Valve Steam Deck Portable Gaming PC

awdrifter

Nice! I've been playing so much more Fall Guys and Rocket League since I got the Steam Deck.

GRtak

Forum Addict
Okay, I've had this for a few days now and I do like it, but, and it is a big but, it is not comfortable for me to use for more than 90ish minutes. If I play GTA V, it is about an hour. After that, I am done for several hours.

This is a me problem and I knew this might happen from the start. I am the guy that really liked the original Xbox Duke controller. I have suffered since it got cancelled.

I already planned on getting the Dbrand Killswitch cover so I could have bigger grips, but they still have it listed only able to reserve. No other cover looks nearly as good.

So I might sell the Steamdeck and possibly build a new PC.

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Okay, I've had this for a few days now and I do like it, but, and it is a big but, it is not comfortable for me to use for more than 90ish minutes. If I play GTA V, it is about an hour. After that, I am done for several hours.

This is a me problem and I knew this might happen from the start. I am the guy that really liked the original Xbox Duke controller. I have suffered since it got cancelled.

I already planned on getting the Dbrand Killswitch cover so I could have bigger grips, but they still have it listed only able to reserve. No other cover looks nearly as good.

Do you have any other controllers that you could connect to it in the meantime via Bluetooth or dongle to hold you over until the cover is available?

GRtak

Forum Addict
Do you have any other controllers that you could connect to it in the meantime via Bluetooth or dongle to hold you over until the cover is available?

I do, but that puts the already small screen farther away, and I would need to prop the deck up.

awdrifter

Sucks to hear that the Steam Deck doesn't feel comfortable to you. I've been playing it for about 30-60 min sessions around the house and it's been comfortable, but I also probably have smaller hands than you as the standard Xbox 360 controller feels like the right size to me. If you (or a friend) have a 3D printer, maybe try some of these cases.

GRtak

Forum Addict
And an update on the Killswitch cover.

I don't want a skin with the cover. I want the cover and the travel cover.

GRtak

Forum Addict
And another update:

This doesn't seem to harm anything, beyond the momentary slowing of the fan/s. But it is better to error on the side of caution, and good on Dbrand for doing so. This also delays the cover until next year...