It's Back! Melbourne/Vic Meet - 26th October > Southwest Vic & The Great Ocean Road

Yup, there's a fair liklihood my mate Nessy will bring his fully sick VL Turbo wagon along. Great story behind that car, it was originally non-turbo and Nessy has done all the work himself fitting up a Turbo, RB25 twin cam head, gearbox and computer.

Good fun!

yo guys i may be in. im a new face. my mate would also coem too
me-FG xr6
mate-CL valiant

Wooo, a Valiant. Effing AWESOME!

I didn't want to post until I knew if I could come or not, right now it's not looking too promising :(

Wow, we really are getting a wide variety of cars. Looks like it will be an awesome way to meet other 'car-heads' rather than one-eyed haters at most other cruises (commodore clubs, wrx clubs, etc...)

Anyway i just picked up a handheld two-way to prepare....oh yeah and this:
SSV1.jpg

oooo i cant wait for those twisty roads....

Wooo we all know things in red always seem to go faster :), i doubt my car will be out of this cruise :(, its booked for panel beaters in 2 or so weeks so unless his really lazy and doesn't have room for it until after the cruise i dont see myself coming :(.

Btw mate said he could come and bring his Type R and maybe some other rice burners :p.

Hidden Hunter > Cheers B-) Im happy

Bakis > eheh well its definitely faster than my grey calais was. B-)
Whats your car in the beaters for?

andyhui01 >
Nah, When i ordered (about 3 months ago) the sportswagon wasn't yet available on the company lease. Maybe next year.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm Dan by the way, and I can definitely make it; so can Ross in his Impreza; and we got another recruit - his mate Brendan in a Lancer. We'd all be starting from somewhere in Geelong.

Since I'm meeting my mate before as they aren't too familiar with directions. I'm going to be organizing a Pre Meet for people who aren't familiar with Subaru@Docklands

Finalgear Cruise Northern Suburbs Pre-Meet
Location: Vicroads Carlton Carpark (Lytton Street, Near Corner of Alexandra Parade and Lygon Street).
Time: 815am, We're leaving at 840am at the latest
Picture4.png

Picture3.png

Please post here if you plan on attending

Last edited:
Bakis > eheh well its definitely faster than my grey calais was. B-)
Whats your car in the beaters for?
QUOTE]

Some damage was 'sustained' from original Final Gear Cruise and well i got it back after 1.5 months and was all good... But now both rear quarters, boot, rear bumper and rear driver side doors are coming up with paint faults :(, i got a re quote and panel beater is repaying for the repairs but yh it is still annoying :mad:.

Looks like the turnout should be great!

I just got back from 4 days in Lourne, spent most of my time driving all over the place, some great roads out there! Should be a rocking day!

I have another mate who is most likely in with his RB30ET powered VN :D

Some damage was 'sustained' from original Final Gear Cruise and well i got it back after 1.5 months and was all good... But now both rear quarters, boot, rear bumper and rear driver side doors are coming up with paint faults :(, i got a re quote and panel beater is repaying for the repairs but yh it is still annoying :mad:.

damn that sucks. Yeah, any amount of time without your ride is a PITA. Only makes it worse when its because someone else didn't do their job correctly.

Damn. It's looking like I probably won't be able to make it now. I've just gone for a new job - nothing glamorous, it involves cleaning schools and shops and such. But, most of the work it going to be on weekends, and if / when I get this job I won't want to be looking for time off when I've just started. I'm trying to get into something part time yet permanent so I can afford to go to TAFE next year. I don't know for sure yet - but if I'm put on for the weekend of the 26th I'll have to give the meet a miss. :-(

damn that sucks. Yeah, any amount of time without your ride is a PITA. Only makes it worse when its because someone else didn't do their job correctly.

Yh i know partly my fault, just didn't expect that little grip or expect that much crap on the road :( plus tires weren't up to the job.

Yh i know partly my fault, just didn't expect that little grip or expect that much crap on the road :( plus tires weren't up to the job.

yeah some sections did have quite a lot of grit on the road, I had a similar experience a little later on (but didn't hit anything thankfully)