Parking an MT on any incline: how do you do it?

Parking an MT on any incline: how do you do it?

• Total voters
Nope. Go hop on a 10 speed bike and you'll figure it out real fast. You always start with the smallest gear on the front and largest out back and as you go faster you go to the big one up front and the small one out back.

Where the shorter gear is easier to get the engine to pull the car, when trying to push the car to drive the engine, that gear now seems tall.

Yeah. Also, its much easier to push start a car (using the intertia of the car to turn the engine over while the ignition is on) in 2nd gear. Me and "airmenair" know quite alot about that...

Nope. Go hop on a 10 speed bike and you'll figure it out real fast. You always start with the smallest gear on the front and largest out back and as you go faster you go to the big one up front and the small one out back.

Where the shorter gear is easier to get the engine to pull the car, when trying to push the car to drive the engine, that gear now seems tall.

oh duh i get it. the 10spd analogy made it real clear

I had a dumbass colleague who NEVER EVER used her parking brake.
She just always put the car in gear and left. Even on inclines and shit

I told her : what if someone hits your car when parking? And when you're being towed, all your gearbox and engine will be fuxord.

She said : well my husband is a mechanic and he knows what he's doing so I don't believe you.

That's one mechanic I don't want working on my car, thats for sure.

as to the poll : always brake first, then in gear just to be on the safe side. I only do it on really steep hills though, on a normal road the e brake is good enough for me