The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Why did so many people vote for the racist orange man? I give up.
It depends on what the alternatives are and on what the candidate brings with him, not just what he is.

The problem with bipolarism is that as long as you are not very fed up or do not find a significantly bigger part of what you think should be done on the other part, you won't switch.

Will you vote for Trump? I think not. So much so that you accept to vote for your own party even though it might include things in the program or people in the party that you dislike veeeery much. You'd still vote for it, particularly if the alternative was, ...Trump.

Well, this things, in time, lead to lower your standards, to accept each time something less similar to you because... well, because the alternative is what it is, so there's no question, is there? The more polarized the two parties are, the more this effect will trigger, the more people will end up voting what is actually very different from them, but still less different than the other party.

But until when? In my own experience, it can go on even until you do feel like you disagree with you own party most of the times (except on some key topics). Still "the others" are worse, to you, precisely in those key aspects, so you still won't switch. And there's no one who can make you change your mind (because they don't talk to you about the right topics). After which, your will to change party will lower even more if the main idea from "the others" is that you are a full-blown idiot or some other diminishing name.

Besides, if there is someone who will still votes for Trump, and you honestly can't see any reasons why, well, maybe the point is exactly that you have not understood how they think. And yes, some of them are just plain idiots, but if half the population of your country is composed of ACTUAL idiots, then you have bigger prolbems than an election.

The most probable answer, then, is that something still escapes you about WHY they do what they do.

---

It was quite clear that this election was not going to be a landslide for Biden. Why? Because despite what many would like to think, the distance in moral fiber and in mental ability and in smart proposals or in simply right and fair proposals, and in "friends and allies" is smaller than what would be needed to have THAT MANY people to jump side (do not forget the confirmation bias - theirs, and yours).

EDITED FOR shamingly bad grammar (this won't be perfect, but at least is presentable).

Last edited:
Which Biden said he would change, opening up banking to dispensaries and grow businesses.

Fox News Poll backfires, shows that Americans are generally liberal: https://www.dailydot.com/debug/fox-exit-polls-shows-americans-liberal/

The President can not change the way narcotics are scheduled, congress does, and they do it based on advice from the DEA. Congress has never gone against that addvice,

Congress also has to pass a change to the banking laws so Biden could sign it.

The President can not change the way narcotics are scheduled, congress does, and they do it based on advice from the DEA. Congress has never gone against that addvice,

Congress also has to pass a change to the banking laws so Biden could sign it.
Biden is the leader of the Democratic party and he would be the major influence in setting the party platform, which they have said is to legalize cannabis. There is no medical or scientific data to support cannabis being scheduled the way it is, and a lot of data that is counter to it's current schedule.

I reserve my comments about the election until it has been called. But I will mention this: I was on a business call earlier today and there were people literally crying that trump was going to win and that they were not even winning a "moral victory". Of particular note was an exec who mentioned his 15 year old girl was making a presentation about how she needed an emotional break day today.

There are so many things wrong with that fucking sentence I cannot even begin to go through it. Though the one that strikes me the most is the defeatism, come on. it's not over until the fat orange asshole sings.

Edit: grammar.

EDIT 2: As of this update (1326 CST), Wisconsin has been called for Joe Biden, this is the first state to have actually flipped compared to the previous election with 7 states to go.

Last edited:
Not surprised, but interesting to see the stats compared with assumptions about rural city people.

Capture.PNG
Captured.PNG

Biden is the leader of the Democratic party and he would be the major influence in setting the party platform, which they have said is to legalize cannabis. There is no medical or scientific data to support cannabis being scheduled the way it is, and a lot of data that is counter to it's current schedule.

I agree, but that does not change the fact that the process is convoluted.

I'm amazed that it takes so many precincts so long to count the votes. Do so few people volunteer to do it?

In some areas they have more than are needed, but many areas do not have enough.

At this point, I think it's going to be Biden by 2 electoral votes, assuming nothing big happens in Michigan. I also believe that if it wasn't for COVID related early voting, I think Trump would have won outright.

Last edited:
At this point, I think it's going to be Biden by 1 electoral vote, assuming nothing big happens in Michigan.
Which would make it the closest presidential run in US history.

EDIT: changing statement. In addition. Michigan has flipped as well. Interesting stuff.

Last edited:
Twitler's lead in GA is shrinking (94% reporting), currently at 1.4% with lots of democratic areas still counting. His lead in PA is down to 5 points, cutting his lead in half today. NYT says a recount in GA is likely either way and they aren't sure how much more PA counting is going to happen today (85% currently reporting, so a long way to go).

Last edited:
If only they had taken the news across the border with them...

View attachment 3558967
The postal carrier who had 800 pieces of undelivered mail in the trunk of his car got caught, in part, thanks to a wrong turn, according to federal authorities.
Brandon Wilson, 27, was arrested Tuesday night at the Peace Bridge after border agents found a bin containing mail destined for several ZIP codes and included three absentee ballots sent out by the Erie County Board of Elections, according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court.
Wilson, of Buffalo, who was stopped at the bridge shortly after 7:30 p.m., allegedly told Customs and Border Protection agents the mail belonged to him and his mother, but could not explain the mail addressed to other people, according to the complaint filed by a special agent for the Postal Service's Office of Inspector General.

Wilson ended up at the bridge by accident. He had been traveling on the I-190 and got in the wrong lane, which brought him to the border crossing with Canada, federal authorities confirmed.
In addition to the absentee ballots, which had been sent to two addresses in Buffalo, the mail found in Wilson's car consisted of 106 political mailings, 220 first-class mailings and 484 standard mailings.

The majority of the first-class mail was addressed to locations in the 14215 ZIP code, but other destination ZIP codes were 14227, 14211 and 14214.

Cancellation dates of the first-class mail showed seven dates between Sept. 16 and Oct. 26, according to the complaint.

In addition to the pieces of mail, Wilson also had several pieces of his carrier uniform and his identification badge.
During an interview with agents from the Postal Service Office of Inspector General, Wilson allegedly admitted placing mail from his delivery

"Beginning in September 2020, Wilson estimated he placed mail from his delivery routes into the trunk of his vehicle on more than four but less than 10 instances after returning to the post office from his assigned route," special agent Brendan M. Boone wrote in the complaint. "Wilson intended to whittle down the amount of mail in the trunk of his vehicle by placing a small amount of the mail into USPS mis sort containers in the morning before his shift began. Wilson last reintroduced mailings into the mail stream in this fashion approximately three weeks prior [to] the date of the interview."

Wilson denied throwing out any mail or taking any greeting cards, cash or checks from mail on his route. He also denied knowing there were absentee ballots in the mail found in his car.

The impact of mail-in voting

126 seek to 10%, 20% … 60%
Wilson, who was hired by the Postal Service in 2019, has been charged with the crime of delaying or destroying mail, according to the court documents. He is assigned to work in West Seneca, but frequently works out of other post offices throughout Buffalo and Cheektowaga.

The Postal Service Office of Inspector General received information from the National Law Enforcement Communications Center about possible misconduct of a Postal Service employee.
"This office is committed not only to ensuring the integrity of the mails, but also of individuals' rights to vote in a free and fair election," U.S. Attorney James P. Kennedy Jr. said in a written statement. "The criminal conduct with which this defendant is alleged to have engaged undermined both of those interests."

Wilson's first court appearance on Wednesday was done over video conferencing. Federal prosecutors did not seek to have him held in custody, according to court records, and Wilson was assigned a public defender.

If convicted, Wilson faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
Wilson was in the process of being placed on "emergency placement" by the Postal Service, which means he will be off duty without pay, a spokesman for the organization said Thursday.
"The vast majority of the United States Postal Service's more than 630,000 employees are committed to ensuring the security of the United States mail," said Desai Abdul-Razzaaq, spokesman for the Postal Service in Buffalo.