It's Seriously Time To Get A New SIARPC Car

It's a shame that there aren't any cheap, reasonably priced RWD cars in the market, could make for some interesting laps. :)

It's a shame that there aren't any cheap, reasonably priced RWD cars in the market, could make for some interesting laps. :)
Perhaps they should buy a second hand RWD car? Some years old, doesn't have to be a wreck. I bet you can it even under 10 000?

Last edited:
Well, the Mini is lighter and has a much better chassis. I'm willing to bet the lap times wouldn't go down, even with the 75hp version.

well the lacetti has a top speed of about 120mph and goes from 0-60 in about 10 seconds. the 75bhp mini first has a top speed of 109mph and goes from 0-62 in 13.2 seconds. so i think you would see the top times go down with that.

the cooper however has a top speed of 126mph and goes from 0-62 in 9.1 seconds. so you could see possible increases in lap times with that.

(Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 Ralliart 3-door Hatchback) 147 hp :)shock:), is turbocharged :)shock:), does 0-60 mph in 7.4 s :)shock:), it weighs only 2000 lbs (a whole 600 lbs less than the Lacetti :shock:), and it sot of looks like a mini-van-like Lancer Evo X! :mrgreen:

This thing will be quite a lot quicker than the Lacetti.

and a top speed of 131mph. i have to admit i would love to see some of the celebs in that but isnt it still just a bit too good for SIARPC ?

Last edited:
Am I alone in thinking the new SIARPC car should be the Dacia Sandero?! Yes? Okay then, I'll get me coat.

Actually, about half of the posts in this thread suggested that already. It's also already been pointed out more than once that the Sandero isn't available in the UK.

Actually, about half of the posts in this thread suggested that already. It's also already been pointed out more than once that the Sandero isn't available in the UK.

Right that's me told then! Who pissed on your cornflakes?! I hope you pointed that out to everyone who said the same thing otherwise that's just bullying, that is... :p

lada_kalina.jpg

Fits in Shape, Cheapness and most of all, Awfullness! Just the right thing for Top Gear (We can see more crashs and "What the Hell, WHY WONT IT ENGAGE 3rd GEAR !?!??!!?" :lol: )

Dacia Sandero

just some quick rough specs.

for the 1.6 its a top speed of about 108mph and 0-62 about 11.5 seconds.

for the lada kalina 1.6 its a top speed of roughly 103mph and 0-62 in 13 seconds. so its even slower than the dacia(yes i know its awfulness was your point). :)

its looking like a new reasonably priced car would have to be slower at this rate if its to be around the 10,000 pound mark.

Hyundai Accent in the 3-cylinder diesel version. They spoke so highly of it in 05x09. :p

sorry but who wants to spend 5 minutes ... or more... watching a celeb crawl around the track. ;)

Last edited:
Right that's me told then! Who pissed on your cornflakes?! I hope you pointed that out to everyone who said the same thing otherwise that's just bullying, that is... :p

I do not enjoy cornflakes. And it's more a matter of people not bothering to read a thread before commenting in it, especially one that isn't very long. Of course, this is why I normally stay out of this part of the forums. Some shady folk about.

Clarkson: "Hello, and welcome! Now, with Copenhagen still ringing in the ears of the eco-mentalist public, sending in all sorts of complaints to the BBC, our producers have decided on a compromise for this series.
As you know, we've had the Lacetti for a long time. The stars have broken its gearbox so many times that it's earned disability pay for the rest of its lifetime. So the Lacetti has to go. But now the producers have told us: the Lacetti's replacement must be . . . carbon friendly."

May: "Which, actually, suits us just fine. Because the point of the reasonably priced car is that it should never be a powerhouse, it shouldn't have bling, it should never have anything to suggest the spectacular. That way, when you see a car make the tire wall vibrate, you know it's because of the driver, not the car."

Hammond: "Yeah, and apart from the battery-powered Tesla, which the producers say we can't afford, BBC budget cuts and all, we've never seen a low-carbon-emitting car have any sort of track performance whatsoever."

May: "Except for your radio-controlled G-Whiz."

Hammond: "Which we blew up."

Clarkson: "Yes, so that's out, and the G-Wiz is only suited for people we hate anyway, like Alastair Darling. So, we thought we might try for a Volkswagen Polo BluMotion to replace our Lacetti, but Volkswagen said no because they thought we made their Scirocco diesel look bad. I suggested a BMW diesel, but then the producers insisted that the car had to be . . . (shudder) a hybrid.
Now we've always mocked the Toyota Prius for its lack of performance, for its ability to pollute the environment by its sheer existence, but in many ways it's the perfect candidate for our Lacetti replacement. Which is why . . . it isn't."

Hammond: "No, ladies and gentlement, here it is: the Honda Insight SE. 1.3 litre engine, 87 horsepower, Nought to sixty in 12 seconds and top speed is 113 miles an hour, which is actually slower than the Lacetti. But, it's 101 carbons and 64 miles to the gallon."

I do not enjoy cornflakes. And it's more a matter of people not bothering to read a thread before commenting in it, especially one that isn't very long. Of course, this is why I normally stay out of this part of the forums. Some shady folk about.

Oh get a grip, man. I'm very sorry, okay? How dare I comment on a thread I haven't read, I shall go and flog myself immediately.

You know, there's this wonderful invention called tact, you should try it some time I reckon you might like it more than cornflakes.

Ladies and gentlemen...

I give you...

The Kia Sedona!

800px-Kia_Sedona_LX_SWB.jpg

Guaranteed comedy on every lap!

Think of the spectacle!

Think of the splendour!

Think of the sheer majesty of this mighty beast thundering past the tyre wall!

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen...

I give you...

The Kia Sedona!

800px-Kia_Sedona_LX_SWB.jpg

Guaranteed comedy on every lap!

Think of the spectacle!

Think of the splendour!

Think of the sheer majesty of this mighty beast thundering past the tyre wall!

Think of the field day the Daily Fail will have the first time someone rolls it!

Ladies and gentlemen...

I give you...

The Kia Sedona!

Nah, that's too fast for SIARPC. Trust me, I drove my Mom's Sedona for the first year I had a license... and that thing could really go.

Never even rolled it :cool:

(After 3 months they went to get new tires, the guy asked if they'd been driving it on 2 wheels... I got yelled at for that one :lol:)

Hammond: "No, ladies and gentlement, here it is: the Honda Insight SE. 1.3 litre engine, 87 horsepower, Nought to sixty in 12 seconds and top speed is 113 miles an hour, which is actually slower than the Lacetti. But, it's 101 carbons and 64 miles to the gallon."

Might work. ;)

Oh get a grip, man. I'm very sorry, okay? How dare I comment on a thread I haven't read, I shall go and flog myself immediately.

You know, there's this wonderful invention called tact, you should try it some time I reckon you might like it more than cornflakes.

There's also this wonderful thing called sarcasm. We use it a lot around here. I reckon you might get your feathers ruffled less often if you learn to see it.

And yes, how dare you?!

But I also pointed out that it may be coming next year.

True, but that's besides the point. Whatever it was.

That was the point. ;)