Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Chrysler backfire: ;)

http://img220.imageshack.**/img220/8861/kopiavbanii316eu7.jpg

Actually, it's not a "500" H just an Shelby GT-H. Has just over 300hp. Ford owns Hertz, and this is a redo of something they did in the 60's with a special edition just for Hertz. You can buy them at auctions after the cars had a certain number of miles of service, but you could only rent them from certain airport locations, and in theory, only if you were visiting from out of town...no local residents.

Some rich kid, but at least he/she's got brains!!

I guess he/she's not THAT rich afterall!! :p

Chrysler backfire: ;)

http://img220.imageshack.**/img220/8861/kopiavbanii316eu7.jpg

Ooo! Luxury! I think not :lol:

Why bother spending so much (because of your taxes) on something so bad? :lol::rolleyes:

They have been trying to sell it for 6 months now..... and still no dice.

It's a 2004 with 33k Km/s on the clock, and they are asking 80.000 USD.

NSX......on the way back from school spotted this with my phone...nothing special but....it's an NSX~~~
AcuraNSX17.jpg

How do you guys manage to take pictures while your driving in a city, I saw my dream car, a crimson Gallardo and it was right aheard of me but I never seem to have a camera in hand, what are your guys' stratagies?

sometimes when I go out I have the camera around my neck at the ready, if I see something I just flip it on and shoot in the general direction and hope something comes out OK.

I caught this while driving thru a parking garage on my way out from lunch:
Picture%20090.jpg

just stuck it out the window and snapped a couple.

A whole hell of a lot more than Chrysler has sold of the Crossfire. The old SLK might not have been a good car but they're not that rare around here.

Look how well the previous generation SLK sold.

A whole hell of a lot more than Chrysler has sold of the Crossfire. The old SLK might not have been a good car but they're not that rare around here.

Yea that was my point, just because the car is less than great doesn't mean people won't buy it.

How do you guys manage to take pictures while your driving in a city, I saw my dream car, a crimson Gallardo and it was right aheard of me but I never seem to have a camera in hand, what are your guys' stratagies?

=

volvo.JPG

Greetings, lip ;)

do you set your cam take pics every few seconds or is it just a cap from a video? how much video/how many pics on one tape? how long does your battery last?

do you set your cam take pics every few seconds or is it just a cap from a video? how much video/how many pics on one tape? how long does your battery last?

The cam has a 3MP photo funktion. Good for some decent pics like the one above. Stored on a 1GB Memory Stick. Room for around 630 pics. But normally I just let the video tape run on my way to work and back (Autobahn, 2x40min), the standard battery can manage that with one charge. But I can reload or use the cam directly over the car battery as well with a 7,5 Volt adaptor. I use 80min DV-tapes in longplay mode = 120min/tape.

Sometimes on longer journeys the cam runs the whole time in 1pic/sec intervall mode. Makes about 3min of interesting speedy film out of 1 hour, but still everything can be rewatched, because with the cam settings in sports mode every videocap out of it is crisp and clear.

The velcro attachement is very strong, and the cam was still on its place after an emergency full stop I had to do some time ago out of 70km/h. But the cam can be picked up or rotated with one hand. Sometimes the cheapest solutions are also the best.

Positive side effect:
No problems anymore with left lane huggers on almost empty autobahns or tailgaters in heavy traffic. As soon as the very visible cam is spotted, every attempt of road rage around my car always ends magically. Classic. :D

20070428cam.jpg

Greetings, lip

I would also employ my camera to do the same thing, but I dont see anything worth it often enough to keep the camera there. :(

Which make/model is your camera?

Sony DCR-HC96, and I have a little Sony DSC-P41 (4MP) allways in my trouser pocket, needed for work reasons. The 1GB Memory Stick can be used in both of them. My pics in the Police Vehicles thread are all made with the little P41.

Greetings, lip, and don't worry mods, as soon as someone is posting more car sighting pics here, the thread will be back on topic. ;)

few days ago.

Believe it or not, a dark grey 430 Spider with red interior passed by it just a few mins before I took the picture. A new silver S65 AMG was parked infront of 7/11 at the same time.

http://img74.imageshack.**/img74/239/feraraerye234e3w46zy6.jpg

Nice one... I've bought shoestrings from that Marcell's Shoe Renew Place before. :D