta platform (along with the Sigma platform) was designed and enginered by Holden which is why they are doing most of the development. And there are no plans for the new Camaro to be rebadged as anything, not as a Firebird, GTO, or Monaro.

uh yeah, you totally missed what i said.

re-read the post once more.

ready?

i wasn't talking about GM as a whole (GM North America, GM Europe, and GM Aus), but as in GM North America. but i'm lazy so i decided to type USA. so therefore, GM North America is partnered with Holden to develop the Camaro. meaning there's GM NA and Holden engineers both developing the car. Holden might be owned by GM, but Holden is practically their own company.

also, there's still no official word as to what will be the Camaro's sister car or if there will even be one. there's been rumours flying around to the Firebird and GTO returning.

Last edited:
I can think of a better reason. When you're just cruising along in your neighborhood, you can press the clutch and rev the engine. With a SBC 6.3L V8 and a good exhaust, it should make a nice noise and wake up those lazy neighbors, so they can get started on those HOA complaints. 8)

I'd rather just have a ratty, lumpy, huge overlap cam and dual 3" exhaust to do that :evil: It's less work.

I just personally disliked the look of the dash. I much prefer the layout of the Commodore. But hey, that's just my opinion. No need to get offensive..

Last edited:
You need to reread your own post. You come across as if Holden is an outside firm hired by GM to do the work for them like a company might hire Lotus to do design work. It's not really a partnership when one company is wholly owned by another. And the only word about it getting rebadged comes from people like yourself flapping your jaws.

You really are deserving of your custom title.

Last edited:
It's not really a partnership when one company is wholly owned by another.

you're still lost aren't you?

i wasn't talking about Holden being partnered with GM. i was talking about GM North American engineers partnering with Holden engineers to develop it.

That is a Holden Commodore wagon, but I can't tell if it has the front Pontiac body kit. Looks more like an SS front, though.

Very interesting with the debadged HSV Sedan and HSV Maloo :D

Note the Statesman/Caprice with the Chevy badge. Although it is sold as a Chevy in Saudi Arabia, it is interesting to see that there too..

That is a Holden Commodore wagon, but I can't tell if it has the front Pontiac body kit. Looks more like an SS front, though.

Very interesting with the debadged HSV Sedan and HSV Maloo :D

Note the Statesman/Caprice with the Chevy badge. Although it is sold as a Chevy in Saudi Arabia, it is interesting to see that there too..

But those cars are already on sale so it would be a bit late to do testing for those regions ;)

Well count me as one of those who is really anal about having a third pedal :p. Makes the whole drivetrain simpler, lighter and easier to work on (and much more fun to drive!). Sign me up. Heh "flappy paddles" will never be able to replace a real clutch in my heart.

you're still lost aren't you?

i wasn't talking about Holden being partnered with GM. i was talking about GM North American engineers partnering with Holden engineers to develop it.

So then why are you getting combative with Punisher Bass over him not understanding something you didn't mention. Your original post was written in a way that implied the companies were partnered, not the engineers. Then, when he responds, interpreting your question like that, you start getting defensive, and don't catch that you left that detail out. Seems like he's only lost because he was misled by a crucial bit of information being left out.

[/off-topic][on-topic]

Ooh hoo hoo! Can't wait for this to come out! Don't know why, but I've always loved the Camaro, even though I've never been big on muscle cars. Plus, it seems to have all the right performance ingredients. :drool:

So then why are you getting combative with Punisher Bass over him not understanding something you didn't mention. Your original post was written in a way that implied the companies were partnered, not the engineers. Then, when he responds, interpreting your question like that, you start getting defensive, and don't catch that you left that detail out. Seems like he's only lost because he was misled by a crucial bit of information being left out.

Punisher Bass can back himself up. he doesn't need a little 16 yr old to do it. but if you want to know why i got defensive.....

because his reply after my first reply to him "correcting" me was in a demeaning manner. so therefore, that's why i was being defensive. secondly, he was the only one who didn't understand what i was talking about. notice how nobody else (even the Australian members) had trouble trying to understand it. so obviously, it wasn't that hard to understand what i was talking about.