No sound on youtube

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
Recently I have gotten this strange problem, for no apparent reason the sound on streaming videos dies. Not during playback, but between songs so to speak.

Last night I was watching some videos and everything worked perfectly, I closed the tab, but let the window stay open all night, this morning I opened youtube in a new tab, start a video and there is no sound.

If I restart the browser, the sound is back. The computer does not go mute when the browser does, because I am able to listen to mp3s for example.

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.17.

Why wouldn't you get 3.0.3?

I used to have the same problem if you have many tabs open (20+ or so), the latest ones (last opened) don't have sound on youtube, while the other ones have.

The only cure Ive found is closing all tabs, and restarting the browser

this is getting really frustrating, now sound disappears in Firefox more often than not, and youtube videos stop after 2 seconds. WTF!! I have the latest version, and both sound and youtube works perfectly in IE.

Point Explorer to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and copy the .dll there (it's named something like WPSWF32.dll) to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins.

I had the same problem today. Your solution fixed it, thanks, chaos.

Heh, I started getting the same problem, but chaos386 solution won't work since I use Linux...