How much is Jeremy worth?

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
This is sort of an unusual question, but does anyone know what his net worth might be around or how much he might get paid for Top Gear and other projects?

I really have no idea how much European presenters get paid... I know if he was as a big a celebrity in America as he is in England, he'd probably get paid millions every year. Lots of no-talent assclowns get paid for doing jack in America.

Re: How much is Jeremy worth?

Shawn_230 said:
This is sort of an unusual question, but does anyone know what his net worth might be around or how much he might get paid for Top Gear and other projects?

Well I know for a fact (from someone who works in TV) that the presenters on Fifth Gear get ?2000 a day. So I would imagine Jeremy knows this and knowing him would demand more. Some of my professors at univeristy have written books and they get about 50p (half of ?1) for every book. So you need to sell quite a lot to make anything. Don't know what he gets per DVD/Video. Also in the UK we have a thing called "Repeat Fees" what this means is everytime a show is repeated (re-runs) they get paid agian, normally a bit less than the original fee, but if the oringinal fee was high then this would be too.

He lives in a pretty nice house in a pretty nice neighborhood and owns 3-4 cars. At the same time, he has three children. My guess of his annual salary is around ?500.000. His net worth is probably around the ?5 million range. This is all my guesswork though!

If he earns ?500.000 a year, then why would he say that he doesn't have ?25.000 to spend around (Sunday Times article about his ?25.000 bid for a private yacht rental)? Maybe he earns less, but that won't make sense considering he does more than just Top Gear.

I guess in Clarkson's case it would be quite higher than fifthgear presenters or any other cos he is quite a superstar....and ofcourse he writes a column for the Times and also has quite a few DVDs he can expect royalties (fees) from....

does anyone have a picture of his house? i remember him in a DB7 review park near a house and go toward it like it was his, but it may not have been. And he spent alot on the Ford GT so he is worth a considerable amount and he has 3 kids and his wife is his manager i think. He IS worth a lot.

I don't have a pic of his house, but I have seen it.

It was in some show on speed or something and he bought an old RAF lightning fighter jet (don't worry it wasn't that much, like 1500 pounds) as a monument to speed and put it out front of his house...much to the despair of his wife, who looked very angry as the massive truck and plane dug up the lawn and ran over her flowers. :lol:

I read some time ago that he has since removed it and donated it to a local aircraft museum.

Yes of his house at Derbyhaven during the episode on the Isle of Man, but that's his holiday house ;) I m not so sure whether that actually was his house.

hajj said:
Yes of his house at Derbyhaven during the episode on the Isle of Man, but that's his holiday house ;) I m not so sure whether that actually was his house.

nooo. i saw his actual house inside and out, i am 100% sure, it had some video of his kids driving around in his go-karts

His mother invented those little bears and she made herself quite a fortune, which Jeremey will obviously inherit... lets just say, hes not pressed for cash. :lol:

Well I'm not sure how rich her mother is, but old ladies often don't have the penchant (or "ponshon" as Jezza would say) for expensive, quick cars.

But the Paddington Bear is quite famous... she must've gotten a piece of the action.

mattshaw said:
hajj said:

nooo. i saw his actual house inside and out, i am 100% sure, it had some video of his kids driving around in his go-karts

In "who do you think you are?" right? I saw it too, looks nice.

^No in the beginning you see his house and his wife and kids.

Yeah, you see both houses in it...

Anyway, I thought a lot about this some time ago...
And its pretty hard, because he has his books, DVDs, the collumn (sp?), the mag and the show.

Lets assume, he gets 5000 pounds for the mag, 3000 pounds for the newspaper //a month -> 96000 pounds a year.
100000 pounds per TG season -> 296000 pounds a year
75000 pounds for the annual video -> 371000 pounds a year
25000 for the old books per year -> 396000 a year

+ another show at 50000 to 75000 pounds a year. Plus some change money for hosting various stuff...

So 500000 could be true, who knows. I guess, he is saving quite a bit, because he knows TG won't run forever (or he won't do it forever...) and that has to be one of the biggest income sources for him...

Buba

don't forget he also has contract with BT for those adverts he does, i think he is on a couple of hundred thousand with them and don't forget he will have a contract with the BBC for so many years, so he will get a set amount each year regardless of how many programs he does for them. He is an asset to the BBC so he will have maybe a 5 year "golden handcufs" deal. He also earns money for hosting events such as Mph 04/05 and i know he demands over ?9000 for doing after diner speaches. He writes 3 newspaper articles a week as well as a monthly article for top gear magazine, so with all that and money coming in from book and dvd sales i don't think he's straped for cash. :thumbsup:

Shawn_230 said:
Well I'm not sure how rich her mother is, but old ladies often don't have the penchant (or "ponshon" as Jezza would say) for expensive, quick cars.

But the Paddington Bear is quite famous... she must've gotten a piece of the action.

ahhhhhhh. i forgot about that! She and her husband started the Paddington Bear factory that produced all of those stuffed Paddington bears that you might see. They recently sold it or closed it i think. JC and his Sister both got the first bears as christmas presents so those are worth a lot by them selves.

bartboy9891 said:
does anyone have a picture of his house?

It's in "Who do you think you are?" and it is also in the Top Gear where he drives a Rolls Royce in a swimming pool. The garage he works on it is his garage, you see some of the house outside at some point. And his wife's black land rover in the background, that he mentioned in Top Gear Magazine.