Random Thoughts....

I have an interview this afternoon, meant as part of an assessment for getting into a course next year. I've done plenty of job and assessment-type interviews over the last couple of years but these damn things don't seem to be getting any easier. I have to kinda sell myself and explain exactly why I want to be in the Children's Services industry and go through all these observational activities they've made us applicants do. Eeek! I'm nervous as hell. :(
:D Congrats ahpadt! And good luck with the interview Zesty, having to whore yourself in an interview is never pleasant. The others are probably just as nervous so if you pretend to be confident you'll really freak them out :)

I'm just about to start my last week at my current job, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D Next week I'll be a corporate drone, I can't wait! :lol:

Whoa, scary! 22 year old pink named australians with Honda Jazz VTi-S's posting in a row :blink:

I just watched Dr. Phil and they were discussing the use of the N- word and i saw that Paul Mooney is a racist.

^ You watch Dr. Phil?

He's so fucking annoying... wish him and Orpah would go off to some deserted island never to return.

^ You watch Dr. Phil?

He's so fucking annoying... wish him and Orpah would go off to some deserted island never to return.

I don't usually watch it but i was changing channels and i came across the debate of that word and i started to watch it. Dr Phil barely said anything actually.

Here's something I noticed while playing Half-Life 2...

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/11/10/hl2wankel.jpg

Does Valve have at least one Wankel enthusiast among them?

huh... thats pretty awesome actually.

EDIT: so i am toatally illegally using the computer in the clubhouse of the property i am currently guarding and they have parental controls turned on for the internet and seriously it chooses the most random shit to block.... i fucking hate vista and all it's bullshit

Last edited:
Dr Phil barely said anything actually.

Gooood! His voice is the most annoying thing about him... really though, I have no sympathy for people who claim to be some kind of helpful guru while they're making millions of dollars off it.

For instance my mom thinks Oprah is a saint... anytime I say something bad about her she comes in with this "do you know how much she has done for poor kids in Africa?" And I say then why does she have over a billion dollars to her name?

There's lots of rich people with more money than her, but those people at least don't claim to be some kind of larger than life samaritan.

Ooh, that's a pretty long and off topic rant. Here's a funny video to make up for it:

[YOUTUBE]rQBqRxoSvqs[/YOUTUBE]

wish [Dr. Phil] and Orpah would go off to some deserted island never to return.

No...don't wish for that...the two of them? Alone on a deserted island? They might breed.

After which, Oprah would eat Dr Phil's head, as is customary with the females from her home planet.

I had no sleep last night and ended up getting out of bed at 5am or so to play GTR2 for a while. Feeling like crap, I sculled down a coffee, had a couple of bits of toast and headed off to uni at about 8. For the next three and a half hours I sat through my class's presentations (groups of two to three people standing at the front of the room talking about sports and leisure issues in Australia for 20 minutes or so). Dullest shit ever, especially when you have two groups discussing the same damn topic in a row. Not only that but most groups felt it would be clever and innovative (something like that) to throw in some Youtube videos. Most of these generally had nothing to do with the topic, were boring, pixellated beyond belief, and served as nothing more than a total waste of time. Yet people persisted. It was especially annoying because last week when my group presented, we deliberately avoided showing any videos, and in a quiet few words with the lecturer he said we made the right move because he hates videos for the reasons I posted above.

A decade later, the class finished (for some of us, it was actually the final class of uni ever...not me unfortunately) and after a beer and some pizza I headed home. I tried going to bed for a bit, but despite being on the verge of falling into a coma during uni, annoyingly by the time I got home I was feeling awake again. Actually, I dont, my eyes hurt, and I can't really think coherently but no matter what I try I just cant fall asleep. So in conclusion this day sucks. There. :p

Had my I.T exam earlier, went from 3-5:15pm (5:47pm right now) but it was so easy, was out of there in an hour.

Yeah!

Bring on legal studies and history now hahaha, dear god...

^Good luck with those mate.

I think my stupid interview went okay, they said I was one of the few people who bothered writing up any reflections from the childcare centre observation activities we had to do, so hopefully that counts in my favour. I have to wait until January to know anything, however, when the Uni / TAFE offers come out. Damn that's gonna feel like forever.

They biggest problem i had with uni was that i had all the time in the world, but no money to do anything cool with that time. Now i have a lot less time and a lot more money, but they're kinda balanced right now.

and after a beer and some pizza I headed home.
How is Australian pizza? Is it like the original thin very tomatoey pizza that comes from italy and is sold in Germany?
Or is it like the bastardisation that is a New York Pizza, or even a chicago pizza, and you can get at some chains like domino in the UK? Greasy as hell, and with lots of cheese.

Not that I mean bastardisation in a bad way.... I'd kill for a New York pizza right now....:drool:

How is Australian pizza? Is it like the original thin very tomatoey pizza that comes from italy and is sold in Germany?
Or is it like the bastardisation that is a New York Pizza, or even a chicago pizza, and you can get at some chains like domino in the UK? Greasy as hell, and with lots of cheese.

Not that I mean bastardisation in a bad way.... I'd kill for a New York pizza right now....:drool:

You can get both

Same here in Canada... you can get the Americanized version like Pizza Hut and the 'rustic' types. And I think both have their time and place, sometimes you just want the greasy stuff.

^Good luck with those mate.

I think my stupid interview went okay, they said I was one of the few people who bothered writing up any reflections from the childcare centre observation activities we had to do, so hopefully that counts in my favour. I have to wait until January to know anything, however, when the Uni / TAFE offers come out. Damn that's gonna feel like forever.

Don't stress Zesty, I thought I completely bombed out in my interview and ended up getting the job; it probably went better than you think :)

And random: My boyfriend and I saw Burn After Reading tonight, which I HIGHLY recommend. It's funny and a bit of a clusterfuck all at the same time.

Depends, really. Pizza Hut tends to be pretty bland, Dominos is plain rubbish, Pizza Haven can be okay, but the independent pizza shops are the best places to go. I have no idea what true Italian pizzas are like, having never been to Italy. Nor do I know what New York pizzas are like. The bloke who runs my local pizza shop is very much Italian and he just piles the topping on with loads of sauce. Brilliant.

Cobol74 said:
Good luck all you uni dudes - social side great - exams sucky suck. ...

Thankyou. Only have the one exam on Tuesday 18th for marketing. Still have a 2000 word Leisure in Australia report due on Friday, as well as a 10 minute presentation and another report detailing my placement which I've done over the past eight months. Not too difficult, just finding the motivation is the issue! Then its a short break, and straight back into it over December/January, then (all going well) the final run home over the first six months of next year.