the Top Gear British phrases explanation thread

So where was Stitch in all this? ;)

what does " but you do get allot of badge with this car" mean ???

* when they feature the Lamborghini Revonton

Replace the B in Badge with a V. And if you need more assistance....

It's a pun on how Reventon is pronounced Rebenton

Last edited:
Er I took it to mean that the cost of the car was related to the manufacturers ambience and reputation - not it's 'true' cost/worth. Still I could be wrong here - tricky one this.

Er I took it to mean that the cost of the car was related to the manufacturers ambience and reputation - not it's 'true' cost/worth. Still I could be wrong here - tricky one this.
Yeah, I understood it like that as well. Like when you buy a Focus RS you get a great car for your money, but it's "only" a Ford noone will notice. When you buy a Lamborghini however, you do pay a lot of money, but you will have people gathering around the car everywhere you go. So the Lamborghini badge on the car means a lot of you want to get attention.

I really love the "badge" as in "Rebventon" version though... :mrgreen:

To be honest I'm pretty sure it is the 'Badge' with a V version - if you the episode back, in context of things said previously I would say it was a play on words.
You're right! I just watched it again, and it is perfectly clear that they mean it like that. This so went over my head all the time! :lol:

so badge becomes vadge and a vadge is slang term for vagina .... if this is unclear to anyone.

Exactly. The implication that supercars attract good looking women and are therefore (another British phrase) Fanny Magnets!

(Fanny in the UK refers to the female genitals as opposed to in American English where it pertains to the backside.)

Let me translate - Fanny = front bottom - not bottom bottom which as we all know is called an arse (NB not Ass, which of course is a mule like animal) - clear now?

I'd personally like to thank Professor Cobol and Assistant Professor MWF for teaching us British Anatomy 101. I look forward to BA 102 where you talk about plums and twats.

It was just a joke :p, I know what plums (aka family jewels, fruit of the loom, nuts, round things, dingleberries, dongles, balls, walnuts, family grapes, ?????? etc.) are.

It was just a joke :p, I know what plums (aka family jewels, fruit of the loom, nuts, round things, dingleberries, dongles, balls, walnuts, family grapes, ?????? etc.) are.

In American English, "dingleberries" are small, hard turd balls that hang off your dog or cat's ass.... That's what they are in my region, anyway. :lol:

In American English, "dingleberries" are small, hard turd balls that hang off your dog or cat's ass.... That's what they are in my region, anyway. :lol:

Same in Scotland. I remember having a right laugh when I found out in Norwegian the word is "danglebaer" or similar.

I know "dingleberries" as small balls of turd, probably mixed with rests of toiled paper, which weld themselves to your ass hair. I only knew it for humans btw, the animal thing was new for me.

The German word is "Klabusterperlen" by the way. Don't ask me how I know that.

Last edited: