Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

You need to work hard to get a job at Mcdonalds now? From what I have seen over here they have started hiring the mentally challenged.....

I smell Trololololollololol

Picked up half my master's degree on thursday :dance:

...the other half needs me to do a pile of German Bureaucracy? first.

This made me laugh. My sleeping roommates do not appreciate. But congrats!

For example, I need a signature from the maths & computer science library to verify that I do not have any books borrowed from them... trouble is, as a student you're not even allowed to take any books away from there, only read/copy them in there :no:

For example, I need a signature from the maths & computer science library to verify that I do not have any books borrowed from them... trouble is, as a student you're not even allowed to take any books away from there, only read/copy them in there :no:

That's funny, they let me gradute with more than 20 bucks of unpaid fees for overdue library books without any hassle. I was surprised how easy it was to get out of uni, actually. You pass your final exams, a few weeks later your certficate is in the mail and at the end of the semester you get a computer-generated letter that confirms you dropped out of university, "graduation" stated as the reason.

They don't care about the central library :lol: these are all computer science related signatures.

Also, due to slowness of the German Bureaucracy, I already got the letter that kicked me out as of March 31st...

Congrats narf!

Once upon a time, I had to wait more than half a year for my "Vordiplom" (for the foreigners: before Bachelor/Master, that was kind of the halfway mark when studying in Germany (for the Germans: I know, that's simplified :p)). And then I had to return it because there were errors on it. A friend of mine waited for his more than two years. And all because when we started studying new examination regulations were introduced, and they required the certificates to be adjusted. Not that the university had two years to do that before the first students achieved Vordiplom status... oh no, of course not. :rolleyes:

:lol:

My examination regulations state that they have to give me my degree papers within four weeks after passing the last exam. Depending on your definition of passing, that was either late December when I handed it in or early February when my prof was done grading it... since then it's more four months than four weeks. I don't care though, I don't need the paperwork anyways :D

I am one week away from finishing college. 2 more exams.

five years of school for a BA in History

I am so excited/terrified right now

My Bhangra team just won its first ever first place in competition. Mind you, it was a small comp, but it was still a big deal to us.
Here's a video of our performance. I'm the conspicuously large white guy in the back looking somewhat out of place.

I am one week away from finishing college. 2 more exams.

five years of school for a BA in History

Congratulations! I'll prepare a cardboard box for you under the bridge where we all live. :lol:

After a 5 year descend into madness at work, I decided to have a lil' quarter life crisis.
So starting September I will be taking a much needed 6 months leave to clear my mind and go on a 'round the world trip.

Just finished my senior honors thesis three minutes ago. Now to go tell facebook.