MLB '10 Postseason Thread

Why does SF Baseball Offends you?! Well Look like you got want you wanted because the Giants are in the NLCS. Now we just need our bats to come to life and score 2 or 3 runs and we can wrap this up in 5 games I think.

Also the thread is dead because both the Red Sox and Cubs are out of the playoffs, which has me very happy. Now the Rangers just need to knock the Yankees out.

Apparently both teams switched the #2 and #3 starters from the previous round. Looks like I'll be seeing Oswalt vs Cain when the Phils come to town on Tues :D

Why does SF Baseball Offends you?! Well Look like you got want you wanted because the Giants are in the NLCS. Now we just need our bats to come to life and score 2 or 3 runs and we can wrap this up in 5 games I think.
Where the hell have you been, man!?!

Anyway, I said Giants baseball offends me because while I love pitchers' duels, I hate the thought of depending entirely on ridiculous pitching to win games. You said it yourself: Bats coming to life = 2 or 3 runs. In the end, you can't rely on that little production from a lineup. Every once in a while, lightning strikes and a few guys put it together for a year and help you squeak by, but... Torres, Sanchez, Huff, Burrell, Uribe..... yeah. :p

I'm surprised you're so optimistic; I think the Giants are running into a massive buzzsaw. :p

Last edited:
You might be right but when you have such dominate pitching from your 1, 2 and 3 day starter you love it. I mean Cain would be a #1 in just about any other pitching roatation but he is bumped by a two time cy young winner. And Sanchez has #1 stuff, just maybe not the head yet. Also 2-3 run is good enough for this lineup, hell if anything I have seen them blow larger leads and hold tighter ones. That is why its called Giants baseball, Torture.

As for the buzzsaw comment, maybe but our pitching matches up well again Philly. I forget the numbers but the last time the Giants face Halliday we knocked him around pretty well. And Sanchez has good numbers against Philly, a 1.38 ERA in two games both wins this year. What I could see happen is giants losing 0-1 because we cant hit at all, but far from a buzzsaw.

Let's break down the previous meetings:

Apr 26-28 @ SF
Giants win 5-1, Halladay's fifth start of the season. Sanchez with the win.
Giants win 6-2. Against Jamie Moyer. Wellemeyer with the win.
Phils win 7-6. Giants take a 3 run lead on Hamels, then blow it in the 9th to eventually lose in 11.

Aug 17-19 @ Philly
Phils win 9-3. Oswalt over Zito.
Phils win 8-2. Blanton over Cain. BLANTON.
Giants win 5-2. Sanchez over Hamels.

The first 3 meetings were without Jimmy Rollins. The last 3 meetings were without Ryan Howard. But you really can't make any judgements based on these games; the sample size is small, and the regular season isn't really the same as the postseason. In my mind, the pitching is fairly evenly matched, although I would give a slight edge to Philly for allowing 4 runs with 2 shutouts to sweep the highest-scoring team in the NL while scoring 13 runs. The Giants allowed 9 runs in 4 games to the Braves, while scoring 11. The offense will make all the difference here. San Francisco has a barely average offense, while Philadelphia, even while missing Utley, Howard, Rollins, Victorino, and Polanco for much of the season, have one of the best offenses.

Phils in 5.

Buzzsaw?

Really, zuhaib? Really? :p

If you win tonight, you can start getting cocky, but it's a 7 game series. Cody freaking Ross isn't going to hit 2 HRs every night. Great game though. :D

I'm conflicted when it come to TEX/NY. I want Woody to finally get a ring, but I do love me a former druggie, now grade-A badass happy ending...

Hamilton is an absolute monster...

Also, while digging around in my closet and organizing/throwing crap out, I uncovered two unopened boxes of Topps 2005 Rookie Cup baseball cards. I'm going to break one open tonight for old times' sake and pray it's not a complete waste. :p

Fuckin' Yankees...foul = homerun for them. Not to mention that fat ass yankee fan pushing away the outfielder's glove when he was trying to catch that foul (homerun) ball.

I may have spoken too soon about the whole Ross thing. The guy is pretty locked in, unlike Philly's bats.

And if I hear one more fucking awful Matt Cain pun...

Fuckin' Yankees...foul = homerun for them. Not to mention that fat ass yankee fan pushing away the outfielder's glove when he was trying to catch that foul (homerun) ball.
I missed it. Was it Cano's HR?

That clown in the outfield should be ejected from the game same for the guy who blocked Alex from catching that foul(I'm fair for both side).

Texas has the yanks pitchers number all 4 games. Also other then that 8th inning and maybe 2 innings from tonight its almost like we are playing a farm team not the defending world series champs.

Last edited:
I missed it. Was it Cano's HR?

IIRC, it was Yankee's first score/HR of the game, not sure who the batter was. (Don't really follow MLB too much since my home team, the Royals, suck donkey balls, but since I'm in the Dallas for the moment and I detest the Yankees (because who doesn't? hehe) I've been following the Rangers ALCS progress lately). Loved the 2nd game though....effing 8-0 shutout.

That clown in the outfield should be ejected from the game same for the guy who blocked Alex from catching that foul(I'm fair for both side).

Texas has the yanks pitchers number all 4 games. Also other then that 8th inning and maybe 2 innings from tonight its almost like we are playing a farm team not the defending world series champs.

Agreed. Fans can become an issue as it probably has been in the past. Of course problem is even if you eject one jackass another will take his/her place immediately. Maybe they just need to build a wider wall to keep fans away.

I know most sports tickets on the back state if you interfear with the play of game you will be removed. But true most of the people along the wall would do the same thing. Yes it was Canu's homerun.

I know most sports tickets on the back state if you interfear with the play of game you will be removed. But true most of the people along the wall would do the same thing. Yes it was Canu's homerun.

Yeah, the only thing that I can think of that will actually get fans ejected would be if they severely interfered as in the classic running onto the field stunt.

LOL @ Yankees again, Rangers rally 5 runs to be up 7-3 going into the 8th inning. But pretty ugly pitching from both teams tonight though.