Maserati Alfieri revealed at Geneva Motor Show

McRae

Holy tits on a sandwich!

maserati_alfieri_0.jpg

maserati_alfieri_2.jpg

Maserati has the Jaguar F-Type in its sights if the stunning Alfieri sports car concept is anything to go by

Maserati has unveiled the first surprise of the Geneva Motor Show ? the Alfieri concept car, which previews a future 2+2 Maserati sports car.

Named after one of the founders of Maserati, the Alfieri was introduced to Geneva Motor Show crowds by CEO Harald Wester, who proclaimed it ?the future of Maserati.? It remains a concept but Wester said: ?We are currently considering whether this car could be put in to production.?

Wester envisions the Alfieri not as a replacement for the GranTurismo but as an additional model in the Maserati line-up. ?It?s a completely different proposition ? the Alfieri is not a GT, it?s the perfect size 2+2 sports car that could complete the Maserati range.?

It?s based on a shortened version of the GranTurismo MC Stradale platform ? about 24cm shorter ? and is powered by the same 4.7-litre naturally aspirated V8 as that car. It develops 460bhp and is hooked up to a six-speed automatic gearbox.

?The Alfieri is a transition point between 100 glorious years of history and the future that is opening up before us. I can?t honestly say that we?ll see this car in production in the next two years, but I?m certain we?ll see something very similar,? said Head of Design at Fiat Group, Lorenzo Ramaciotti.

The interior carries on current Maserati themes of clean, luxurious design featuring a suspended dashboard based around a central touchscreen. The traditional instruments have also been replaced by a TFT display.

Maserati is aiming to sell 50,000 cars a year by 2015 through its recently introduced Quattroporte and Ghibli models ? both of which comes with a sales-friendly diesel engine. An SUV is on the way, too, which should help the ambitious sales target ? after all, Maserati sold just over 6,000 cars in 2012.

The production version of the Alfieri isn?t likely to arrive in 2015 but once Maserati has established its current line-up and the Kubang SUV during 2015, the Italian firm can turn its attention to the Alfieri. With that in mind, expect it to be on sale in 2016.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/maserati/granturismo/86005/maserati-alfieri-sports-car-concept-revealed

Damn, that's one nice motor.

b-e-a-utiful. Only thing that bothers me is the length of the front overhang. And the 6-speed automatic is a bit outdated, no matter how well it's calibrated.

If they build it, I will cum.

More details and a nice gallery here.

Last edited:
Want x2. It just needs quad-pipes to become perfect.

I'd love to be in the extremely unlikely situation where I have to decide between this and the F-Type.

b-e-a-utiful. Only thing that bothers me is the length of the front overhang. And the 6-speed automatic is a bit outdated, no matter how well it's calibrated.
It's not an automatic. It's a rear-mounted robotized manual gearbox, the same exact gearbox I have in mine, in fact.

Both the platform, the engine and the gearbox in the concept do not reflect what will be used in the production version, anyway.

Naturally aspirated Ferrari V8 fuck me yes Maser I love you.

I'm not entirely a fan of the new slitty headlights and gaping intake. I also think the bootline is a little high. I suspect that given some more photographs and time, the design will grow on me, but my initial impressions were a bit meh.

Both the platform, the engine and the gearbox in the concept do not reflect what will be used in the production version, anyway.

So I'm guessing Ghibli platform, 8-speed ZF like in the Ghibli, the Maserati 3.0 V6TT and maybe the California 3.8 V8TT for the top of the range model?

Would match what Jaguar has in the F-type pretty well.

It would be the Quattroporte 3.8 V8TT, but other than that, yours is a pretty reasonable guess. Although the platform could also be a new one.

I think it's gorgeous. I am very confused by the translucent blue detailing on the wheels. It makes the pictures look fake? And the cost for hitting a curb just went up tremendously if those make it to production.

maserati_alfieri_0.jpg

mercedes-amg-vision-gran-turismo.jpg