Getting Ron Paul into the oval office

Ron Paul has been getting a little more attention lately. This "white supremacist" donated $500 dollars to his campaign, and Paul didn't return it......for some reason, that made headlines. Why should it matter, and why should he have to return the funds? It's so stupid.

Anyway...I was watching meet the press with Tim Russert yesterday, and he had Ron Paul on as part of this weekly meet the candidates segment. Russert was pulling out quotes from 1988 when he ran as a libertarian. And the other quotes/questions he had were really terrible. I don't think any of the front runners are grilled as much on their past. It was pathetic really.

Eh, interviewers aren't that much more biased against Paul. What's glaring to me is just how bad they are in general. I tend to multitask, so if he's on Fox or MSNBC I usually get 15 or 20 minutes beforehand. When Paul was on Glenn Beck, they led into it with Huckabee's holiday ad controversy. WHY IS THAT EVEN BEING DISCUSSED?! Never mind that he pardoned a rapist who turned into a murderer, HUCKABEE IS TRYING TO BRAINWASH US WITH A BOOKCASE. Mind you, Huckabee knew exactly what he was doing, but still.

Firecat: Ron Paul has been getting a little more attention lately. This "white supremacist" donated $500 dollars to his campaign, and Paul didn't return it......for some reason, that made headlines. Why should it matter, and why should he have to return the funds? It's so stupid.

agreed , and i would imagine there are more white supremacists donating to hillary because of her opponent , or to mitt for that matter .

Anyway...I was watching meet the press with Tim Russert yesterday, and he had Ron Paul on as part of this weekly meet the candidates segment. Russert was pulling out quotes from 1988 when he ran as a libertarian. And the other quotes/questions he had were really terrible. I don't think any of the front runners are grilled as much on their past. It was pathetic really.

i checked it out . the good thing is ron had a good answer to everything , even stuff which i thought would make him stumble , like the congressional earmarks question he gave a good explanation to .

Eh, interviewers aren't that much more biased against Paul. What's glaring to me is just how bad they are in general. I tend to multitask, so if he's on Fox or MSNBC I usually get 15 or 20 minutes beforehand. When Paul was on Glenn Beck, they led into it with Huckabee's holiday ad controversy. WHY IS THAT EVEN BEING DISCUSSED?! Never mind that he pardoned a rapist who turned into a murderer, HUCKABEE IS TRYING TO BRAINWASH US WITH A BOOKCASE. Mind you, Huckabee knew exactly what he was doing, but still.

the news tends to go with what the other news agencies are doing . it is like fashion . incidentally , however , huckabee is the person i would like to see as president if not ron paul . at least he would apparently like to abolish the irs as paul would .

the news tends to go with what the other news agencies are doing . it is like fashion . incidentally , however , huckabee is the person i would like to see as president if not ron paul . at least he would apparently like to abolish the irs as paul would .

He's only doing that to grasp at the coattails of Ron Paul on the issue. Seriously, every time someone behaves as if Huckabee is God's child, I feel a small part of myself lose hope. He's a shill, just like most of the others - nothing more.

if huckabee is trying to ride the coattails of ron paul that is a good sign for ron paul , though in fairness , i am pretty sure he decided to adopt the fair tax idea from neal boortz before ron paul even announced his candidacy . whatever the case of who wins i hope huckabee is not a shill .

it is too early to tell about who will win . i hold out great hope for ron paul and think the fact that his campaign has been gaining is a good sign . when i can , i wish to support his campaign , in fact .

vegasrebel , are you a ron paul fan ?

It seems that Fox News will be having a Republican debate later this month, and Ron Paul hasn't been invited. Which is BS, because his poll numbers are fairly high....and he raises more money than any other republican.

So tonight is the New Hampshire republican presidential forum on Fox News. And yes, Ron Paul is not there...but Fred Thompson is. Even though in all the NH polls, Ron Paul is around 8-10% and Fred is between 1-2%

Unbelievable. And the New Hampshire Republican Party pulled its sponsorship of the event.

Last edited:
So tonight is the New Hampshire republican presidential forum on Fox News. And yes, Ron Paul is not there...but Fred Thompson is. Even though in all the NH polls, Ron Paul is around 8-10% and Fred is between 1-2%

Unbelievable. And the New Hampshire Republican Party pulled its sponsorship of the event.

how far fox news has fallen . it is very sad and pathetic . it is a discredit to fox news . new slogan : we retort , you deride . :mad:
i think ron paul should run ads during the breaks :lol:

lol...yeah. Ron Paul even beat Rudy in Iowa. Fox isn't saying what there standards were for allowing candidates on. The government should really get involved in this, as it must be illegal.

lol...yeah. Ron Paul even beat Rudy in Iowa. Fox isn't saying what there standards were for allowing candidates on. The government should really get involved in this, as it must be illegal.

illegal ? not sure . distasteful ? absolutely <_<
but ...
he beat the person who was favored to win . now he needs to beat the person who is favored to win !

also :

the ron paul supporters should start an overarching organization to promote the principles that they/we stand for . this org can plan to strategically work to get the right candidates into high offices .
to some extent this is already being tried and put together . has anyone heard of the international freedom force ?

how far fox news has fallen . it is very sad and pathetic . it is a discredit to fox news . new slogan : we retort , you deride . :mad:
i think ron paul should run ads during the breaks :lol:

When was Fox news ever on top? Rarely has Fox news ever been anything but Faux News. :rolleyes:

Another debate tonight hosted by Fox, Ron Paul is there. What question do they ask? About 9/11 "truthers" supporting him, if he endorses them, or if he will ask them to stop.

The recent news about him being either an idiot or a bigot and racist are of no surprise to me.

I don't think he's a racist/bigot, and they had to dig deep to slime him. Those statements shouldn't have gone out under a newsletter in his name, and he fucked up on that....but I do believe his response. And it's true, why is there no other record of similar statements other than what's in the newsletters?

I don't think he's a racist/bigot, and they had to dig deep to slime him. Those statements shouldn't have gone out under a newsletter in his name, and he fucked up on that....but I do believe his response. And it's true, why is there no other record of similar statements other than what's in the newsletters?

Then he is an idiot, letting it go on for so long.

Yeah, he is. But it doesn't really change my opinion of his candidacy. Especially when other candidates say and do things that are worse more recently.

The recent news about him being either an idiot or a bigot and racist are of no surprise to me.

how much of an idiot could he be ? he seems to be the only one that recognizes that in order to be able to cut taxes and avoid increasing the deficit , you have to cut spending . he seems to be the only one who understands that there are problems with the federal reserve system .

those statements were in a newsletter he published and yes he missed it but i would not say that makes him an idiot . i am sure that 99.9% of what was published in that newsletter was as wholesome as apple pie , and at least he was doing something . :|

outside of the newsletter , what makes him an idiot ?
why do you dislike him ?

The racism allegations aren't much of a surprise. I say this not because he's a racist, but because while Paul was running for the House of Representatives years ago, the Republican Party funded his Democratic challenger.

It's not exactly a stretch to imagine that they caused this fiasco years ago as well.