My wife's new car: 1988 Suzuki Swift

for an old car that thing looks remarkably clean, its gleaming in those pics.

should be a reliable ride as well, all the suzuki's we've had in the family never put a foot wrong ever.

although it would be a shame to ruin that cleanliness looks like a great car for someone who isnt too sure on the roads, if she bumps n scrapes it its gonna be a cheap fix.

When i testdrove it didn't feel lazy, so it shouldn't be a problem. And if it were lazy, it's not like it's the end of the world, just rev the hell out of it as soon as it's properly warmed up, and it'll be nice and perky before you know it.

@Beni: It's my dad's 262 Bertone

Hey! That's a good looking car!

It would be a lot faster and have better fuel economy on a manual. But it's still not bad since it doesn't weight very much.

Went out and shot some pictures of the wife's Suzuki. I drove it for most of last week (own car broken down FTL), and it's astonishingly fast. It does 0-100 in around 12 seconds, which really isn't bad for a car like this. But 67hp in only 720kg goes a long way. As these images show, it's in near new condition, and it feels like that when driving.

Interior shots will follow shortly.

:lol: I look at the car and think, "what a great car for winter!" low power plus skinny tires means it will cleave through snow with ease.

well, i didn't mean the "astonishingly fast" bit in an absolute sense, but in a more relative sense. You don't expect such an old, small car to be that quick.

(And those are 145er tyres on 12 inch rims)

Getting some nice hub caps would really improve the look of it too.