Inside Line: 2014 Chevrolet SS

You know why the people who do those renders work for car magazines instead of car companies? Because their stuff always looks ugly. Never believe a render.
THIS.

I think the render looks fantastic.

A great mark for Chevy then. :p

I've seen plenty of renders that look fantastic. This is not one of them. Obviously the car could (and probably will) look completely different but don't look at the Holden Commodore as what you'll expect to see here because I would be willing to bet any amount of money that the Chevy will look completely different.

I think the render looks fantastic. that IS the new corporate face for Chevrolet, so I wouldn't expect the car to look radically different.

I really hate the way they are doing that shit now. It makes all the vehicles look like each other and blands down the looks.

I really hate the way they are doing that shit now. It makes all the vehicles look like each other and blands down the looks.

I can see the point in the standard line of cars. For example, VW does this. I don't mind if the new Tiguan looks similar to the Jetta which looks similar to the Golf which looks similar to the Passat, but the CC, Touareg and any other highline cars should have their own identity. In Chevrolet terms, the Camaro and the Corvette (and possibly this SS as well) need to develop their own styling bloodlines but the basic Malibus and Traverses and everything else should carry the corporate identity.

Blame Apple, they started the whole corporate design language thing in the first place.