Would you rather have a new Z06 or a second hand Ferrari 360

Would you rather have a new Z06 or a second hand Ferrari 360

• Total voters
youngwarrior said:
lol stuck up euro lovers. If Z06 drivers came to the UK we'd call em chavs or redneck chavs :lol:

It was never about gt3 vs z06 or if the z06 was a good car or not. It was about people coming in and saying OMG ZEE OH SIKS RULEZ OVAZ EVAREY TING!!!

Its funny how americans always telling us to grow up when theyre the ones whining for a lock, because they dont like what theyre reading and were not the ones who say OMG n00b or pwned. I mean comeon 13 year olds say that :roll:

Refer to me as an American again and Ill have to punch your e-face :lol:

IAmCanadian2.jpg

youngwarrior said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
youngwarrior said:
It was about people coming in and saying OMG ZEE OH SIKS RULEZ OVAZ EVAREY TING!!!

Izzat so? Hmm, I'm not sure where someone said the Z06 is the best car ever, I must have missed it. What I do know is that we've spent the last 8 pages saying how the Z06 is an absolute bargain with performance knocking on the doors of Ferraris and Porsches, while you've spent those 8 pages proving you're an idiot.

Some things never change, I guess.

Well how about you get your head out your ass and actually open your eyes.

Isnt it funny how americans always like to call people names and tell them theyre idiots or plain wrong when someone doesnt agree with them. And people wonder why your countries international relations are so bad.

Beserker is from Canada :roll: And stop generalizing. It proves your ignorance. You don't seem to be very observant, but does that mean your whole country is like that? I doubt it......

youngwarrior said:
Isnt it funny how americans always like to call people names and tell them theyre idiots or plain wrong ...
No, just you.

youngwarrior said:
Well how about you get your head out your ass and actually open your eyes.

Isnt it funny how americans always like to call people names and tell them theyre idiots or plain wrong when someone doesnt agree with them. And people wonder why your countries international relations are so bad.

:lmao: There's not much I have to say that hasn't been said here already.

Checking user location > you.

So come on. Show me some facts, and I mean ones I haven't torn to pieces already. You used to be entertaining, but now you're starting to bore me.

matt_shaw said:
You are aware of the name of the north American continent you live on, yes? something like "North America", which makes you... American??? maybe??

or overweight, or both ;)

BerserkerCatSplat said:
youngwarrior said:
Ok I was gonna do a separate thread to shutup the Z06 fanboys but I will just post some of it now.

Ive underlined the times of interest. As you can see the 996 GT3 beats the Z06 round the 'ring whilst having 120hp less. Also the 997TT beats it aswell, and it has alot more to give the magazine test driver claims, as it wasnt done in the best of conditions. The 997 GT3 time was done during the development of the car by porsche. They say the final version will be 8 secs faster than that. Thats a time of 7'39 and we havent even seen what the 997 GT3 RS can do. then look at the BMW M3 CSL time of 7'50, again 120 hp less over half the displacement and started life as a 4 door saloon and only 7 secs slower than the Z06.

So, in essence, you've proved that the cars that beat the Z06 are either 1) supercars that are way more expensive or 2) stripped-out racing versions of already quick cars (GT3) and still more expensive.

So, the real facts are this: If you want to go faster than a Z06, you have to either spend a ton of money on a supercar of some sort, or sacrifice all creature comforts and drive a race car. So, again, you've proved nothing other than the fact the Z06 is an incredible performance bargain. Who cares if the stripped-out, lightweight, and bloody expensive GT3 is slightly faster with less horsepower? It doesn't even have an interior at all - wow, I guess the Z06 does have a better interior than a European car! Imagine that!

Look at the standard C6 time. Its beaten by a 1700kg Audi RS4, again a car that started off life as a humble family car and has only got 14 extra horse but a higher centre of gravity and more weight. The RS4 time was also done in the winter unlike the vette times which were done in the heat of summer. Also the NSX-R beats it with a whopping 70 less horses.

We're not discussing the regular C6. But, while we're at it, do you know how much a NSX-R sold for?

$470,000!!

And it barely beats a bog standard Corvette? Pathetic! :lmao:

Then theres this about the ZO6 time. Feast your eyes on this.

http://img214.imageshack.**/img214/419/propaganda6jt.png

I'd be more inclined to give that image credit if the file name was something other than "propaganda6jt.png" Propaganda, eh?

All the other cars did theyre lap times whilst the public was on the track at the same time! GM had the track all to themselves!

So, you bang on about how GM should spend more money on developing engiens, yet when they spend money to have the facilities to properly tune the car's suspension, you criticize them! That reeks of hypocrisy and retardation.

GM also had a ex F1 driver piloting theyre car, so no excuses of him being a slow driver, infact he knows the nurburgring like the back of his hand.

...so? I fail to see the point of that comment, but whatever...

Also the Z06 wasnt stock. All other cars did theyre lap times whilst stock

What pieces on the car were not stock? What components were changed? The suspension was adjusted, not changed. The tires were changed, yes, but there's no info on what they were changed to.[i/] For all we know, they changed the tire profile very little.

So taking this into account the Z06 would have been atleast 8 secs slower than the lap time it posted, if they hadnt changed suspension settings, tyres and most importantly, whilst the public was on the track at the same time!

So, which bodily orifice did you pull "8 seconds" from? Who says they can't change suspension settings, that's a standard component of the Z06 and a fair advantage for the car. Are you saying the other manufacturers didn't change their adjustable suspension settings? I didn't think so.

Then also look at the time difference between the Z06 and standard C6. Are you really going to still say the Z06 can be used everyday? The Z06 is tuned for nothing other than the track, and because it does use such dated technology and doesnt have any special gadgets the only way GM got it to go that fast was through setting it up aggressively for the track, unlike M5 and E63's which use loads of technology to make theyre cars handle well and still ride decently.

So, using proven, reliable technology instead of complicated, breakdown-prone gadgets, is somehow a bad idea? And don't you dare say Ferraris and the like are reliable, you'll get laughed further off the forum than you already have been.

Need I remind you that the M5 and E36 are slower than the Z06?

So what have you Z06 dickriders have to say now? Even Z06 dedicated forums admitted defeat when presented with this info :mrgreen: :thumbsup: ZEE OH SIKS POWAH!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:lmao: Z06 forums admitted defeat to weaksauce shit like that? Bahahaha, riiight! You're pumping out bullshit faster than I thought you were able! I think you have to be breaking a stupidity limit somewhere.

So, again, we've proven two things here.

1) The Corvette Z06 is very fast. Faster than cars twice as expensive.

2) youngwarrior is still an asshat and insists on pulling supposed "facts" out of his ass. The real shame is that he's so obviously full of shit that nobody here is taking him seriously - but he doesn't seem to realize it.

Ok I shall now reply because for some silly little reason you seem to belive you have torn something to pieces :roll:

1. The BMW M5 delimited is 1 second slower than the Z06 in theory once taken into account that GMs time was done with no traffic on the track and suspension setup tuned for the ring (ie its not stock settings). And that a car that weighs more, has a higher centre of gravity and started life as a big 4 door saloon. And the M5 doesnt have body panels flying off it at 40mph, is comfortable and will hold its value well.

2. The GT3 is not stripped out. Its interior is much better than that of a Z06 and its daily use is just as crap (although americans seem to think its good) as the GT3. And the interior of the Z06 looks like that from a vauxhall corsa :lol: So yeah how wrong were you on the interior department.

996 GT3

interior_foto1.jpg

2006 Z06
112_detroitZ06_08_z.jpg

Corsa

50corsa_interior.jpg

3. Yeah but the NSX retail preice wasnt $460,000 was it. :roll: Its just a rare desirbale car, so I dont know why your comming up with such a stupid argument.

4. I named the file propaganda because like the american government, GM is good at that.

5. They tuned the corvettes suspension at the trackside, just so they could get a better lap time round the ring from it, and therefore a stock consumer Z06 will never achieve such a time. Bit misleading what GM were doing isnt it. Another stupid argument, your just clutching for straws now.

6. So no ones wastes theyre time with the, maybe hes not all that of a driver, argument.

7. Yes the suspension was adjusted, its no longer stock is it, so theyre misleading the customer in thinking they too if theyre skillful can achieve such a lap time.

8. The only other manufacturers that change suspension setups before going out on the 'ring are the small light super special cars, which are often not roadlegal anyway, and koenigsegg. But koenigsegg actively encourage customers to do so, as it very simple by just lifting the hood and a couple wrench turns theyre done. They say to soften the suspension of the way to the track and once your theyre to harden it up. The Z06 engineers would need various tools and ramps to adjust therye suspension. Also 8 seconds is very conservative, do you know how much the public would hold up a race driver on a hotlap, especially on such a long circuit as the 'ring. And I already told you were I got that figure from, some more selective reading on your part?
:mrgreen:

9. So are you telling me that lexus', bmw's ,porsches and VAG's are unreliable? Need I remind you that the M3's have next to know special gadgeteries for handling? Its just a brilliant chassis with fine tuning. And as for beating a delimited M5 by a second, thats nothing to bragg about is it, costs a little more than a Z06 has a better ride, interior, image and will hold its value all whilst seating 4. I wonder what delimited and M6 would do or the upcoming M6 CSL.

10. So we have proven this.

1) There are faster cars with alot less horsepower that are faster than the Z06.

2) There are faster cars with less horsepower that are cheaper than a Z06

3) There are faster cars with more horsepower that are alot faster than the Z06 for the same price ie ultima GTR.

4)There are faster cars than the Z06 with similiar horsepower that can seat 4 and has a decent boot and non redneck image.

5) For what it is the Z06 is no bargain as it has a crap interior, wont hold its value as well as its rivals, has body panels that fly off and is heavy.

6) That you obviously dont like hearing the truth that the Z06 isnt all that youve made it out to be.

Didn't we finish this argument two pages ago, youngwarrior?
youngwarrior said:
Ive always said from the start that the Z06 is a great/fast car.
And for the record, the 996 never was known for having a decent interior anyway. A comparison to the 997 would be more worthwhile.

youngwarrior said:
Ok I shall now reply because for some silly little reason you seem to belive you have torn something to pieces :roll:

1. The BMW M5 delimited is 1 second slower than the Z06 in theory once taken into account that GMs time was done with no traffic on the track and suspension setup tuned for the ring (ie its not stock settings). And that a car that weighs more, has a higher centre of gravity and started life as a big 4 door saloon. And the M5 doesnt have body panels flying off it at 40mph, is comfortable and will hold its value well.

So, BMW modifies it by removing the limiter, and you consider that to still be "Stock", yet Chevrolet tunes the adjustable suspension and you complain that it's been modified. Nice. And whose "theory" makes the Z06 8 seconds slower? Oh, yes, I believe you said it was "magazines." Nice and vague and therfore completely irellevant.

So, the M5 is 10 seconds slower, fatter, and much more expensive - I fail to see why you're banging on about it. It's not exactly a performance bargain.

2. The GT3 is not stripped out. Its interior is much better than that of a Z06 and its daily use is just as crap (although americans seem to think its good) as the GT3. And the interior of the Z06 looks like that from a vauxhall corsa :lol: So yeah how wrong were you on the interior department.

I wouldn't say the interior in a GT3 is all that good - the press photo you pictured was very nice, but was done with special lighting to enhance the looks. Here's a picture of ti in the real world:

Porsche-GT3-Interior-pic-23-184559.jpg

It's a mass of grey plastic, and it's honestly nothing to write home about.

3. Yeah but the NSX retail preice wasnt $460,000 was it. :roll: Its just a rare desirbale car, so I dont know why your comming up with such a stupid argument.

As far as I can tell, the retail price of the NSX-R was $460,000. Supercars.net is the only place I can find that lists the price, so I'm going with that.

4. I named the file propaganda because like the american government, GM is good at that.

...what? You were doing better, don't get all tinfoil-hat on me here.

5. They tuned the corvettes suspension at the trackside, just so they could get a better lap time round the ring from it, and therefore a stock consumer Z06 will never achieve such a time. Bit misleading what GM were doing isnt it. Another stupid argument, your just clutching for straws now.

Wrong. The Z06's suspension is very easy to adjust - a couple of hand tools it all that's required to adjust it, and some people have even managed to adjust it without even jacking up the car. So, yes a consumer Z06 could achieve that very same time with a little effort from the owner. That's the beauty of fully adjustable suspensions.

6. So no ones wastes theyre time with the, maybe hes not all that of a driver, argument.

I don't think anyone was going to argue that, come on.

7. Yes the suspension was adjusted, its no longer stock is it, so theyre misleading the customer in thinking they too if theyre skillful can achieve such a lap time.

You really don't understand the difference between "adjustable" and "modified" suspension, do you? Do some research and get back to me.

8. The only other manufacturers that change suspension setups before going out on the 'ring are the small light super special cars, which are often not roadlegal anyway, and koenigsegg. But koenigsegg actively encourage customers to do so, as it very simple by just lifting the hood and a couple wrench turns theyre done. They say to soften the suspension of the way to the track and once your theyre to harden it up. The Z06 engineers would need various tools and ramps to adjust therye suspension. Also 8 seconds is very conservative, do you know how much the public would hold up a race driver on a hotlap, especially on such a long circuit as the 'ring.

I can garuntee you that any manufacturer that tracks a car on the Ring that has adjustable suspension will adjust it to the track - it's the whole point of having adjustable suspension. As mentioned before, the Z06 suspension is very easy to adjust as well.

From the on-track videos I've seen, the cars are so well-spaced that it would be pretty tough to lose 8 full seconds in traffic. The video where the Radical set the lap record, I think he passed maybe 2 cars which didn't hold him up at all.

9. So are you telling me that lexus', bmw's ,porsches and VAG's are unreliable? Need I remind you that the M3's have next to know special gadgeteries for handling? Its just a brilliant chassis with fine tuning. And as for beating a delimited M5 by a second, thats nothing to bragg about is it, costs a little more than a Z06 has a better ride, interior, image and will hold its value all whilst seating 4. I wonder what delimited and M6 would do or the upcoming M6 CSL.

Lexus isn't exactly a sports car maker, BMW's quality has gone to shit in recent years, Porsche has suffered as well, and VAG overall is quite poor.

The M5 isn't a "little" more expensive, it's $25,000 more than the Z06. That's a lot more expensive. It's 10 seconds slower around the Ring even with the limiter removed, not one second - look at the list you posted. Those are the hard numbers, not some vague 8-second penalty that some "magazine" came up with.

Hard numbers > bench racing.

10. So we have proven this.

1) There are faster cars with alot less horsepower that are faster and much more expensive than the Z06.

2) There are faster cars with less horsepower that are cheaper and much slower than a Z06

3) There are faster cars with more horsepower that are alot faster than the Z06 for the same price ie ultima GTR. Thay are known a "trackday cars" and are much less useable on the road than the Z06.

4)There are faster cars than the Z06 with similiar horsepower that can seat 4 and has a decent boot and non redneck image. Which one? Are you going on about the M5 again? Reality check time, it's slower than the Corvette, has less power, and weighs a thousand pounds more!

5) For what it is the Z06 is no bargain as it has a crap interior, wont hold its value as well as its rivals, has body panels that fly off and is heavy.

Nice. The interior is perfectly acceptable (go up and look at the rather ugly GT3 interior I posted again), few if any people buy sports cars based on resale value (You really can't predict depreciation of a low-production car, anyway, and your predictions are the last ones I would trust), the body panels thing was blown out of proportion by people like you, and the Z06 is not heavy. Not by a long shot.

6) That you obviously dont like hearing the truth that the Z06 isnt all that youve made it out to be.

It's exactly what I've made it out to be. It's powerful, light, and extremely fast for the price. It's an incredible performance bargain. End of story. You can deny it all you want, but the numbers, even the ones you have posted, make it clear.

astroboymoto said:
matt_shaw said:
You are aware of the name of the north American continent you live on, yes? something like "North America", which makes you... American??? maybe??

If you have ever come to this continent, you know Canada and the US are two very very different places.

No Boss said:
astroboymoto said:
matt_shaw said:

If you have ever come to this continent, you know Canada and the US are two very very different places.

Not really that different.....Some of the Northern areas of the US are very similiar. I live right next to the Canadian border here in Michigan. Canadians and Americans go across the border like it's not even there.

jeffy777 said:
No Boss said:
astroboymoto said:
matt_shaw said:

Not really that different.....Some of the Northern areas of the US are very similiar. I live right next to the Canadian border here in Michigan. Canadians and Americans go across the border like it's not even there.

I haven't been to Canada in a long time, but last time I was there it was a fantasy world of cleanliness and friendly people.

No Boss said:
jeffy777 said:
No Boss said:
astroboymoto said:
matt_shaw said:

I haven't been to Canada in a long time, but last time I was there it was a fantasy world of cleanliness and friendly people.

Well, I'm not saying it's not, but it's a big country and there's a lot of variety. The same is true within the U.S.....

When you compare where I live to Southern California for instance, it's more like Canada here than the U.S.

youngwarrior said:
A bunch of random BS...

I wasn't going to respond but...

Shut up with the runing the track themselves. All the major players in the Auto industry have bases at the track, and I seriously doubt they do ALL their testing ONLY when the track is open to the public.

Second: stop using "theoretically" and "if it was..." because they haven't actually, and aren't. An M5 may very well be able to time faster than a z06 or a carrera GT, but one simple fact remains...it's all speculation.

I think I can get on a 15 speed bike and strap a rocket to my back Looney-tunes style and break the all time record, therefore that bike is the fastest thing around nurburgring by your standards.

thedguy said:
youngwarrior said:
A bunch of random BS...

I wasn't going to respond but...

Shut up with the runing the track themselves. All the major players in the Auto industry have bases at the track, and I seriously doubt they do ALL their testing ONLY when the track is open to the public.

Second: stop using "theoretically" and "if it was..." because they haven't actually, and aren't. An M5 may very well be able to time faster than a z06 or a carrera GT, but one simple fact remains...it's all speculation.

I think I can get on a 15 speed bike and strap a rocket to my back Looney-tunes style and break the all time record, therefore that bike is the fastest thing around nurburgring by your standards.

Acutally you are wrong. My rocket powered skateboard has a much lower center of gravity and is plagued by many less theoretical mechanical problems. It is by far the fastest thing around the 'ring.

Also, why does the roof flying off the Corvette keep coming up?
1) It is delamination, not coming off. The symptoms are merely "a snapping noise when driving over bumps, wind noise, poor roof panel fit, roof panel movement/bounce when a door or hatch is closed, or a water leak in the headliner." An inconvenience, and certainly a build flaw someone should get in trouble for, but not actually a problem, and certainly not dangerous.

2) It doesn't apply to the Z06. The Z06 has a separately designed magnesium roof frame that the normal 'vette doesn't have. Noone has reported (as far as I know), a Z06 roof delaminating. If you are trying to hold an argument about a car, please at least argue about that car.

You will be ejected from the skateboard the moment you hit a pebble, I won't on my bike.

The roof problem does apply to the z06, there was a post or 2 about it on the vette forums. On the post I saw about it the roof had panel had come up and folded over twards the back. I can't remember, but I thought it was only a problem with the black cars, if thats the case then it was merely something in the black paint.

GM is working on the problem, and from what I gather it's not all that many cars, probably just manufacturing tolerances/pieces that should be left for scrap.

Honestly if I bought one I'd either have the fiberglass strengthened right there, or the magnesium roof riveted or bolted in some how. Assuming GM doesn't fix it.

For gods sake, stop it. You might not notice it, but you guys are making fools of yourselves.

Fanboyism is as stupid as anti-Corvetteism.

a word about the interior. Ive sat in both a 996 911, 996 GT3, 997 911 Carrera S, C6 and C6 Z06. None of them have what i'd call a "nice looking" interior.
However, as far as interiors go, the Porsches were better than the Vettes. While the Porsches' interiors dont look all that great, they feel pretty solid and well made. the seats are more comfortable as well.
The C6 just has a poor interior, but the Z06 can be excused because its a lot more hardcore. You'd never know from sitting in either the C6 or the Z06, that you are sitting in a car that costs 50-70K. The seats are pretty good in both of these cars, but i actually prefer the seats in the stock Carrera over both of them.

Un-Dee said:
For gods sake, stop it. You might not notice it, but you guys are making fools of yourselves.

Fanboyism is as stupid as anti-Corvetteism.

Uh-huh. Maybe you don't quite understand, but we were merely insulting youngwarrior, and defending the vette. It may supprise you to find that I'm not much of a fan of the vette, doesn't mean I don't have respect for it.

youngwarrior said:
lol stuck up euro lovers. If Z06 drivers came to the UK we'd call em chavs or redneck chavs :lol:

It was never about gt3 vs z06 or if the z06 was a good car or not. It was about people coming in and saying OMG ZEE OH SIKS RULEZ OVAZ EVAREY TING!!!

Its funny how americans always telling us to grow up when theyre the ones whining for a lock, because they dont like what theyre reading and were not the ones who say OMG n00b or pwned. I mean comeon 13 year olds say that :roll:

We ask for a lock because it's the same old BS with you guys, and the same responses from those defending the vette.

The Vette arguement is old, tired, and needs to be retired.