Halo 3

JohnnyRacer

Well, I serched and didn't see a thread about it.

Anyone playing the ARG that has gone along with it? It's fun stuff. If it's not known around here, I will explain later.

I tried the Halo3 Beta - and remembered why I hate doing online FPS gaming.

HL2 ftw!

Failz, I'm going to Canada the day after the release.

:(

I tried the Halo3 Beta - and remembered why I hate doing online FPS gaming.

What you don't like being abused because your not as good to p00n newbs as the 14yr olds?

After the disappointment that was Halo 2, I can't bring myself to be excited about the third. It's a shame too, because I loved the first one. :(

I do not understand the disappointment in Halo 2. The Multilayer was really good and still uses the best program to find a good game (only bad thing was the pistol). The story opened a lot of new doors for the universe and just happened to end on a cliff hanger, yet many movies and TV show end on cliff hangers (even Half-Life and Half-Life 2) and yet noone ever complains about that.

I do not understand the disappointment in Halo 2. The Multilayer was really good and still uses the best program to find a good game (only bad thing was the pistol). The story opened a lot of new doors for the universe and just happened to end on a cliff hanger, yet many movies and TV show end on cliff hangers (even Half-Life and Half-Life 2) and yet noone ever complains about that.

I think the main issue is that Halo 2 ended up being 25~30% single player and 70~75% multiplayer; which can be annoying if a) you intarwebs suck; b) you keep getting into matches full of 14 year olds who just discovered the word "fuck" and use it to discribe everything from the color of their guns to what they think about your ability to shoot; c) you don't have friends with Halo 2.

I liked Halo 2, but the single player did seem kinda short.

I think this time they are trying to give that good balance of both. With the great single player finally answering questions and the "Forge" option for multiplayer, I don't think it will disappoint.

I have talked about this with a friend of mine. Halo wasn't an evolution in gaming, it was a revolution. The graphics, the gameplay, the story, everything was pushing the Box to the limit. Halo blew people's minds and we expected to have the same awesome feeling with Halo 2. Well, it was for the same hardware as Halo and Halo 2 would have to be as far above and beyond it's predecessor as Halo was beyond it's competitors at the time of it's introduction. It just wasn't going to happen. We wanted our minds blown and were disappointed when they weren't. Halo 2 wasn't a bad game for the single player - I never played it online and I love Halo 2. I think it has better replay value than Halo did because you get to try out different dual-wield combinations.

Ok, that's my two cents.

Erm, I remember playing Halo and quite liking it, but it got repetitive very fast,
and there were tons of better FPS games on the PC, there were also much better
other genre games on Xbox, PS2 and PC, and there was "Chronicles of Riddick"
which was a better FPS on the Xbox.

By the time of Halo 2, there was absolutely no reason to play it if you also had a PC.

I'm baffled by the phenomenon of people liking the Halo storyline and characters,
because to me it all seemed incredibly generic and uninspiring.

That's because you didn't have the Spanish version of Halo 2. The box said "Voiceover completely done in Spanish", well, that was partly true if you lived in Mexico, because the voiceover was in Mexican. Horrible!!!

Mexican it's not Spanish!!! Buerks!!!:sick:

This made people hate the game even much.

I think the main issue is that Halo 2 ended up being 25~30% single player and 70~75% multiplayer; which can be annoying if a) you intarwebs suck; b) you keep getting into matches full of 14 year olds who just discovered the word "fuck" and use it to discribe everything from the color of their guns to what they think about your ability to shoot; c) you don't have friends with Halo 2.

I liked Halo 2, but the single player did seem kinda short.

That's also true. I hate those games where their focus is on the multiplayer and the singleplayer campaign it's only 3 hours long. I hate playing against nerds who think they are gods, simply because they don't have social life and spend the whole day playing online. I love singlepalyer FPS specially when the story it's really good. And Halo isn't much of a good example IMHO.