The 2010 South Africa world cup thread!

I recommend moving to a more livable climate. We're expecting lots of sun, no rain, 28?C, mild breeze :tease:
<_< You?re not making any Friends here Nordish_by_Nature86 ... go get yourself a cold or something ... :p

sweaty77

Last edited:
I'm really depressed that I can't watch Uruguay/Ghana live. I'm gonna record it, but it's just not the same. Of course, if I had to miss a quarter-final....it's probably better it's that one.

I'm really depressed that I can't watch Uruguay/Ghana live. I'm gonna record it, but it's just not the same. Of course, if I had to miss a quarter-final....it's probably better it's that one.

i will be spending the day at the lake and i couldn't care less about missing the match :p

Neutral on the Netherlands vs. Brasil game, I will be pleased whoever wins, but surprised if it isn?t Brasil. <_<

I am tipping Uruguay to win, so they are doomed then! :p

Bummer, if it is a work thing, PC plus headphones?

Then maybe try, BBC Radio 5 Live which is doing live audio commentary via the web, I believe is not IP blocked like the TV / video feeds.

Nah, I have to get my fingerprints taken for a citizenship thing. Appointment is at 3PM, match starts at 2:30PM. I was gonna set up the sling functionality on my cable box so I can stream to my iPhone....but the letter I received from the government specifically said "no cellphones"....so I won't have that with me.

Thanks to today, I'm going to probably end up missing both Tomorrow's games and day after's.

Hope you enjoy em!

I'll try to catch highlights or something at some point...

<_< You?re not making any Friends here Nordish_by_Nature86 ... go get yourself a cold or something ... :p

sweaty77

Originally I had planned to be in Frankfurt yesterday and today, I'd probably die there :lol: quite glad that got moved to the 12th... even though it means watching the final from my hotel room :cry:

PS: http://wimp.com/soccerfootball/

Last edited:
A little bit of acting from the Netherlands at the start....this may turn violent.

It's great to see Brasil turn on their attacking....and it looks like the Dutch are about to follow suit.

Wilhelmus van Nassouwe
ben ik, van Duitsen bloed,
den vaderland getrouwe
blijf ik tot in den dood.
Een Prinse van Oranje
ben ik, vrij, onverveerd,
den Koning van Hispanje
heb ik altijd ge?erd.

Interesting that the Netherlands has the opposing teams (Brazil) flag on their jerseys.

Dunga is such a fucking asshole. He's just trying to rile up his players, and it's going to backfire when they start throwing punches.

15 mins then to the pub, to watch the game!!!! My collegue took some flexi time and is all ready over there the lucky dog.

Robben needs to take the shot on the first touch, any more and he's getting swarmed by Brazilians.

Dunga is such a fucking asshole. He's just trying to rile up his players, and it's going to backfire when they start throwing punches.

It's a South American attitude in general. I see that kind of behaviour in the latter-stage matches in the Copa Libertadores also.