No 56k: Post Your Desktop!

9cb5I.jpg

Imgur scaled it, normally 5760x1080.

Last edited:
That reminds me, I need to do a reproduction of the one from my book.

BRB, I guess?

http://img834.imageshack.**/img834/8748/wallc.jpg

Last edited:
My second monitor was beginning to seem a bit useless, I got rainmeter and did some stuff.

second2.png

EDIT: Looking at this I realized I had FF just a bit too far to the right, all fixed now.

EDIT2: Added a GPU monitor.

Last edited:
So uh..yeah, wallpaper and whatever that plane thing is please.

Xn36.jpg

And the plane is just an .png icon opened with rainmeter. The number by the plane is a Gmail config. Its a bit messy :D, but you'll figure it out. Just fill the User and Password field . . .

Code:
[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
@include=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Fonts.inc

[Variables]
User=
Password=
FontColor=255, 255, 255, 200
FontColor2=255, 0, 0, 50
FontName1=Helvetica
FontName2=Helvetica
FontHeight1=50
Bold1=1
AntiAlias=1
@include=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Default.inc

; -------------------------

[MeasureGmail]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=https://#User#:#Password#@gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom
RegExp="(?siU)<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>"
Codepage=0
Download=1
UpdateRate=60
StringIndex=4

[MeasureNumber]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=[MeasureGmail]
StringIndex=1
UpdateRate=1

;[Background]
;Meter=IMAGE
;ImageName=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Images\20d_w01.png
;SolidColor=0,0,0,255
;W=209
;H=127
;X=0
;Y=0

[Number]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureNumber
X=134
Y=62
H=150
W=200
FontColor=#Color3#
FontFace=#LocalFontFace#
FontSize=30
StringAlign=RIGHT
StringStyle=Bold
FontEffectColor=0, 0, 0, 100
AntiAlias=1
Text="%1"
AntiAlias=1
AutoScale=1
NumOfDecimals=0

[title]
x=0
y=65
Meter=STRING
FontColor=#Color1#
FontFace=#LocalFontFace#
FontSize=30
StringAlign=LEFT
StringStyle=Normal
AntiAlias=1
Text=""

I have removed Safari from my desktop this time round, as I got shit for having it the last time :p
2v2bio5.jpg

Why do people even need icons on their dekstops anymore... everything can be had in the taskbar/dock nowdays. You don't even see the desktop most of the time....

I agree. But why do you have so much stuff in your dock? Or the dock visible at all?

kuRWx.jpg

I have the dock visible at all times, and it's just stuff that i need (this is both my play and work machine).

I only have the dock visible on mouse-over, because usually I've got to move the mouse to the dock anyways to click on whatever program I need. :p What I have on there is actually fairly bare-bones, but it's the stuff I use all the time:

ScreenShot2011-12-31at45151AM.png

(I never actually use iCal, I just have it there for reference when I forget what day it is.)

I click on the dock A LOT, and i always hated the hiding dock/taskbar on any OS. That's why i prefer it to be on top. I also have icon magnification disabled, because it just bothers me. :)

the whole desktop needs to be clean thing is fine, but i have several folders, links and apps i want access to and no dock is big enough, and my start page is full as well, the desktop is there to be used, I rarely look at it and when i do i need to open something, i won't dock 5 network folders because it makes my desktop look cleaner :/