Scientology: Your days are numbered.

The difference here is not how they protested but what they were fighting for. You can't compare getting a country, or even a whole race of people it's freedom to shutting down some church most people don't even know enough about to care.

On top of that how are you going to, "liberate," all these followers who don't want to be helped. They are happy with their religion, but your telling them it's a scam, it's a cult. Bit of a slap in the face for them. I know if some one insulted me like that it sure wouldn't persuade me to their side. And don't get me started on this Anonymous group. I know you guys aren't involved in it but what a cowardly way to fight someone, behind the protection of the internet. If anything they will set back your cause. What did they hope to accomplish by sending white powder to everyone or shutting down a server?

So you really don't see any problem with a cult that cheats, kills and does more and more criminal activities every day, including shamelessly takes advantage of the US court system, just to make more money? The Church of Scientology is a cancer and it can be compared to Muslim extremists.

Muslims shut you up bu blowing a bomb next to you, SoC shuts you up by killing you in you'r sleep or they take you to court, because you don't agree with them, and put you in jail. If the judge is a member of the cult, you don't have a hope in hell to win.

I completely support anyone who is against Scientology, the people who belong in that cult are too stupid to realize their mistakes and it is the obligation of the rest of us to help them. Period. Stop it please before it reaches Finland. :p

The whole idea here is that we're not against believing in Scientology, people can believe in what ever. We're against the huge organization behind it that profits from the misery of other, kills, lies, destroys.

really, if you don't get 'why' you should educate yourself on the matter.

[

I get what is wrong with scientology, and for that matter with every organization behind a religion.
I just want to know what are you trying to achieve with the protests - baning them from your country or just raise awareness?
And just to make myself clear - i i REALLY REALLY don't like scientology, so don't put me in the same basket with Cruise and Travolta...- i am not that stupid.

I get what is wrong with scientology, and for that matter with every organization behind a religion.
I just want to know what are you trying to achieve with the protests - baning them from your country or just raise awareness?
And just to make myself clear - i i REALLY REALLY don't like scientology, so don't put me in the same basket with Cruise and Travolta...- i am not that stupid.

I think, as has been said before in this thread, it's to raise awareness so that people know of the evil and will think twice when approached to join.

The difference here is not how they protested but what they were fighting for. You can't compare getting a country, or even a whole race of people it's freedom to shutting down some church most people don't even know enough about to care.

Why should the cause determine the method? You still haven't told us why peaceful protest doesn't "work," Yet you seem quite confident that it worked for Ghandi.

On top of that how are you going to, "liberate," all these followers who don't want to be helped. They are happy with their religion, but your telling them it's a scam, it's a cult. Bit of a slap in the face for them. I know if some one insulted me like that it sure wouldn't persuade me to their side.

Again, you obviously haven't done any research whatsoever. This isn't about the religion of Scientology, it's about the organization of Scientology. It's about an organization that's killed people, stolen their money, and brainwashes people for their own ends. It's about an organization that tried to infiltrate North American governments and government agencies to gain an edge in their many court battles. This is about an organization that sues anyone who disagrees with them, and wins because they have the millions of dollars sucked out of their members to pay their lawyers. This is about an organization that once you join, it is nearly impossible to leave. The more people that learn the truth about the organization, the fewer people will find themselves trapped in it.

The religion itself, while a bit silly, is fine. If people want to believe in Scientology outside of the CoS, that's totally fine and we support that. Those people are known as the Free Zone Scientologists, and they are totally free to believe as they please.

And don't get me started on this Anonymous group. I know you guys aren't involved in it but what a cowardly way to fight someone, behind the protection of the internet. If anything they will set back your cause. What did they hope to accomplish by sending white powder to everyone or shutting down a server?

What? Raising awareness via the Internet is Anon's most powerful tool and one that gives them the edge. Are you saying that instead of "hiding behind the Internet" and hitting a server, they should instead be out burning down churches? Well, I guess that would be in line with your "easy protests don't work" theory.

Shutting down the servers limited access to the CoS's doctrines, but more importantly was what brought global attention to the cause and got the ball rolling.

The white powder was never directly linked to Anonymous, though it may have been done by some rogue moron member. It was never part of the game plan.

Also, you still seem to have failed in understanding who or what Anonymous is. It's not a group of "hackers," although some Anons are. It's a group of thousands of people linked by the Internet and a handful of message boards. Some Anons are hackers, some carry signs in the street, some hand out flyers, some spread the word through other means, some don't even have anything to do with the protest at all. It's people, regular people, irregular people, anybody can be Anonymous. And that's the beauty of it.

I'm not trying to be a troll, just voicing my opinion. I feel I have used good logic and reason to back up my arguments, and I'm not really attacking any of you personally. There are always many perspectives to an issue like this, my view is just perpindicular to yours.

It's fine to have an opinion, it's also fine to express it. However, it's usually best to make it an informed opinion before you weigh in.

Also, you still seem to have failed in understanding who or what Anonymous is. It's not a group of "hackers," although some Anons are. It's a group of thousands of people linked by the Internet and a handful of message boards. Some Anons are hackers, some carry signs in the street, some hand out flyers, some spread the word through other means, some don't even have anything to do with the protest at all. It's people, regular people, irregular people, anybody can be Anonymous. And that's the beauty of it.

You said it better than anyone. Anonymous doesn't seem to be a certain group of people. But rather it is an idea. It is the idea that people from all around the world can come together, through the internet, and decide to do something together based on their ideals. All this without knowing each other, without knowing how each looks, what they believe in or what they do for a living. They get together because they believe in something and they want to do something about it.

That's why scientology is probably crapping their pants just about now. Because what their fighting is not a group of hackers, what they're fighting is an idea. An idea held by numerous people around the world who are not bound by one another through any means. In this fight, they have absolutely nothing to hit. There is no major boss that they can kill, there is no legal entity that they can sue. They can't stop it by any single action. Anonymous is the people that pack your groceries, the people you bump into on the street, the doctors who take care of you, maybe even your closest friends. It's the ideals held by numerous people around the world, and nobody can do anything to stop it.

I would still find this group far more believable if they would have a figure head.
Now, they just say shit and hide behind a picture of a tuxedo. OK so I would allso be hesitant to take on the cult CoS but still... it's creepy.

I believe that after enough people know what they are about, many governments will ban them.
Good.

That's why scientology is probably crapping their pants just about now. Because what their fighting is not a group of hackers, what they're fighting is an idea. An idea held by numerous people around the world who are not bound by one another through any means. In this fight, they have absolutely nothing to hit. There is no major boss that they can kill, there is no legal entity that they can sue. They can't stop it by any single action. Anonymous is the people that pack your groceries, the people you bump into on the street, the doctors who take care of you, maybe even your closest friends. It's the ideals held by numerous people around the world, and nobody can do anything to stop it.

You've been watching V for Vendetta.. :lol:

^ I actually never saw that movie, nor do I really have a wish to see it, after seeing the trailer and reading a few reviews and the back of the commercial DVD. Not worth my time and money.

The concept of the idea was inspired by Batman Returns, actually. Except instead of "fighting a ghost" it's "fighting an idea". The concept is that you can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea. And it's pretty much true for any revolutionary or intelligence group. They're both made up of more people than anyone knows, and they're both so secretive and covert that anybody could be your enemy without you knowing.

Again, by easy I don't mean peaceful. What history has taught us about protests is, one, violent ones rarely work, they just inflame the existing situation. Two, you must be prepared to sacrifice an awful lot if you want significant change. Sacrifice is what makes a worth while protest hard.

Oh, good, an INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS quote from some /b/tard. That'll make your argument much stronger.

Protip: Learn the difference between /b/ and Anonymous.

Who exactly are Anonymous, then? As a group, I've only heard it used to refer to *chan members (usually /b/tards), since imageboards emphasize anonymous posting.

Again, by easy I don't mean peaceful. What history has taught us about protests is, one, violent ones rarely work, they just inflame the existing situation. Two, you must be prepared to sacrifice an awful lot if you want significant change. Sacrifice is what makes a worth while protest hard.

If easy =/= peaceful, then obviously these aren't easy protests. People around the world showed up, some even in -23 Celcius weather! There are those who have sacraficed themselves, thrown themselves upon the coals to expose Scientology, only to be harrassed by the Co$ and have their messages stifled. Anonymous has found their message, and has built upon it. Anonymous is ready for this fight. They will see it through. At least I hope so, things haven't been so lively in GBS in a while.

Who exactly are Anonymous, then? As a group, I've only heard it used to refer to *chan members (usually /b/tards), since imageboards emphasize anonymous posting.

Anonymous is the screen name given when you do not offer a nickname when posting on one of the many channels (chans) that exist. People begin refering to themselves as Anonymous. /b/-tards are just relegated to one particular forum on a couple of the chans, and is more or less a place to post retarded images and call each other fags. Most people just see Anonymous as a bunch of intarweb retards, but with this move, they've gotten a lot of people behind them.

Anyways, for the doubters, detractors, or possible Scilons that might be here, educate yourself about OPERATION FREAK OUT, FAIR GAME, LISA MCPHEARSON. And go to Xenu.net

This is not a fight against a religion. This is a fight against a corporation that brainwashes people into giving up their lives for some salvation that can only be achieved through paid classes and 'donations'. Religion should be free.

Thanks BCS :)

Did anybody see the Documentary on Scientology made by the BBC?
Eventually the presenter John Sweeny lost his temper, and i think we can all understand why.
If you have not seen it look it up on youtube, its worth a watch.

Eventually the presenter John Sweeny lost his temper, and i think we can all understand why.

The Scifag that followed them, the one he went off on at the end, was actually seen at one of the DC (I think) Protests filming :rolleyes:

One of the more vocal protester at the Copenhagen protest actually got pamphlets from Scientology yesterday :blink: It's illegal to wear masks at a protest in Denmark, but how they got his address from filming his face is beyond me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3pG49lg5AU
Will not embed it is a four part film.
Watch it before it is removed.

-EDIT-
Watched it. That's scary.
There's no other word for it. Scary as hell man... :|

Last edited:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3pG49lg5AU
Will not embed it is a four part film.
Watch it before it is removed.

-EDIT-
Watched it. That's scary.
There's no other word for it. Scary as hell man... :|

I've seen that documentary before and yeah it's scary as all get out. It's also very well done and well executed. I loved how the on Scientology croney looks almost identical to Tom Cruise.

That documentary was good, still don't care enough to protest, but it was informative nonetheless. I guess what I really want is some hard evidence. There is enough propaganda, from both sides of the issue, to shake a stick at. I have a hard time believing every Scientologist is a brainwashed nut job like ol' Tommy in that video.

Oh, and leaving me 7 harassing reps, like, "your a fucking douche," wont sway me to your side. In fact it reminds me of this church I know :yawn:

That documentary was good, still don't care enough to protest, but it was informative nonetheless. I guess what I really want is some hard evidence. There is enough propaganda, from both sides of the issue, to shake a stick at. I have a hard time believing every Scientologist is a brainwashed nut job like ol' Tommy in that video.

Oh, and leaving me 7 harassing reps, like, "your a fucking douche," wont sway me to your side. In fact it reminds me of this church I know :yawn:

If by hard evidence you want something from CoS's own mouth you wont get it, the best we can do is ex-Sci's like Arnie Lerma among others. lermanet.com

You obviously have not done your homework, so let me do it for you, just remember to pull my name off it before you hand it in.

http://www.xenutv.com/
http://www.xenu.net/
http://www.lermanet.com/
http://youfoundthecard.com/
http://www.whyaretheydead.com/

If by hard evidence you want something from CoS's own mouth you wont get it, the best we can do is ex-Sci's like Arnie Lerma among others. lermanet.com

You obviously have not done your homework, so let me do it for you, just remember to pull my name off it before you hand it in.

http://www.xenutv.com/
http://www.xenu.net/
http://www.lermanet.com/
http://youfoundthecard.com/
http://www.whyaretheydead.com/
Been to the first two, and they aren't without bias. I'll check the others out though. I guess I'd like to see a private investigation or something a real report from an independent agency or something. But then again Scientology would probably clean up, like the health inspector just walked into their taco shop.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Scientology is at all positive, but I just don't see them as this evil religious empire. They need to be handled with kid gloves that's for sure.