Test Drive Unlimited 2: Wanna get dirty?

Not a single Mazda..

Well, I guess I was wrong. Just received the official Atari newsletter and it confirms - 91 cars from 31 different manufacturers.

I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS CRAP! At least not until they add all the TDU1 cars via DLC.

5 different Veyrons, 5 Zondas, 5 Camaros...what is the point???

I will not be buying it before my demands are met, and they are:

http://img710.imageshack.**/img710/7383/20101224213412.jpg

Last edited:
I still do not believe that is the full list. I refuse to accept that they would miss so many cars.

No BMWs either. No Porsches, although there are RUFs. No way that's the full list.

BMW and Porsche both have their licenses exclusive to EA. Aside from GT and Forza, you'd be hard pressed to find them in non EA games.

Not to mention leave out a major manufacturer that was in the first game.

I imagine you mean Lamborghini. Well I read somewhere on the TDU2 forums that Ferrari and Lamborghini licenses had become so expensive that the choice was either one or the other. I would've personally preferred Lamborghini, but Ferrari is probably much more recognized among non-petrolheads.

However, I'm not trying by any means to defend that list, and I'm very disappointed to see a lot of essential cars left out.

It's official - there will never be any Lamborghinis in TDU2.
Proof from Atari

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

(I just canceled my pre-order)

Why leave out Maserati though? They aren't all that famous outside the car world so I can't imagine them being too expensive.

Veyron, Veyron, Veyron!!! :cool:

Pre-order from play.com is Vantage Carbon.

They're almost certainly leaving some stuff out for a future DLC. Maseratis could be among that.

I would hate it if they did that, it's like saying pay ?50 now and get half a game, you can pay for the rest of the game later.
They should release a full game and only release DLC to make it more awesome.

I would hate it if they did that, it's like saying pay ?50 now and get half a game, you can pay for the rest of the game later.

It depends. Free DLC is exhempt from this rule. Otherwise, I agree.

I don't think any buyer would like it, but magazine reviews have mentioned car brands which are missing from the official car list, such as Saleen, Maserati, and even Lamborghini (Although they might've modeled the Lamborghinis before running into the licensing cost issues). Plus, TDU1 worked in a similar way. First they had the game, and then the megapack DLC with 45 cars and a bike for an extra $10 or so. They also released two extra cars for free in patch 1.66A though, so maybe some free DLCs will be offered.

One of the original promotional shots had a lot of cars parked on a beach, one of them was my favorite - the Countach. But as we can see, it is not in the full game. With TDU1 we knew they were going to add it (and the rest) with DLC, it was just a matter of time. With TDU2, things are looking bleak. Yes, there will be DLC, but the inclusion of Lamborghini is highly unlikely.