Gran Turismo 5

I was about to go around begging for a Toyota 7 for B-Spec when all of a sudden I did Like the Wind and won a Toyota 7; Result!

Gtplanet's homepage mentions pikes might just be happening via dlc :)

If that's the one thats at Deep Forest and Cote d'Azur, yeah that one is hard. Make sure when you start both of those races that there isnt a Toyota 7 or Chapparel 2J starting in the first 3 spots. I dont remember how I beat Deep Forest, but on Cote d'Azur completely max out the car's horsepower, crank the downforce to maximum, set the top speed to ~250 km/h. Keep him below 80% on the mood meter in the bottom half of the track (tunnel to the last corner before the start//finish straight) and keep him hot or on overtake on the rest of the track. That series takes a shitload of patience and luck.

Last edited:
My main B-spec driver is a complete nonce at overtaking on a corner. He gets the line right, everythings going well, overtake command is on and all he has to do to complete the manoeuvre is to floor it out of the corner. So what does he do when you would expect him to accelerate? He brakes. Other car sails ahead, same thing occurs over and over until a straight usually. My second driver is much better in this respect. Although on the supercar trophy race, I gave him an 88C so he could get it over with and level up, and he goes well, even not braking much on Daytona, but when he is about to lap a Corvette Stingray, doing 360km/h vs. 210km/h, even with overtake enabled on a straight, he doesn't just blast past him, but slows down to his speed and sits behind him for the rest of the race. That drove me insane.

What level is he? Mine both drove me ****ing bananas until they were ~level 20, but they actually arent too bad now at 27 and 24. They still do some stupid shit but they can win races a lot easier now.

Has anyone else driven the Formula GT with a pad? Fucking undrivable taken to a whole new level. I remember the Polyphony001 in GT3 was somewhat drivable even with a pad but no matter if I max out TC and downforce and no matter what kind of brake bias I use this is simply undrivable. I drove a couple of laps around Fuji and was slower than my B-Spec driver when he did the race...

Try the skid recovery, it should work very good when you're using a pad.

Has anyone else driven the Formula GT with a pad? Fucking undrivable taken to a whole new level. I remember the Polyphony001 in GT3 was somewhat drivable even with a pad but no matter if I max out TC and downforce and no matter what kind of brake bias I use this is simply undrivable. I drove a couple of laps around Fuji and was slower than my B-Spec driver when he did the race...

I found it undrivable with the stock tuning. I got these settings off GTPlanet, and it make all the difference in the world.

downforce max/max
diff 15/20/15
ride height -5/0
spring rate 16.4/17.5
damper ext 6/8
damper comp 5/7
anti roll 5/7
camber -2.5/-1.5
toe -0.25/-0.15
trans 249
brakes 4/1

It actually handles very nicely now. And thats without Skid Force Recovery (TC and ABS set to 1, all other aids off).

Last edited:
I did a few of the Formula GT races with pad, aids off, almost default setup (slightly less wing and longer gearing)... There was a lot of shortshifting involved (basically never using 1st or 2nd and generally avoiding 3rd as well) and one needs to avoid situations where countersteering is needed like the plague but with those in mind the car was actually quite driveable. I won the Indy road course and got fifth in Fuzi.

Couldn't be bothered to finish Cote d'Azur, though, after losing over half a minute over first few laps... They really need to add the possibility to practice during a championship so that you can set the car up and find the braking points before starting the race. Not having that is really annoying in the championships...

That's what I was on, B-spec Bob seems to despise NASCAR, Daytona is impossible to win.

I was doing that, I won the championship though so whatever, he only managed 7th at Daytona, I only managed 12th because they flipped me so whatever!

I now have all the Race Modified cars, this is the type of thing that happens when I have money, I go on a spending spree. I got to B-spec level 24 and the Dream Car championship is the best way to get money, ever. A million credits in a little over 45 minutes due to rain. I've bought an R10, 787B, Formula GT, and all those cars to race mod them, I now have 300K.

Last edited:
I found it undrivable with the stock tuning. I got these settings off GTPlanet, and it make all the difference in the world.

Thanks, I'll try those out. What I find difficult is that you can't correct your line at all while cornering (I drive with the "arrow" controls). In most cars you can use some throttle or brake while holding the arrow down to slightly correct your line but that always unsettles the Formula GT. Not to mention the time lost in acceleration without TC.

Doing the dream car championship today...the driver of the 350Z concept lm race car: k.Flynn....hell yea!