Worst US Cars of 2006

BlaRo said:
^ Yeah, great excuse for GM to build a less capable product than the competiton. What if somebody crashes into you?

Ok, we get it. You like American cars. You don't have to constantly defend them to the death, though.

I was joking man. :lol:

bartboy9891 said:
GM usually prides itself on its safe cars. The new Chevy Impala and Malibu both got 5-star safety ratings didnt they?
Doesn't just about everything get a 5-star NHTSA rating these days?
What about the IIHS and Euro NCAP ratings?

Hey thats what TVR said when they do not implement airbages and abs and etc. Their cars are awsome.

I wish the Grand Prix would DIE! I'm so sick of looking at these damn things.
I drove a GTP supercharged about 2 years ago, and I thought it was a decent car, just ugly as sin. A friend of mine drove it and thought "this could make a decent drifter" until I reminded him it was FF.

With GM pushing the cobalt as a tuner car, I'd really like to see how they drive.

BlaRo said:
^ And Freightliner.
That's exactly why I want a Crown Vic. I may have mentioned it before, but make mine black, with 15" steelies, tinted windows, and maybe a few antennas, and watch the left lane open up. Muahahahah!

I wouldn't mind an all blacked out Crown vic (or just a Mercury Marauder) with a lightbar in the back window. Problem is, people won't get out of your way, they will freak out because they think your a cop, and slow done and hold you up.

Atleast thats what they do here in Missouri, fucking dip shits.

thedguy said:
I drove a GTP supercharged about 2 years ago, and I thought it was a decent car, just ugly as sin. A friend of mine drove it and thought "this could make a decent drifter" until I reminded him it was FF.

With GM pushing the cobalt as a tuner car, I'd really like to see how they drive.
If the Colbalt has anything similar to the Cavalier its going to be garbage.

No Boss said:
jetsetter said:
The Crown Vic is a good vehicle. One of the last full frame cars out there.

ORLY? This guy would beg to differ.

Before:
facelless2.jpg
After:
Jason.jpg

CVGraphBIG.jpg

One per 100,000 vehicles does not concern me that much.

Let's not forget that Police Crown Vic spend much more time in hazardous situations - like parked on the side of the freeway - than civilian models. As you can see from the chart, it's the police package that has this problem, not the other Crown Vics. Now why do you suppose that is when the basic car has not changed in years?

Could it be the way it's being used?

jetsetter said:

I'm surprised you're able to hear us, what with being up so high on your horse.

Blind_Io said:
Let's not forget that Police Crown Vic spend much more time in hazardous situations - like parked on the side of the freeway - than civilian models. As you can see from the chart, it's the police package that has this problem, not the other Crown Vics. Now why do you suppose that is when the basic car has not changed in years?

I agree, the manner in which a police car is used is a significantly more intense environment than the general public. I don't want to give the wrong impression of me saying the Vic is a bad car, but I just wanted to bring up the point that this website is dedicated to. It's got a lot of sad stories about families that were destroyed because of one little bolt.

Blind_Io said:

its like saying more subaru rally cars flip in an accident than subaru road cars....

apples to oranges

GM_IV said:
thedguy said:

If the Colbalt has anything similar to the Cavalier its going to be garbage.

They killed the j-body. The Cobalt is on a whole new platform. It is a whole new car. It has nothing to do with the old j-body cars (Cavalier, Sunfire).

No Boss said:
jetsetter said:

I'm surprised you're able to hear us, what with being up so high on your horse.

Blind_Io said:

I agree, the manner in which a police car is used is a significantly more intense environment than the general public. I don't want to give the wrong impression of me saying the Vic is a bad car, but I just wanted to bring up the point that this website is dedicated to. It's got a lot of sad stories about families that were destroyed because of one little bolt.

Well this is coming from a guy who likes cars from the 60s and 70s. If safety was my primary concern I would drive a Volvo.

No Boss said:
jetsetter said:
Well this is coming from a guy who likes cars from the 60s and 70s

confused.jpg
what are you talking about?

I was talking about myself. I ride around in 1500 lb 400 hp fiberglass bodied hotrods with no seat belts, motorcycles, etc. Safety is not my primary concern.

We had a debate about the Crown Vic thing a while back, and I believe there was an intensive study taht showed Crown Vics were actually much better at absorbing high-speed rear-end collisions than most cars - it was the "getting hit at a standstill by a car doing highway speeds" thing that did them in. I have no fear of getting rearended in my Grand Marquis.

Blind_Io said:

And lets not forget that many Police cars are powered by natural gas, which is stored in a propane-like tank in the rear of the car...

jetsetter said:
I was talking about myself. I ride around in 1500 lb 400 hp fiberglass bodied hotrods with no seat belts, motorcycles, etc. Safety is not my primary concern.

I'm guessing you don't have children or a significant other (wife, not g/f) if that's the case. When I was younger I was in the same boat, safety wasn't a concern for me either, but now after seeing several friend get hit by drunk drivers, and having more people I care about... somthing like a Volvo isn't a bad idea.

Mischief007 said:
Just because it is American it is automatically crap. I guess they have never driven a GTP Grand Prix.

<cough> front wheel drive <cough>

ya but all the alfas (new ones coming to the us) and saabs are FWD and people seem to like them here.

janstett said:
Mischief007 said:
Just because it is American it is automatically crap. I guess they have never driven a GTP Grand Prix.

<cough> front wheel drive <cough>
(torque steer)