For anyone who doesn't know who the stig is.

Rafterman82

My x gf, worked with the 5th gear crew, (Tif , Quentin etcetc,)

The original Stig was Tif himself, there was someone in between, but currently to my knowledge the Stig is touring car champion Ben Collins.

Enjoy the info

Welcome :).
Some of do like to know who the stig is, keeps the mystery alive.
Your info is a little weak though.

Weak in which sense, my x, worked with the extopgear crew!! i live near the airfield where topgear is filmed, you are in Australia, and you say my info is weak? I say your response is unfounded, this is inside info passed on to me via Tif Nedal, so I can trust it, its your choice whether you wish to or not. The fact remains the stig is Touring Car champion Ben Collins, his accent even matches up with where he is from, at the end of the day the show IS filmed in my country, its understandable info will make its way to me. The day when a 19year old tells me my info is weak is the day I die my friend :p

I'm 19, no body listens to me :p
I just felt there was a bit of gap between the 1st and 2nd line and that is my opinion.
Also whats wrong with Australia?

It's a pity you can't spell Tiff Needell, via whom you received this information.

It's all good and well to jump on some forums saying this sort of stuff but really, where's the proof? If we just go by your word, well, that's not very reliable is it?

Sadly no proof, its one of those word of mouth things, but being a lover of top gear i have always wanted to know. So when my gf, got a job at NorthOne Television working as a researcher for fifth gear and the gadget show, I asked her to ask Tif who the stig was, so low and behold she found out, it made sense. Tif also said he was the Stig ages ago. Up to you guiys whether you want to believ it or not, the only way you would really find out is via this sort of method ie "inside info".
It doesn't stop there, one night about 9months ago I got a call from, Tiff (really cannot be arsed spelling his name my spelling and grammer is awful sorry) he asked me if I could swap roles with him for one evening? he wanted my gf for one evening and i got to be him for one evening which involved sleeping in the middle of nowhere in Whales for a shoot for 5thgear. Strange phone call but understandable as my gf was pretty hot and had half a brain, i told him no, he said "i can see why" but he seems like a really nice chap. Its a strange world i live in. I saw a thread linking to this forum where I am a long term member and honestly thought you guys may want some insider knowledge on stig, maybe i was mistaken.

Last edited:
Well there are some of our members that like to know who the Stig is. Sorry if your welcome sounded a little rude.

Sadly no proof, its one of those word of mouth things, but being a lover of top gear i have always wanted to know. So when my gf, got a job at NorthOne Television working as a researcher for fifth gear and the gadget show, I asked her to ask Tif who the stig was, so low and behold she found out, it made sense. Tif also said he was the Stig ages ago. Up to you guiys whether you want to believ it or not, the only way you would really find out is via this sort of method ie "inside info".
It doesn't stop there, one night about 9months ago I got a call from, Tiff (really cannot be arsed spelling his name my spelling and grammer is awful sorry) he asked me if I could swap roles with him for one evening? he wanted my gf for one evening and i got to be him for one evening which involved sleeping in the middle of nowhere in Whales for a shoot for 5thgear. Strange phone call but understandable as my gf was pretty hot and had half a brain, i told him no, he said "i can see why" but he seems like a really nice chap. Its a strange world i live in. I saw a thread linking to this forum where I am a long term member and honestly thought you guys may want some insider knowledge on stig, maybe i was mistaken.

Find something better to do then tell stupid, made up stories on forums.

Lol masternate, i dont need to do such a thing, sadly everything I said is true, up to you whether you believe it or not, i suppose it comes with the lifestyle though. I know a couple of famous peeps and have mates who know some TV stars through jobs

http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmain.jsp?lnk=401&featureid=60&show=s4e3&section=Links

my gf was Dionne South, check the link, anyone who knows the gadget show knows they do 5th gear as well

supposesidly clarkson hated the old producer of top gear ewan keil so he went off to do 5thgear, something about clarkson calling him a wanker because his name spells wank, ewan again seemed like a nice guy when i have spoken to him in the past when asking him what time my gf had left the office, my gf was usually one of the peeps who was on the computers in the background when 5th gear and the gadget show use the office as a back drop,

I thought the Stig was Dr Who...thanks for ruining it...lol

Oh my, call the firefighters! Flame war!

Weak in which sense, my x, worked with the extopgear crew!! i live near the airfield where topgear is filmed, you are in Australia, and you say my info is weak? I say your response is unfounded, this is inside info passed on to me via Tif Nedal, so I can trust it, its your choice whether you wish to or not. The fact remains the stig is Touring Car champion Ben Collins, his accent even matches up with where he is from, at the end of the day the show IS filmed in my country, its understandable info will make its way to me. The day when a 19year old tells me my info is weak is the day I die my friend :p

this is one of the dumbest things ive ever read. In order for a response not to be "weak", which yours is, it should have strong evidence, not "my x gf told me such and such." For all we know, you dont have an x gf.

Just because top gear is filmed in your country, doesnt mean that you are therefore the automatic authority on any such matter.

And age? Age has nothing to do with it my friend, Einstein was doing his very best work in his early 20s

Tif "Nedal" himself eh? Through your "x"? I'd like to hear what the other 25 letters of the alphabet think on the subject. Of course because you live near the airfield you must be an authority. Not only that but the show is filmed in YOUR country. This guy gets more concrete every passing sentence, so if you're a young adult you'd best not question him, because no young adult knows something he doesn't, ever. Obviously.

Putting my sarcasm hat aside for a moment, none of this is new info, and you have one hell of a shitty attitude.

The Stig might very well be Ben Collins. But for all we know, you might very well be Ben Collins. You came to us with weak ass shit, and you were taken to task for it. That's all that happened.

...could we at least argue about Corvettes or HP/L again? At least that's entertaining.

ok

corvettes are sucky pieces of glass fibre shit with naff handling and pre-jesus rear suspension

also the mitsubishi evo FQ400 roxorz because it has 200bhp per liter, crummy vette cant even manage 100 because its engine is a load of inefficient american excess.

:p 8)

will that be enough to stoke the entertainment factor? its at least as creative as the OP's

he asked me if I could swap roles with him for one evening? he wanted my gf for one evening and i got to be him for one evening which involved sleeping in the middle of nowhere in Whales for a shoot for 5thgear. Strange phone call but understandable as my gf was pretty hot and had half a brain

Che cosa?

You sure are entertaining, Rafterman82.