Lazy Mercedes-Benz owner

Zuhaib

Car(s)
19 BMW X3
I got this E-Mail from my dealer and I just did not know what to say....

I dont know what to say =\ Maybe I should take a video of how hard it is to set the clock on the S500.

Well, many well-to-do people and technologically disinclined people would rather not mess with it I'd imagine, so not a bad idea. Plus, they can check your car for needing $$ stuff. ;)

I dont know what to say =\ Maybe I should take a video of how hard it is to set the clock on the S500.

Yes, please do! I'd love to know why a dealer would need to do such a thing...

What, it doesn't do it automatically? What are you Benz owners paying through the nose for, anyway?! :eek:

Right, if you own a mercedes, especially an s class, you should know how to change to clock on it.

I guess its another reason not to upgrade from my 1998 E55.

Come on....its a money grab by the dealers.

"Oh, we noticed when we set the hour ahead that your rotors look uneven, and your differential is due for a check up." Your 'free' clock change turns into a $3000 service.

What, it doesn't do it automatically? What are you Benz owners paying through the nose for, anyway?! :eek:

Actually, come to think of it, mine does change automatically. I remember seeing something to that effect whilst flicking through the menus on the screen. And since his is an S, it must certainly have an auto change too, no? Perhaps they sent the because the daylight savings dates are on a rolling basis..

Actually, come to think of it, mine does change automatically. I remember seeing something to that effect whilst flicking through the menus on the screen. And since his is an S, it must certainly have an auto change too, no? Perhaps they sent the because the daylight savings dates are on a rolling basis..

Maybe they intend to update the firmware to account for the changed DST dates? I somehow doubt it, but it's possible.

WE GOT ONE OF THOSE AS WELL! Well, it was in card format via the mail well ahead of the last DST changes. I just couldn't believe it! I mean c'mon...

And if you've got a S500, you've got sat nav. And if you've got sat nav, it should adjust automatically because it knows its DST. We have an E280 and it has sat nav. It adjusted itself in the last change a few months ago. Funny thing is, the analogue clock on the dash can only go forward in time, not backward. So to go 1-hour behind, it actually has to go 23hrs forward haha. Takes a couple mins obviously and provides an awesome excuse to crash lol.

Actually I've just come to the conclusion that the Merc mailout was directed at one person, only. What kind of a person would have enough brains to make sufficient money to buy a Merc, and not have enough intelligence to change the car's clock? One must therefore assume that the mailout was intended for Paris Hilton.

I'm surprised that Merc hasn't made their clock update automatically from the Atomic Clock or using a cell phone signal.

[YOUTUBE]Wz7TndJ-_d8[/YOUTUBE]

Here is the video on how to set the time (well actually DST) on an S500. And to note, the time was not auto set as some said. I think i got a an E-Mail last year saying its something to do with the change in the date for DST in the US.

Here is the video on how to set the time (well actually DST) on an S500. And to note, the time was not auto set as some said. I think i got a an E-Mail last year saying its something to do with the change in the date for DST in the US.

Yeah, we aren't using the "normal" date. Earliest date since like 1970 or some BS.