Just how many Top Gear do you have on you HD?

spot101

Just like the title says, how many episodes of Top Gear you have on your HD, well I have about 24.2 Gb on mine, thats all of season 10, 11, 12, 13, and the current episodes of the current season, plus s6e11, and s9e5, and truthfully, I'm running out of space here...

Every episode of the new format. I don't watch season 1 very much but still watch the other ones a lot.

I've got all episodes and nearly everything else that features one of the three. 211GB in total.

Ive got every episode of the new series. All the Car DVD's but sadly none of the other presenters work. I dont have enough space on my laptop, which is why I need to buy an external HD. But all in all I think its close to 85 gigs. I dont like having to make the decision between which albums to keep or which shows. Inevitably though the shows lose. I think 2Tb could tide me over for a year or two.

My Top Gear folder is currently 87.3GB. That's without the 1080 rips of the current season as I haven't downloaded those yet.

hmm well I have the Polar Special in HD, All of Series 14 so far, the rest are Standard Def, I do have all of the episodes of the 2002 format, accept for Season 5 Episode 5. With the smart forfour challenge I think. Thats all I'm missing :p, its all running through Plex on my Mac mini media centre and connected to my samsung display its great :p. I think its about 68GB in total

Last edited:
Actually, disregard my previous post. After looking I realized the Top Gear folder was missing most of Series 3. Upon fixing that, the folder totals 89.6GB; but that also includes some of Jeremy's DVDs which total 9.17GB, factor that out and I've got 80.43GB of Top Gear. :?

All from the new format, a few of the older ones as well as the extra's they did (polar special etc.). Just over 100gb.

I've only 11-13 complete, got a few eps of S10 and of the current series and I even got a episode from Old TG when they were celebrating 21 years on TV. And that's it.

edit: Wait, I've got to mention Top Gear Russia (not that it's anything to shout about), got the first 8 episodes so far.

Last edited:
On the hard drive, currently, just the first three episodes of S14. However, I have Series 4-10, 12, and some of 13 burned to DVD.

Series 1 through 14 of the current format. Series 1 through 3 are both BBC Prime and SBS while Series 4 onwards are BBC2. Series 14 I have in SD, 720p HD and 1080i HD. I also have rips of the DVDs and the Polar Special Blu-Ray (I've also purchased the titles available for retail sale) plus bloopers, outtakes and advertisements. All total, that is 130GB.

I also have Series 7, 11 and 12 via iTunes - that is another 15GB.

I've bought, but not ripped, the Series 10 DVD box set.

I have both seasons of Top Gear Australia - 10GB.

I have the first eight episodes of Top Gear Russia - 5GB.

I have rips of all of JC's DVDs (along with physical media I have purchased) along with Richard's latest - 15GB.

So that's 180 gigabytes

Last edited:
All episodes of the current format of TGUK, all episodes of TGAU and a few random videos related to Top Gear such as the Stars in fast cars one off ep. Total size is 64 gb including 3 720p HD episodes (havent downloaded 14 ep 3 in HD yet.)

Last edited:
83.5GB on my NAS at the moment, and probably have a few more GB burned on DVD somewhere.