Help on License Plate ID, British Maybe?

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Last edited:
German, from a district called Maerkischer Kreis in Nordrhein-Westfalen, early 1990s or older.

tru dat, couldn't have put it better myself

Damn, you're good! :blink:

it's not THAT hard

on any german plate,the first 2 letters is an abbreviation of where the car is registered. He mentioned 1990s because of the layout of the rest of the number/letter combination. I think they now use more letters/numbers because they ran out of plates.

Damn, you're good! :blink:

it's not THAT hard

on any german plate,the first 2 letters is an abbreviation of where the car is registered. He mentioned 1990s because of the layout of the rest of the number/letter combination. I think they now use more letters/numbers because they ran out of plates.

Well, I'm still not nerdy enough to know all the German districts by heart, but it's all on wiki (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Kfz-Kennzeichen_in_Deutschland). I've stumbled across that page some time ago already.
I didn't mention the 90s because of the numbers and letters, I think that depends more on the population of the district and also, as you can see from the wiki, in some districts, certain combinations are assigned to the city, while others are assigned to the surroundings. The reason I mentioned the 90s was, because around mid 90s the new design, featuring the 'OCR style' font and the blue EU stripe, was introduced. Also, this plate doesn't seem to be reflective, so it's probably even a bit older than that.

German, from a district called Maerkischer Kreis in Nordrhein-Westfalen, early 1990s or older.

No.

Maerkischer Kreis is MK, MR is Marburg which is ~60km north of Frankfurt :)

The old plates were available till September 2001, after that you have to use those EU plates:

800px-Plate-KA-PA777.JPG

Top sticker tells when to go to next check by the tuev (Info), lower sticker is a district sticker like north-rhine-westfalia or bavaria

Last edited by a moderator:
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ad/adunaphel/2008/08/12/motivator7678310.jpg

We do not have to have the stupid blue crap on our plates - mine do not have them.
The stupid blue crap is one of the few good things about the EU. And your car has the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car and an englishman inside, a dead giveaway.
And it's ORANGE for some odd reason.

318188438_baa1374294.jpg

Last edited:
Dunno if one can hotlink flickr but anyways, why we need the blue stripe.

331823284_b8d291f299.jpg

2689463709_8062c1af29.jpg

We got the blue stripe in 2001-2002, IIRC. Some car owners get a new plate for their older car, possibly with the same registration, to get a newer look; it makes sense if you drive a, let's say, MKIV Golf which didn't change much from 1998 to 2004/2006. But, in the other hand, if you drive an older car which has EU-style plates, it doesn't really fit it and makes it look like 1) A German import 2) a re-registered beater which has been in a barn for ages after failing the MoT.

It's a thin blue line :p

Good job, doesn't spoil the front. Especially with a RX-8 there's nowhere to put it...