MLB '10 Regular Season Thread

Getting really hyped for draft day!! Haven't been in a baseball pool since 2004.

lineup.jpg

My lineup in the department league at work. 10 teams, draft was last night. Brian McCann got some ridicule, but I think he's a good pick this year. Joe Nathan was a terrible choice, though, since I forgot he was having Tommy John surgery.

Last edited:
You got crap for McCann? He's solid. He hit .281 last year and knocked in 94 runs, how's that not good?

I would say to drop Abreu quickly, but he is the perfect fantasy player. All his numbers are meaningless for his team, his numbers are only benefitting him. If the league were based on value-to-team he would be at the bottom of the list. bleh

You got crap for McCann? He's solid. He hit .281 last year and knocked in 94 runs, how's that not good?
People are still stuck on his vision drama from last year.

I would say to drop Abreu quickly, but he is the perfect fantasy player. All his numbers are meaningless for his team, his numbers are only benefitting him. If the league were based on value-to-team he would be at the bottom of the list. bleh
Agree completely on being the perfect fantasy player, but worthless in the real league. He's hardly the worst fielder I have, at any rate.

Looks like Tyler Colvin's monstrous spring earned him a spot on the roster. I hope he actually gets some at bats.

Anyway, I finally got around to hanging my sports propaganda print this week:

http://img163.imageshack.**/img163/5376/066yp.jpg

I also stumbled upon one of my favorite shirts at the bottom of a box:

http://img94.imageshack.**/img94/9650/067pv.jpg

I embrace it, bitches. :p

If anyone else has MLBN, you can check out today's outing from Dempster in just under an hour: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 SO, 0 HR.

Last edited:
Draft in 27 hours!

Here's to not picking anyone who's been recently surgerized.

Dont know if I'll make it to the live draft, unfortnately. I'll be setting up my autopicks all day tomorrow.

Just bumping this, letting people know we're under 4 hours until the draft, and less then 5 days till the season! :D

So my Jays roughed up Halladay in a Spring training game today, dunno whether to feel happy or sad. Tried making myself happy and sad at the same time, but that didn't really work out.

So my Jays roughed up Halladay in a Spring training game today, dunno whether to feel happy or sad. Tried making myself happy and sad at the same time, but that didn't really work out.
Looks like he was just attempting to really locate his pitches and got knocked around early, I wouldn't worry about it.

MLB.com completely revamped their scoreboard page. :)

Should be in a chat channel while doing this draft. #gear okay with everyone?

Should be in a chat channel while doing this draft. #gear okay with everyone?
We can actually chat in the draft room. If you want to go on irc, let me warn the guys of the impending baseball talk; most of them despise it. (We all have flaws.) :p

#gear will get too cluttered, I say we just chat in the war draft room.

Okay, didn't know we could chat in the draftroom. See you guys in a few minutes.

How do we get into the draft? Will a button appear once we get closer to 9:30? I think Yahoo used to let you in an hour before the draft maybe.