MX5/Miata Thread

MX5/Miata Thread

• Total voters
We'll see. I usually don't go out to track events just for the hell of it. Makes me depressed. :\

But if someone wants to hire a coach for the weekend I'll get out there bright and early.

I believe they're looking for instructors...go register and give it a shot.

My roommate and Dustin's friend is going for free, because he's going as a vendor. :D

I believe they're looking for instructors...go register and give it a shot.

My roommate and Dustin's friend is going for free, because he's going as a vendor. :D

I think Sonny and I are gonna have to have a conversation ;)

Mmm, sometimes I feel like I'm doing it very wrong when I've FWD as a winter car and low powered RWD as a summer car.

Meanwhile, just got my wishbones sandblasted and primed with pretty heavy paint. I should have 100% surface rust free MX-5 at the summer. And I just received Energy Suspension PU-bushings and ordered BC Racing coilovers. \o/

Installing a Miata suspension blows.

You know that little knuckle bolt, the really short one? (#4 in the picture below.) It's a pain enough to take off. But getting it back on, with a floppy dick-fucknuckle tongue-shaped thingy that won't get aligned to the bolt on top, is painful enough to make even the Marquis de Sade call the police.

P230411_1536.jpg

Mazdaspeed suspension bolted and tightened from the top. Installation is the reverse of assembly, so the hidden bolt goes in first. Miata guys with aftermarket suspensions, what's your trick for getting the shorty bolt back in? (Without setting your car on fire.)

I use a long screwdriver and insert it into #2 to align it. Then #4 should easily go in.

IIRC I used a hydraulic jack with a block of wood on the pad under the brake rotor and then did some shimmying. IIRC I got #2 snugged down.

Had I seen this pic when you called me I think I would have been able to come to that conclusion a lot faster. I haven't touched my front suspension in over a year.

I fought with that bolt over an hour when I replaced the balljoint. Tightening wasn't a problem, but it took ages to open that bolt in the first place.

Yeah, it's a pretty tiny spot.. Shouting vugarities always helped when I needed to undo things

Never mind, figured it out. Now onto the rear one (and time to cut some more end links out).

Aaaaaand there we go! The level of difficulty for the rear is absurdly low compared to the fronts. Looking to get a new set of sway bars as well; there are still nubs of end link residue stuck to the stock ones in back. New England rust is the most powerful force in the universe.

A Flyin' Miata set is on the top of my list. Actually, that list only has one item on it, so far.

I had Flyin Miata sways on my old 97 and they are great. Highly recommended.

I thought you guys would like this shirt:

anV1j.jpg

Want...Want...Want...WANT!