Gran Turismo 4 Lap Times

Everyone check out post one.

I don't really see why we should close this thread. Seems to be working well for everyone else.

I quite like it, I think it's pretty predictable and planted. Are you using any driving aids? You can't hate it too much if you're at 6'44!

nope im not using driving aids. i actually kinda like how you can flick it around some corners
what really aggravates me though is the balance of the thing. going over a crest or downhill is suicide if you're not reaalllyy careful
that bit at the end of pfantzgarten has caught me out a few times

Everyone check out post one.

dont change it. its working well the way it is
whoever wins sets the challenge
and im liking this sort of tuning challenge where you dont have to worry about what youve bought but rather how far to the edge you want to take it

the only thing id like to see is maybe each weeks challenge posted in the first post along with previous challenges, the winner and the time
thatd be good to keep track of things

I was just wondering, are you guys using wheels? If so, which ones?

Yeah im on a wheel
Logitech Driving Force, the GT3 one

Last edited:
im driving controller

im driving controller

manual / asm and tcs off...
still havent made a faster one since the first post...
its sunday here in philippines... ill try to improve...
we should try to post our replays here... if we could

does anyone know how to record and transfer?

basically the fastest we've seen is Necx0's 6:42.401

ILL CHASE THAT TIME hehehehe... let's try... LOL!

i reckon i could beat 6:42.401
i'm only 1.5 seconds off it
but im all busy at the moment because im going away for a while, so im not sure ill have the time :(

oh and is there a way to view sector times other than going through the replay?

Last edited:
New time of 6:36.551

Can go faster as you can always go faster on the 'Ring but its pretty close to as fast as I can go, no offs, no massive slides, actually first sector was a little messy but dropped about a second max.

I haven't bothered changing any settings apart from max downforce front and rear and bumping brake balance to 6/4 Front and Rear.

New time of 6:36.551

Dannnnng. I don't think i'll even attempt to touch that one. This is further emphasized by the fact I bought NHL09 this weekend which I have been playing non-stop.

It's funny though, I think I have my brakes at 6/5. Very similar.

Scotty loves the 'Ring!!!

Nurburgring that is :p

Dunno if the time is up on this yet but I had to have a quick go. 6:42.140 was my best time, on my third completed lap.

I think I was on my way towards a sub 6:40 but I screwed up the exit of Bergwerk which cost plenty of time, I made a complete hash of the second carousel (whatever it was called) and to top it all off didn't exactly nail the exit of the final corner to the long straight. As I lost over two seconds to my second best lap on the last few sectors it's clear I could have made it to below 6:40 and pretty close to 6:36. And below :p

Naaahhhh I don't reckon you could have :p

How does a man with no car drive so fast?? Yes I realise its a game but you need to know all the basic principles still.....

Oh you're Finnish....never mind

How does a man with no car drive so fast?? Yes I realise its a game but you need to know all the basic principles still.....

Oh you're Finnish....never mind

There you go then, there's your answer :mrgreen:

I did do sim racing with PC for over five years which sort of helps, though that was with a wheel and of limited use when using the controller.

Oh, and the having no car thing is only current situation. I did own a Toyota Corolla which I turned into an ice racing car ;)

A bloody ice racer!!! Here I was thinking you were one of those wierdos that love motorsport but never learned to drive and you are a damn racing driver!!!

I don't feel so bad now haha I was thinking everything I have learned in reality and applied to the virtual world had been wasted!

A bloody ice racer!!! Here I was thinking you were one of those wierdos that love motorsport but never learned to drive and you are a damn racing driver!!!

I don't feel so bad now haha I was thinking everything I have learned in reality and applied to the virtual world had been wasted!

:p

I'm hardly a racing driver, though, in actual fact I haven't done that much driving on the track. I was a poor student back in the day and fuel was damn expensive for my budget. And now that I'm working and could afford to do more driving I live so far from my folks that I get to spend maybe two days a year on the track and if I'm really lucky the weather is right and someone loans me a car and I just might get to do a few laps...

Oh, and when I say ice racer it was basically some metal tubing to make sure the doors didn't cave in when someone else decided to get close and personal (not uncommon), adding spike tyres (fronts only :mrgreen:) and removing the muffler for proper sounds. Still, heaps of fun and I really recommend something similar for anyone who has any interest in racing and/or fast driving whatsoever. :cool:

I don't know about you or anyone else, but playing GT for the past 10+ years has definitely had an impact on my actual driving abilities, especially in my first few years of driving.

So what's the next challenge?

Last edited:
I don't know about you or anyone else, but playing GT for the past 10+ years has definitely had an impact on my actual driving abilities, especially in my first few years of driving.

If you drive with wheel and pedals I think it certainly has an effect. If nothing else you learn to use the wheel and pedals to control the car instinctively when quick reactions are needed. I've avoided more than one accident thanks to that.

As for next challenge, I'm hoping for something with much less grip. It's much more fun to balance the car on the limit of low grip level than drive something as edgy as that Mustang was with those slicks.