Can someone explain to me why anyone wants to vote for McCain/Palin?

Yeah its absolutely outrageous, they found some stupid people on a public street... in Harlem.

I bet you could do that same thing on Harvard, Stanford, or just about any place in the USA and find similar results. My big problem with the stupidity heard in those cuts is that these people might actually VOTE!!!! I truly hope they really are not as clueless as they sounded here, but if they are not, we are doomed.

I bet you could do that same thing on Harvard, Stanford, or just about any place in the USA and find similar results. My big problem with the stupidity heard in those cuts is that these people might actually VOTE!!!! I truly hope they really are not as clueless as they sounded here, but if they are not, we are doomed.

I know it's an impossible venture, but I've always been a proponent of weighting voter counts based on intelligence. Put a little quiz on each ballot, and adjust the "weight" of each vote cast based on the score.

One can only imagine... ;)

You can only hope that the number of ppl who put the wellbeing of others and the community as a whole in front of their personal one will outnumber those who do not.

There have been stupid people as long as there are humans, and they were allowed to vote as long as there was democracy. Life will go on.

Gargoyles!

Last edited:
Is there any other place I can get that clip? My work is blocking it
I will upload a zip version for you, same address but .zip instead of mp3

[youtube]vFC9jv9jfoA[/youtube]

This is to me quite impressive.

The thing I worry most about if (hopefully) Obama gets elected, is that he will be assassinated.

Last edited:
Sarah Palin has run up $150,000 of the GOP's money on new clothes for the campaign trail.

And we thought Kerry's $400 haircuts were bad!

^ Dang, Joe Six Pack could have bought a lot of, uh, six packs for $150,000.

Sarah Palin has run up $150,000 of the GOP's money on new clothes for the campaign trail.

And we thought Kerry's $400 haircuts were bad!

Both sides have spend huge amounts of money on the election. Obama even has his own channel on satellite.

Both sides have spend huge amounts of money on the election. Obama even has his own channel on satellite.

Sure. Thing about election spending, generally, though, is it's about getting your message across - through adverts, or through your own channel (which is basically a 24/7 advert, and who the heck would watch that?).

Spending $150,000 on clothes though - during economic bad times - doesn't look that 'in touch' with Joe Sixpack. I'm no fashion expert, but I don't understand how you have to spend almost $3,000 per day in new clothes to look good.

Then again, I don't recall seeing 'clothes expenditure' for McCain, Biden or Obama, presumably as it's not out in the public domain.

This is to me quite impressive.

The thing I worry most about if (hopefully) Obama gets elected, is that he will be assassinated.
Same here, I found that very impressive, Obama took the time to explain his policies, why he had chosen them and how they benefit people. He didn't shout down Joe's argument or say he was wrong, he simply explained where he was coming from, something thats been missing from Britains leaders for a long time.

Obama never made as irritatingly huge a deal on trying to connect with rural, "real" America and being portrayed as "one of them" beer-drinking everyday folks, like everything that oozes out of Sarah Palin's speeches. Do "real Americans" spend 3 times the average salary on brand-name clothing? :rolleyes:

Give me a break. McCain spends thousands on robo-calls harrassing random families on blown-out accusations of terrorism because he knew this dude who knew some dude. I'd rather tune myself out of a satellite channel than being called at dinner by some computer about how Obama's going to blow people up with his old chum Ayers.

Both campaigns have reached the point of ridiculousness. 2 weeks just can't come fast enough.

Couldn't agree with you more, Blake. I'm ready for this election to be over.

Ironically, Obama seems to be the one actually connecting with "average" people, with tax cuts and universal health care. If McCain says "my friends" one more time, I'm going to shove a baseball down his throat.

Couldn't agree with you more, Blake. I'm ready for this election to be over.

Ironically, Obama seems to be the one actually connecting with "average" people, with tax cuts and universal health care. If McCain says "my friends" one more time, I'm going to shove a baseball down his throat.

Same with respect to Obama if I hear "hope" or "change".

I do hope that universal heath care dies an early death. A government program of that size will not work. And no pointing to smaller countries, different circumstances.