The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

I’m sure they’ll find a way around it by having it beep more often, or disengage more frequently if abused.

Also, in hindsight, calling it Autopilot was not the smartest thing. A pilot can actually go and take a dump while the plane literally flies itself. A Tesla driver can’t even if he thinks he can

I’m sure they’ll find a way around it by having it beep more often, or disengage more frequently if abused.
seeing as that is what the whole complaint is about (the thing not annoying drivers enough or not "forcing driver attention" i.e. simply turning off randomly), that's exactly what will happen. it will get even more annoying to use (although currently it's completely fine imo, even after the latest stricter usage rules) and, if in doubt, simply disengage on you much more frequently than before (this is something that never happens for me - but maybe that's just me actually paying attention while driving). I for one don't see how that makes the system any more safe to use, but hey, what do I know...

Also, in hindsight, calling it Autopilot was not the smartest thing.
100%.

Well, I'd argue it is deliberate to convince people it is better than the other systems, so it is in fact very smart.
Not ethical, or even remotely legal, but smart.

Well, I'd argue it is deliberate to convince people it is better than the other systems, so it is in fact very smart.
Not ethical, or even remotely legal, but smart.

Tesla had the first self driving system, so what system was it superior to?

Tesla had the first self driving system
It is still not a self driving system.
All it is and all it ever was: driver assistance.

edit: ok official terminology according to SAE J3016 would be "partial automation", i. e. level 2, as the driver has to monitor everything at all times.

Tesla had the first self driving system, so what system was it superior to?
They still don't have a self driving system, they have driver aids.

Yes, but nobody has that.
Tesla just claimed/made it seem to be that way, and people took it literally

Strange. You mean when you call your thing Autopilot™ and Full Self Drive™ and sell it for thousands of dollars, people expect it to actually be what's written on the box?!

[sarcasm]
You misread, it's Full-Self Driving, which means something else entirely when compared to Full Self-Driving.
[/sarcasm]

Strange. You mean when you call your thing Autopilot™ and Full Self Drive™ and sell it for thousands of dollars, people expect it to actually be what's written on the box?!
I kinda get where you're coming from, but if/when you engage it, the car tells you that you're still in control of the vehicle at all times? Or is this a one time thing? My car has similar systems, and at EVERY startup it forces you to agree to the disclaimer....(which may be overkill in the other direction, but better safe than sorry)

I kinda get where you're coming from, but if/when you engage it, the car tells you that you're still in control of the vehicle at all times? Or is this a one time thing? My car has similar systems, and at EVERY startup it forces you to agree to the disclaimer....(which may be overkill in the other direction, but better safe than sorry)
Yes, every time it displays a quick disclaimer to keep your hands on the wheel and pay attention. which is small and disappears on its own after a few seconds. it's not annoying in the least.

In China, Elon Musk scores wins on the path to self-driving cars​

So after china trip:

💣💣💣💣💣

Tesla to lay off everyone working on Superchargers, new vehicles

Tesla is also getting rid of its public policy team, despite robotaxi ambitions.

GMa-n-kWgAA1Sdh.jpg

Erm, and who will maintain existing SuCha locations and/or build more where they are needed? Elon be craycray

Any other automaker would have a second-generation Model 3 ready to go either this year or next, but at Tesla, the product pipeline is empty.
Whoever wrote that article somehow missed that they did introduce the second generation last year… so if that went straight over their head, I’m gonna take the rest of that work a grain of salt. Or two. :|

What’s most concerning about all this, imo, is not the state that Tesla is in - which I’d consider alright - but rather the influence the idiot in charge still seems to have.

Sleeping Tesla driver caught on Swedish highway – after 25 miles​

Is that a malfunction, or don't cars in Sweden have to have features that confirm the attention of the driver?

Is that a malfunction, or don't cars in Sweden have to have features that confirm the attention of the driver?
As long as they hold onto the wheel with a slight pull, that should work out nicely… strangely enough the car usually complains if you’re looking at the screen too much, so I’m also a little astonished it wouldn’t recognize closed eyes 🤣