German police stops illegal rallye - 63 cars confiscated

And seizing private property because of what the owners might possibly do with it is not black and white?

Wow, you are a verbal acrobate. Never thought such argumentative somersaults were possible.

Let me ask you, do you think those car owners are only capable of illegal racing and reckless driving outside of the rally? Do you think it's the rally stickers on the sides of their cars that forces them to drive twice the speedlimit into on-coming traffic?

There is nothing stopping those drivers from driving like idiots after the rally. Or before the rally.

Last edited:
And who?s taxes pay the rent this warehouse costs? right ... mine. :(

Apart from that ... as far as I know, racing on public roads is forbidden almost everywhere across this Planet. So please don?t try to make it sound like such laws are a german thing ... :)

And seizing private property because of what the owners might possibly do with it is not black and white?

Let me ask you, do you think those car owners are only capable of illegal racing and reckless driving outside of the rally? Do you think it's the rally stickers on the sides of their cars that forces them to drive twice the speedlimit into on-coming traffic?

There is nothing stopping those drivers from driving like idiots after the rally. Or before the rally.

A bunch of idiots is always more dangerous than just one idiot.

As far as I know, the cars were parked in that warehouse over night by the organizers of the rallye.

The police then just locked them up in there.

Apart from that, being lectured by folks from a country where policemen have to check cars always with one hand at their gun, because the driver might shoot at them, is a bit strange, me thinks...

Last edited:
A bunch of idiots is always more dangerous than just one idiot.

The roads are full of idiots.

Apart from that, being lectured by folks from a country where policemen have to check cars always with one hand at their gun, because the driver might shoot at them, is a bit strange, me thinks...
You never know. The Police have a dangerous job, dealing with dangerous people each day. If they feel the need to have their gun ready during every single traffic stop, it's their choice. But personally, the police rarely put a hand on their weapon unless they feel something is very very wrong.

Last edited:
Having read more comments here, I?d like to add something.

It?s not like in the USA, Great Britan or most other countries in the World Police can?t act on foresight to prevent crime.

Police don?t have to stand next to someone with a pulled gun and wait for him to shoot, Police don?t have to watch some burglar walking down some streets with a crowbar in his hand, police don?t have to wait for a race to start when 20 youngsters with tuned cars meet on a street somewhere and Police definetly don?t have to wait for a race to take place when 63 Sportscars meet somewhere to take part in a rather (in)famous rally. It?s called preventive measures. Your country?s police does them too when they have good reason to belive that crimes are about to be commited. So again, please don?t try to make it sound like some german-thing, and please look at what measures were taken here. It?s not like People got arrested or fined for nothing. It?s not like Amnesty International is going to give a shit about this :p

You're confusing a rally with a race. A rally is just driving from point A to point B during an organized event. You're expected to obey all traffic laws during a Rally, such as this.

You're confusing a rally with a race. A rally is just driving from point A to point B during an organized event. You're expected to obey all traffic laws during a Rally, such as this.
A "Rally" is held on a route approved by authorities, with taken safety measures (checked and appoved by authorities) along that route. Short - a rally is something that is carefully planed, proposed to- and approved by local authorities. Anything else is just a illegal street-race.

There are a lot of legal rallys out there ... and their cars don?t get locked away. On the contrary, police and authorities assist on such rallys. This isn?t a rally ... it?s an illegal street-race ... trying to name it a "rally" is nothing less than a silly effort to split hairs by the hosts.

A "Rally" is held on a route approved by authorities, with taken safety measures (checked and appoved by authorities) along that route. Short - a rally is something that is carefully planed, proposed to- and approved by local authorities. Anything else is just a illegal street-race.

There are a lot of legal rallys out there ... and their cars don?t get locked away. On the contrary, police and authorities assist on such rallys. This isn?t a rally ... it?s an illegal street-race ... trying to name it a "rally" is nothing less than a silly effort to split hairs by the hosts.

Nope. This is an organized rally event, like any other. The government just decided it would be bad publicity to allow them anymore, after the events of the Gumball last year.

Here is the official registration form for the event:

http://www.rushh-drive.com/pdf/registration-form.pdf

I'll cut and paste the important part:

1. RUSHH Drive is an orderly registered event and not an illegal car race. It?s forbidden to make any
bets regarding the RUSHH Drive. The participants have to respect the laws and restricted speed of
every federal state on the route. Tickets need to be paid by attendants. For violating law the
attendant is in charge and has to bear the consequences.

15. The attendant agrees with the eligibility requirements of the RUSHH DRIVE. If the attendant
breaks any of the RUSHH DRIVE rules or does not agree on the requirements or does not follow the
briefing of the organisation the attendant will be except from the above mentioned event.

Nope. This is an organized rally event, like any other. The government just decided it would be bad publicity to allow them anymore, after the events of the Gumball last year.
... who are you to spread doubts about my beloved goverment into me! :shock2:

;) seriously ... I can?t quite belive that it is an actual approved event ... If it were, Police would have no grounds for such actions. I don?t blindly trust the police nor our goverment ... but if the police were breaking such laws, they?d all be out their jobs in some weeks time (without pension-payment) and no Cop here would risk that for a silly politician. I suspect the organisers are not telling the whole truth about their permissions ... and in the end I guess we all can?t be sure about what side tells the truth ...

So in case someone makes a bomb at home and he has told everyone about it and everyone knows he's going to blow something up - you suggest to wait until he actually did it before arresting him?

This analogy fails. A bomb is made to do one thing; destroy property and people. Cars are tools that can be enjoyed within the limits of the law by enthusiasts.

Well, last time such a "rallye" happened, and innocent person died. Reason enough for me.

And it's not like someone took their freedom or hurt their human dignity. The press here is making a lot of fun of them and the whole incident, considering that it hit a bunch of millionaire misfits and rich sons.

You're implying that because they're shitty people that justice doesn't apply... That's contrary to everything that justice is.

You're saying that because someone unconnected in a different group of people commited a crime that another group of people should't be allowed to perform a legal activity?

People have shot up their schools before and killed dozens of people. Does that mean the police should come round to your house and prevent you from going to school? No, because it's a legal activity. There's the potential for illegal activity in it, but that goes for everthing ever. Just set up police observers along the rally route and bust people FOR COMMITING CRIMES (gee there's a quaint idea).

Here is the official registration form for the event:

http://www.rushh-drive.com/pdf/registration-form.pdf

I'll cut and paste the important part:

The _government_ decided nothing, the police decided not to allow the event because of experience from the last years with other "rallys" like that, it always lead to excessive speeding and endangering people.
It would be no problem at all if those guys wouldn't act like total morons at these events.

While most of the drivers are arrogant douchebags, it still sucks that the pigs can just confiscate all there cars like that. Hopefully all these nice cars "stolen" out of the police impound and returned to their rightful owners.

As I stated two times before, the cars were already given back, they just kept them locked for the time the event was scheduled.

The _government_ decided nothing, the police decided not to allow the event because of experience from the last years with other "rallys" like that, it always lead to excessive speeding and endangering people.
It would be no problem at all if those guys wouldn't act like total morons at these events.

The German Police acted on a decision by a German Court. And it all probably happened after the event organizers got their permits and spent who knows how much money organizing hotels/caterers/etc.

And not all of them act like morons. It just happens to be that most people with lots of money and free time to do silly things like pay thousands of dollars to go on a rally and party each night, might be a bit... over the top.

It's sooo nice of them to have signed for paying speeding tickets and stuff... really nice of them... that'll hurt those rich guys, if they get caught.

We have a saying in Germany: Papier ist geduldig (Paper is patient).

The whole thing is actually like a chemistry experiment: Put ingredient A and ingredient B together and you have an explosion.

Put a bunch of Porsche drivers together with a bunch of BMW drivers and other sports car drivers, and you'll have a race - no matter what the organisers intended.

Last edited:

Again, you're judging individual persons based on the actions of other individual persons. That's not justice.

Would you be pissed off if someone implied you were a fascist because you're a German? Damn right you would be, it wouldn't be fair of someone to do that.

Would you be pissed off if someone implied you were a fascist because you're a German? Damn right you would be, it wouldn't be fair of someone to do that.

But if it smells like poo, looks like poo and perhaps has been in a toilet before, it just might be poo, doesn't it? I wouldn't risk to eat it..

Would you be pissed off if someone implied you were a fascist because you're a German?

The level of argumentation cannot go much lower than that, really. But I allow you to assume that, if you admit that you run around in a kilt all day, play the bagpipe and wear blue makeup like Mel Gibson in "Braveheart".

But if it smells like poo, looks like poo and perhaps has been in a toilet before, it just might be poo, doesn't it? I wouldn't risk to eat it..

Exactly - but some people really need to be pushed with their noses into it, until they believe it.

Last edited:
The level of argumentation cannot go much lower than that, really.

Relevant analogy. It should be obvious the point I'm making; it's not justice to judge people based on other peoples actions because there is one thing in common between them.