Series 22 Spoilers

Last edited:
Jezza won't go near a GTR, last time it tried to kill him.
I'm afraid you might be wrong here. He has driven GT-Rs at least 3 times after the 2008 accident (which is what I assume you were referring to). And everytime he has driven it, he said that its a very, very good car. In fact, this earlier this year they had the 2013 version at the TG track and both Jeremy and James did a few launch controls (search on youtube. There's a video somewhere) and May eventually fell for the car. Which I suppose is what prompted him to bring a GT-R to this trip.

Back to topic :- Interesting car choice. Really wasn't expecting Richard to choose a mountain of a car that is the Continental (it really is a continent) to go against an M6 and a GT-R. I thought an Aston Vanquish or a Ferrari FF is more of a "fast, 4-seater luxury supercar" than the 3000 million kgs V8 Bentley. Even an RS7 or a Panamera Turbo could've done the job nicely, I would say.

Hammond hates the Panamera (well OK, Jeremy and James loath its looks too).

Hammond doesn't "hate" the Panamera. He only doesn't like its looks. Otherwise, all three presenters say that its a great car to drive and spend time in. Jeremy even said that "sitting in the driver's it is the best part because you can drive it and feel the 911 like ride but not have to look at the exterior."

I don't care from what angle you look at it, the Panamera is a butt-ugly car. It might drive well, but you still have to look at it every time you approach it and that's a big sacrifice for an automobile with its kind of price tag.

You certainly don't have that problem when you approach the alternative BMW, Mercedes or Maserati. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
This is the video I was talking about :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVaSyNP2Iho
James May testing a 2012 GT-R on the test track. The way he admits at the end how he likes the car a lot is what, I think, led to him choosing the GT-R for the road trip.

And looking at more pictures from the Australian trip (link below), I now know that May's GT-R is a Track Edition.

Edit:- Somehow the url link doesn't work. Add "/2014/news/top-gear-series-22-sightings-spoilers/" infront of ***********dot*com.

Last edited:
Looks like they (or at least Hamster) is in Vancouver, BC right now.

2w40fup.jpg

Also, they'll allegedly be driving the Hennessey Raptor SUV in Summerland/Kelowna.

http://www.kelownanow.com/news/news..._Out_Car_Fans_Top_Gear_UK_to_Film_in_Okanagan

I'd love to get a glimpse of the filming process and possibly maybe meet them on the off chance. Unfortunately I'm way off the east side of that map :(. Can't wait to see the final product.

Last edited:
I'd love to get a glimpse of the filming process and possibly maybe meet them on the off chance. Unfortunately I'm way off the east side of that map :(. Can't wait to see the final product.

Same here. I'm also in Ontario.

Hi there, new forum user here. TG fanatic and constant browser of these forums. Want to make myself as useful as possible on these forums.

Season 22 preview in Jan 2015 issue of TG Magazine:

5m3GzO2.png

KiaB6il.jpg

EeLjv9W.png

MEYjgv4.jpg

Also, the magazine says that Season 22 will have 10 episodes, and begin on 25 January at 8pm.

Series 22 Spoilers

Truck yeah! 10 episodes!.