BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

Im not sure what's worse; Brexit or the prospect of having Trump as president. :lol: Pretty fucking shit deals either way. It's like asking which STD you'd like the most.

Crabs will be an easier thing to live with than Trump.

You know when you're in History class and the teacher is talking about the events and decisions which led up to X history conflict/paradigm shift/war, and in hindsight you think "how could people not see it coming?"

Brexit, the EU losing a little more relevance, the rise of ISIS, more conflict in the Middle east, Turkey going ape shit, North Korea not getting any less crazy, Russia behind a leader who is at the very least questionable (and literally invading a neighbour), the US possibly being lead by the most inadequate president in recent history...

"Alarm bells are ringing" Character from Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.

...and Gove is out of the race:

Theresa May v Andrea Leadsom to be next prime minister

Theresa May and Andrea Leadsom will battle it out to become the next leader of the Conservative Party after Michael Gove was eliminated from the contest.

After the second MPs' ballot, Home Secretary Mrs May finished with 199 votes, Energy Minister Mrs Leadsom 84 and Mr Gove, the justice secretary, 46.

Conservative members will now decide the winning candidate, with the result due on 9 September.

The winner will become the UK's second female prime minister.
46 votes is quite a lot for a blustering and incompetent backstabber whose nonsense has wreaked havoc.

If Leadsom wins, she will be in a similar position to the Labour leader, in that the majority of her party MP's don't support her.

UK Treasury made no official preparations for Brexit
https://next.ft.com/content/f5797e2a-444d-11e6-b22f-79eb4891c97d

More U.K. real estate funds stop investors withdrawing cash

A total of seven funds have been frozen this week and more than half of the ?25 billion ($32 billion) held in investment products of this type is now under lock and key.

Bank of England chief Mark Carney said Tuesday that commercial real estate transactions had fallen by 50% from their peak last year.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/07/news/economy/brexit-uk-property-funds-frozen/

Labour Party Membership Applications Surge 100,000 Since EU Referendum

Total membership will hit 500,000
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...erendum_uk_577be9e8e4b073366f0fe97f?d1nyiudi&

Cmx_4x1WEAAhtWT.jpg

CmsSTJkWAAEtjfA.jpg

Cmyww8uWcAA5SDe.jpg

Cmyrbx3WIAElMYj.jpg

CmypcYNW8AEd8FF.jpg

Cmyn0BhWgAQkRH0.jpg

CmyAGLsWcAAkV4N.jpg

Last edited:
Well!

Isn't this an interesting turn of events.

I would never have thought in my life the UK would have actually chose to leave the EU.

I am frightened of the concept of a weak ?. So I want this to be done right since, this is what has happened and now 'we're' here; about to leave the EU..

Hmm... I wonder what the future holds for the UK?

So long as the EU doesn't impose fuck you import taxing, it shouldn't be much different.

If Leadsom becomes PM, Brexit will be more extreme and tariffs higher.

Didn't take long for it to turn into a bitch fight. Leadsom thinks she should be PM because she's a mother.

Robert Harris ?@Robert___Harris

Have zero sympathy for Leadsom. She cites "being a mum" in every speech & debate & interview like a demented parrot

Cm38AilXEAMu15r.jpg

Cm3_Q49XYAE8Gem.jpg

Cm4HBkdXEAEdl5m.jpg

Cm3vHdUWYAAFw9-.jpg

Cm3y9eAVIAAcK5j.jpg

Cm04--SWcAA1jO5.jpg

Last edited:
"Quite a lot" of those 350 million a week go to EU propaganda? :lol:

"superstate", "one army"? I guess he read and believed http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit ... that's the media he cried about so much, feeding him bullshit.

The army argument is inane. The idea that the EU leadership has the ability to form a competent army is fantasy. The Austrians tried to lead an army consisting of ten trillion languages in WWI, they lasted a whopping six months forcing Germany to come over and save them.

Well!

Isn't this an interesting turn of events.

I would never have thought in my life the UK would have actually chose to leave the EU.

I am frightened of the concept of a weak ?. So I want this to be done right since, this is what has happened and now 'we're' here; about to leave the EU..

Hmm... I wonder what the future holds for the UK?

If anything the pound needs to be deprecated. The reason BMW and VW have built factories here is due to the US dollar being what it is. Inflation encourages that kind of investment. Not to mention tourism.

Didn't take long for it to turn into a bitch fight. Leadsom thinks she should be PM because she's a mother.

I don't care about that especially. That's just the usual political sniping at an opponent. The thing that concerns me about Leadsom is that she's one of those people that confuses the job with religion. That's common for U.S. politicians but not really so much for U.K. ones. She really needs to fuck off to the back benches if she wants to govern with that bullshit.

?I would have preferred civil partnership to be available to heterosexual and gay couples and for marriage to have remained as a Christian service for men and women who wanted to commit in the eyes of God,? she told ITV.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/08/gay-marriage-same-sex-cameron-leadsom

It comes to something when Theresa May looks like the liberal choice. That's how messed up the establishment is right now -- May looks reasonable.

If anything the pound needs to be deprecated. The reason BMW and VW have built factories here is due to the US dollar being what it is. Inflation encourages that kind of investment. Not to mention tourism.

About a year or longer ago I predicted that if the UK leaves the EU, it will become the next cheap labour country. I think people laughed at me back then.

However, let's not forget that the UK has not left the EU yet. And I have serious doubts it ever will, no matter the result of the plebescite. It simply is not in their own interest. Period. The only thing I am eager to know now is how they're going to sell it to the those Britons who voted leave or -- maybe more precise -- who voted to leave and really meant it.

In the meantime, uncertainty reigns. Uncertainty is poison for an economy. Pound is down to 1.17 Euros now. An end of the fall is not in sight but it might slow down now, after the first shock is over. What Britain desperately needs now, is a sign of confidence and optimism. But the performance of British politics at the moment isn't really suited to arouse some trust...

So long as the EU doesn't impose fuck you import taxing, it shouldn't be much different.

Nah, that would be silly. In the end there will be a treaty if Britain really left, much like the one Norway or Switzerland have.

But it would take years to negotiate it -- mainly because it will be hard, very hard, making British politicians understand that without being an EU member, you haven't got any leverage anymore. From an EU perspective, Great Britain (or what's left of it) would be an outside country, like Turkey or the Ukraine. And the expectations that the end result of that treaty will be equal or even better to what Britain has now, are fatuous.

The EU will be forced to negotiate very hard, not because it wants to but to give an example to other countries' populists that leaving the EU is a very bad idea. As I repeatedly said: The end result will probably be that Britain has to follow EU rules anyway (like Switzerland and Norway have to) but with no influence in EU matters anymore. And it might be more expensive, too, since no money is coming back from Brussels.

Now let's get on with it and let's hope that British tabloids, politicians and "leave" voters will soon stop kidding themselves and arrive in reality.

Last edited:
I don't see how this affects Brexit at all. The banking system is broken in Europe? No shit, the capitalist system is broken. Let me remind you that which happened in 2008 started in America and the banks that caused it are (almost) all still running, virtually nobody was held accountable, bailed out by taxpayers. It's like if a contractor destroyed your kitchen instead of remodeling it, and then instead of firing him, you offer him to do the living room, next.
So what are you saying? The UK is going to leave the European banking system and come to its own epiphany, change banking with a new paradigm in capitalism? No, they won't. HSBC is the biggest bank in Britain and they got in trouble all on their own, not by bailing out "those poor bastards in Europe taking our pensions"

In fact, rewatching that video reinforces what I've been saying all along. This is the kind of people who should be sitting down and having discussions and plans on how to improve the situation of the EU, the UK, wherever. People like him should be analyzing, processing and deciding on stuff they are experts on. Not common people through referendums.

Last edited:
You missed out on some parts, parts that affect your country as well. But he, keep having selective hearing.

BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

What do you expect? As long as you selectively pick stuff from the internet that seemingly supports your twisted perception, while completely ignoring everything else, anything you post won't be taken very serious.

Do you really think you can convince one of us with your weird views on stuff?

The banking system is broken in Europe? No shit, the capitalist system is broken.[...]

It?s not broken. It works exactly the way it?s set up to work.

What?s false is peoples perception of the system and what they are told about it. Nobody being held accountable, being bailed out by the taxpayer (who?s savings, pensions, homes they pretty much held and still hold hostage) - those are not faults of the system or signs that it is broken. That?s the system doing what it?s set up to do, using the legal freedoms that we (as a society) give it.
The thing that?s "broken" is information. That "we the people" are not being told about this or not enough to make an informed decision about what?s best for our society.

Capitalism as it really is works perfectly fine and creates room for itself to replicate and feed the greed of someone with the sufferences of others.
Capitalism as it has been sold to everyone of us as the just and great abundance creator and merit-rewarding is clearly dead.
Capitalism as a way to create wealth has reached its limits and its now destroying things to compensate ofr its delusional allmighty dreams.

The wealth creation thing is over. For each person becoming richer, there are an incredible number of people becoming poorer and desperate, or an important amount of resources being consumed and never replaced.

The merit-rewarding is over since what mpicco described, and with it the justification that regulates the property of wealth. It is not merit which is rewarded, it is position and money. And since these are not equally distributed or equally accessible, the system is totally unfair, and wealth no more justified than it was by inheritance or by pure luck.

The idea of capitalism to act on its own for the greater good is as idiot as thinking science alone can be the way to go, without our moral guidance. A tool is not a God. You make it God, it will crush you.

What is interesting now is the possible, maybe even probable, major failure of democracy. The UK won't probably leave Europe. The Brexit leaders have all stepped down cowardly after winning, because they clearly thought they would lose, and now they don't know what to do. Italy, as usual, did all that before, when we had Beppe Grillo baically winning the general elecitions but refusing to use that 25% of votes to actually have a say on the government and went to the opposition instead, where he could do the only things he knows: complain and insult. No political power, no idea, no long-term projects.

The same with brexiters. They wanted to get more power, in any way, they have no idea how and why Brexit should be a good thing.

So someone will stand up, take place as PM and disregard the people's will and never leave the EU. Or this is my opinion.

The moment this will happen, democracy will be dead, reduced to the clowny image of itself. And when it's not a clown, it is clear that it can be subverted by the first idiot passing by and telling people whatever they want to hear in order to get power, no matter if these are lies. Yes, USA, I'm looking at you.

---

So, the economic system is collapsing in Europe (and then probably elsewhere too), andis discredited in the West.
The political system is crashing down pretty much everywhere while politicians only try to have a first row seat of the crash with some hopeful monetary gain. No long-term projects.
The social system is dying under the endless, countless lies and psychology tricks shoved constantly to sell any kind of s**t (including governments) to the people, and growing a row of people incapable of collaborating, discussing, talking, being open or simply accept their own failures.

I am pessimistic, I know, and very much so. Reduce the impact of each one of these things by 75%, and the situation is still horrible.

Last edited: