Striped bolt holes? Can they be fixed?

Yeah did that three days ago, no response. Could just be a shity local rep, but I dont know hence the question.

edit:
also when you do that it lists no joke 30+ reps with absolutely no indication which is which. However no phone numbers/names. It is a you send a request and hope they call you. Problem is there are 30+ 'reps' in the area and I have no idea which ones are BS and which are good. Made the request to the closest few to no avail.

Last edited:
Go to the local car dealer service departments and large independent shops - I guarantee at least one of them will have a phone number.

Any place that does mechanical work will most likely do. Get the Mac guy's number too.

Well kudos to the local VW club. One of their guys just let me use his. Amazing considering it was my first posts. Helps when you post track pictures, but still a nice group of guys.

I didnt have my contacts in when i saw this thread title and i swear it said Stripped Butt holes.

but after reading it i agree with everyone else in you would be better off replacing the part to be safe. If you just do a helicoil it will just be prone to failure in the long run and you dont want to have to deal with something catastrophic happening while driving.