Mass Effect 3

You do realise that KOTOR2 was made by Obsidian, right?

And that plays into the feeling ME3 leaves me with how exactly...?

Played some multiplayer today now that I've bought the game, and it's good.

I actually like the MP a lot. Rewards actual teamwork and I've found engineers and adepts are just outright fun to play.
There's also Operation Goliath this weekend so a chance to grab some freebies by just taking down brutes.

Er... I probably misread that a bit but just that you're comparing ME3's ending to KOTOR2 which had nothing to do with EA let alone Bioware.

ninjaedit: I didn't even play KOTOR2 so none of it made sense to me! :unsure:

Last edited:
I couldn't even bring myself to complete KOTOR 2. Very little of it made sense to me.

Er... I probably misread that a bit but just that you're comparing ME3's ending to KOTOR2 which had nothing to do with EA let alone Bioware.

ninjaedit: I didn't even play KOTOR2 so none of it made sense to me! :unsure:

Kotor2 was a great game up until the 60% mark when suddenly it all went downhill extremely fast and you were left with basically one ending that disregarded all your previous actions because the publisher said that the game must be finished by the set deadline. And when disappointed fans discovered that the game had entire planets worth of quests, tons of pre-recorded dialogue and about eight endings cut from the game it stirred up a bit of a fecal storm.

If Bioware bundles the real endings with a DLC we're not far off KOTOR2. Trivia: Raphael Sbarge voices both Carth and Kaidan.

Last edited:
Yeah, LucasArts said, "Finish by Christmas". A whole planet was cut out!

Absolutely hate those money grubbing publishers.

Trivia: Raphael Sbarge voices both Carth and Kaidan.

And Jennifer Hale did Bastila and FemShep. And Courtney Taylor did Juhani and Jack. And April Stewart did Nelyna (ME1) and ... someone in KOTOR 2.

Okay, I'll fess up, I'm just perusing IMDB now. :lol:

Wow. Some of the 360 players are dicks. This one guy, a full grown adult, goes nuts on me before the Silver/Reaper match starts. "We're not going to win because of you! You don't have the equipment to win. Your shitty Avenger 5 sucks and the Widow is too slow! You probably can't even aim it. Guys, lets just boot this kid."

The 3 of us moved to kick him, picked up a different guy, and got full extraction. Man... that felt good.

Wow. Some of the 360 players are dicks. This one guy, a full grown adult, goes nuts on me before the Silver/Reaper match starts. "We're not going to win because of you! You don't have the equipment to win. Your shitty Avenger 5 sucks and the Widow is too slow! You probably can't even aim it. Guys, lets just boot this kid."

The 3 of us moved to kick him, picked up a different guy, and got full extraction. Man... that felt good.
True, had a few today who thought they were playing Call of Duty and did their lone wolf bits and then complained when we failed group tasks.
Also after playing some ME1 I had some thoughts about the ending of ME3.
during the scene where Shepard talks with sovereign on Virmire. Sovereign states that the mass relays were constructed by the reapers so that the civilizations of the galaxy would follow the same path each cycle. So I couldn't help but think that the meaning of the end of the mass relays were so that the civilizations would all follow their own paths, not one controlled by the reapers.
It's reaching for long straws and it would be far easier to just go with the indoctrination theory and that it was all just a funny dream.

So I couldn't help but think that the meaning of the end of the mass relays were so that the civilizations would all follow their own paths, not one controlled by the reapers.

That's how interpreted the fact that every ending had the relays being destroyed - if the cycle is to be broken and a new path taken, then the civilisations of the galaxy will have to really find that path on their own.
As a symbol, it makes sense, but it doesn't make the actual implications about the state of the galaxy any better. The codex quite clearly says that the majority of the galaxy is not even explored, since there are only relatively few populated systems spread around the mass relays all over the galaxy.
And it's also quite clearly established that "conventional" FTL drive is practically incapable of bridging these distances. For an idea of scale, an estimate from the game speaks of a dozen lightyears per day with conventional FTL. The milky way is around 100.000 lightyears in diameter. So to go from one end to the other - which is pretty much what the Quarian fleet would have to do - would take almost 23 years. Which is not that bad, if they really wanted to, they could probably do that. But while returning home could perhaps be seen as somewhat possible, it would still leave the civilisations of the galaxy effectively isolated from each other.

Last edited:
That's how interpreted the fact that every ending had the relays being destroyed - if the cycle is to be broken and a new path taken, then the civilisations of the galaxy will have to really find that path on their own.
As a symbol, it makes sense, but it doesn't make the actual implications about the state of the galaxy any better. The codex quite clearly says that the majority of the galaxy is not even explored, since there are only relatively few populated systems spread around the mass relays all over the galaxy.
And it's also quite clearly established that "conventional" FTL drive is practically incapable of bridging these distances. For an idea of scale, an estimate from the game speaks of a dozen lightyears per day with conventional FTL. The milky way is around 100.000 lightyears in diameter. So to go from one end to the other - which is pretty much what the Quarian fleet would have to do - would take almost 23 years. Which is not that bad, if they really wanted to, they could probably do that. But while returning home could perhaps be seen as somewhat possible, it would still leave the civilisations of the galaxy effectively isolated from each other.

Isolated at first, but not for long. Protheans were able to replicate a mass relay, albeit at a smaller scale, to construct the Conduit that led from Ilos to the Citadel. Asari said in ME3 that they too were close to creating their own mass relays with help of their Prothean technology cache. I'd say that galactic civilizations are capable of reconstructing the mass relay network in the foreseeable future - development of the technology just wasn't a priority before, because the existing network wasn't going anywhere; that's definitely changed now.

during the scene where Shepard talks with sovereign on Virmire. Sovereign states that the mass relays were constructed by the reapers so that the civilizations of the galaxy would follow the same path each cycle. So I couldn't help but think that the meaning of the end of the mass relays were so that the civilizations would all follow their own paths, not one controlled by the reapers.
It's reaching for long straws and it would be far easier to just go with the indoctrination theory and that it was all just a funny dream.

Isolated at first, but not for long. Protheans were able to replicate a mass relay, albeit at a smaller scale, to construct the Conduit that led from Ilos to the Citadel. Asari said in ME3 that they too were close to creating their own mass relays with help of their Prothean technology cache. I'd say that galactic civilizations are capable of reconstructing the mass relay network in the foreseeable future - development of the technology just wasn't a priority before, because the existing network wasn't going anywhere; that's definitely changed now.

In that case, it's not too bad an ending, story-wise. After the Reapers are dealt with, the aliens on Earth travel to their respective homes (taking far less than 23 years to reach home because most species are concentrated in one third of the galaxy) to begin rebuilding their worlds and working on building new relays, knowing full well where the other species' home planets are, with the exception of the Normandy, which crash landed by itself in who knows what place of the galaxy and without the means to extricate themselves.

Of course, I still think the indoctrination makes more sense...

Hi! You're probably thinking, by the size of the spoiler box, that this is something long and insighful about the ME3 ending.

No, it isn't. I'm just having some fun.

images.jpg

dick :p

See more on Know Your Meme

Is nao meme! Also someone filed a complaint about the ending to Federal Trade Commission. :lol:

uIkWJ.jpg

Last edited:
You guys probably seen it already but yeah, jokes are starting to pop up much like "arrow to the knee"

still-a-better-ending-than-mass-effect-3.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.**/img51/6121/shepme3.jpg
Spoiler'd this cos maybe someone wants to be kept from the possible colors of the explosions

13a.jpg

lmao