Top Gear USA's Adam Carolla on the Auto Bailout: Exclusive Interview

I've been saying for a long time, forget this retro shit, i want a new car with a new name, and a <4L V6 Twin turbo, traditional gearbox and a live axle.

Straight line performance for the modern age, not recreating the old days.

Why would you want it to only be good in a straight line? And why a live axle? No stock car or even well modified car will need a solid axle to hook up or withstand a large number of drag launches.

ndspeed said:
What were the Germans making

Porsche 911 (turbo) & 914, BMW 2002 practically changed the world, VW came out with the Golf, BMW CSL, 6 series... Mercedes made boat like things but some of them had big ass v8's in them.

Why would you want it to only be good in a straight line? And why a live axle? No stock car or even well modified car will need a solid axle to hook up or withstand a large number of drag launches.

Asking that is like me saying to you "Why would you want a car that is only good in the corners". The Miazda is not exactly a straight line acceleration machine.

I have no oppertunity to utilize a car that is truely good in the corners, there are no rural curvy roads anywhere near me, this is what the roads in the middle the everglades look like:

42-15461224.jpg

As for the live axle, i prefer it because its lighter, and simpler, less to break, easier to build up. Also it takes the cost of the car down due to not having an IRS that i wouldnt get any meaningful use out of.

Last edited:
I am seeing alot of mixed reviews on Adams comments about american muscle. i have to agree with him. i LOVE euro cars, hate japanese cars. let me say, that comment alone would usually stir major debate, but, ill add this to each point.

#1) i hate japanese cars, but, i was born there lived there (no, im not japanese) BTW, i love the Skylines of the past and this new GTR. i am refering to the P-P-Prius (its hard for me to force that word out of my mouth without punching my neighbor in the face) and the Civic scene ect...

#2) euro cars, i worked for Mercedes-Benz and Volvo and i know what they build there. their crap is almost better than our best. almost.

#3) i hate muscle cars, well, i once heard someone say "there is Cheverolet and there is Corvette, the two are not the same." i agree to a point, i feel the Mustang is an american icon and is different from the rest of the fords. its still just plastic and sheet medal but the sound that motor makes is wonderful. It helps that i own one!

bottom line is, i dont like the "popular" things, but, that dont make me less of a car guy. and that goes for adam as well.

Last edited: