Will any TG do something at the olympics?

gurei17

Car(s)
Almighty Mazda 323!!!
Will TG do anything at the olympics? Even if not TGUK? Or will they waste this chance to make a great film?

I seriously doubt it. But, we can hope. However I think they're all kind of working on other things right now.

the TG team is apparently filming a Cross-Canada special right now.

Jezza posted something to his facebook imploring 'those in canada to like this photo' and someone spotted a top-gear branded trailer along with a bunch of range rovers on the 401 between Toronto and Montreal.

Last edited:
Not TG UK. Jezza has tweeted today that he's off to do a car test in Budapest. He's also tweeted about the Olympics, so he's at home watching that. James is filming Manlab in London and Hammond is still in the US, so it's not them in Canada.

As for filming at the Olympics, I don't think you can just invite yourself in. The whole thing is sewn up so tight by the IOC and the sponsors that you can't even arrange some bread rolls in the shape of the rings in a baker's shop window without being made to take it out.

the TG team is apparently filming a Cross-Canada special right now.

Jezza posted something to his facebook imploring 'those in canada to like this photo' and someone spotted a top-gear branded trailer along with a bunch of range rovers on the 401 between Toronto and Montreal.

Cool.

I'll say this... "FakeCharlieWhiting" on Twitter said that the closing ceremonies looked like a "rejected Top Gear segment... cars and lorries made of newspaper driving around a model of London." Given that they also "blew up" a Robin, I found myself wondering if Jezza was involved in writing it...

I'll say this... "FakeCharlieWhiting" on Twitter said that the closing ceremonies looked like a "rejected Top Gear segment... cars and lorries made of newspaper driving around a model of London." Given that they also "blew up" a Robin, I found myself wondering if Jezza was involved in writing it...

Then they would have dropped a piano on a morris minor

Well, they really wasted a LIFETIME opportunity...

I have the distinct impression some people in some very high places had a little 'talk' with some other people in high places at the BBC to keep the boys and especially their TopGear persona as far away from the whole Olympic circus as possible.....the world is watching and all that nonsense.

The three Phantom Dropheads were very Top Gear, though I'm sure there was a healthy bit of BMW politicking that got them on the stage.

I have the distinct impression some people in some very high places had a little 'talk' with some other people in high places at the BBC to keep the boys and especially their TopGear persona as far away from the whole Olympic circus as possible.....the world is watching and all that nonsense.

I actually joked about the same thing with my family. I can picture this at the beginning of the next series: "Right, Over the summer, a huge international event was hosted in London. Entertainers from all over the country were invited to this highly prestigious event in the international spotlight. For some reason, the producers thought the event would go better if we were sent as far away as possible."

The only input the BBC had into the Olympic Games was the little filmed insert in the opening ceremony called "Happy & Glorious". Other than that, it was nowt to do with the Beeb

The three Phantom Dropheads were very Top Gear, though I'm sure there was a healthy bit of BMW politicking that got them on the stage.

BMW were one of the sponsors of the games so, probably, yes. They also provided little radio controlled Minis which were used to retrieve javelins and discus(es?). There was a bit of argy bargy about whether these were giving undue prominence to a particular brand because, although they didn't show any logos, the cars were easily recognisable.

What a waste. The cars the Spice Girls were on could have been driven by the TG men. Clarkson would drift his way and get a Spice Girl hospitalized. That would be more entertaining than the stuff I saw on TV. A road sweeper dancing? Come on.