Lens Flair

Epp, tell those silly dirt bikers to stop flying, they aren't birds. :mad:

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2010/07/25/CRW_7226p.jpg

Holy son-of-a-biscuit-box, how I did I miss that? :eek: That is some excellent architectural photography and probably the best you've ever posted here!

Another shot from home: Still Sigma 10-20 at f8

P6235320.jpg

nice set lastsoul.. i only managed to watch laajavuori 2, from the worst spot for photography ever..

Holy son-of-a-biscuit-box, how I did I miss that? :eek: That is some excellent architectural photography and probably the best you've ever posted here!

that's what im saying. great image. that's why ive become intrigued as to how i can start creating some images that resemble this for myself. :D

that's what im saying. great image. that's why ive become intrigued as to how i can start creating some images that resemble this for myself. :D

I recently read an article in a photo magazine about stichting together vertical and horizontal panoramics like that. Ideally you want a specially designed tripod mount that rotates the camera around some unseen 'optical focal center' thats in front of the camera lens I believe, that way you can take your shots around that fixed axis of rotation with minimal distortion or misalignment of details at the edges/overlap zones of each shot you want to stich together.

Or you can just do it handheld and clean up any misalignment in photoshop ;) The only time you really run into parallax issues with handheld panoramas is in tight spaces anyways.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/4847734529_647db403f4_b.jpg

neat.

Or you can just do it handheld and clean up any misalignment in photoshop ;) The only time you really run into parallax issues with handheld panoramas is in tight spaces anyways.

Exactly, and that church interior counts as one of those tight spaces.

Not really, 20+ metres from side to side with nothing in frame being any closer than that isn't tight at all and won't cause parallax misalignment by rotating a camera around you while not moving your feet. By tight spaces I mean like a room in a house where you need ultra-wide angleness to capture even a decent amount of the room. And that one is the Minnesota Capitol, not a church, just for clarification.

^that's really spooky

neat.

yeah ive known of the gigapan for a long time now, its quite pricey but i presumed which it seems i was correct, that this was done hand held. very good job indeed...is there any advice you can provide as to how i can obtain such good results? thanks

Last edited:
^Very cool.^

Thank you :)

15mins to midnight, and I am passing out from a day in a bush being killed slowly by spiders, so I'll jump the gun and post up the pic I wanted to post tomorrow. This is from early afternoon today.

http://img85.imageshack.**/img85/9514/dsc3510edit.jpg