James May's book

"And best of all, it contains absolutely no Jeremy Clarkson" *Hugely smug grin*

Heh, that's great. Looks like the cover that he's holding has a different picture to the one on the book on the right, though.

If you order it from Play.com you can get it before the release date and it's cheaper than amazon. They said mine is coming this week :thumbsup:

I've only got 2 more chapters to read (I got a copy from the publishers bikose of mah website). There was about a 3rd of the book that I hadn't read before, which impressed me. There's some good articles from Scotland On Sunday, and some really old ones from Car magazine. There was only one that I found dated and would have removed (the James Bond one) and would have published the Anti Gastropub story instead.

It is very funny of course. So funny that I was the idiot in Heathrow T1's departure lounge laughing like a hyena yesterday morning :blush: Well worth the money for 87 short tales.

BTW, it's dedicated to Fusker the cat!

Electrastar~Indochine said:
I've only got 2 more chapters to read (I got a copy from the publishers bikose of mah website). There was about a 3rd of the book that I hadn't read before, which impressed me. There's some good articles from Scotland On Sunday, and some really old ones from Car magazine. There was only one that I found dated and would have removed (the James Bond one) and would have published the Anti Gastropub story instead.

It is very funny of course. So funny that I was the idiot in Heathrow T1's departure lounge laughing like a hyena yesterday morning :blush: Well worth the money for 87 short tales.

BTW, it's dedicated to Fusker the cat!

You run a James May fansite and get a free copy?!

*runs off to register www.jamesmay.tk, www.clarksonfanclub.tk and www.hammonddentalpractise.tk*

Sorry to bump [and double post, albeit with a fortnight's gap], but there's a competition on the Daily Telegraph's website to win a signed copy of the book.

Linky dink

You have to answer the question "For which supremely entertaining and informative national newspaper section does James May write an amusing Saturday column (which as of next week will appear in glorious colour on the back page)?" [clue - read my post again], and also answer the tie breaker "Tie-breaker: ''I want James May in my lavatory because?" [in 10 words or less].

Then send all that on a postcard to the address on the website. Good luck, I've entered.

Just ordered this, and jezza's new book on paperback.... had to get it from the UK, but oh well - should be worth it!

^It is worth it .

James book is good because you can keep dipping into it easily whenever you want, but I haven't read Jeremy's new one.

*Bumpy.

For the UK peeps, this book is free in this months TG mag.

The downside?... You have to buy the TG mag. :D