Does any one smoke here?

Does any one smoke here?

• Total voters
I used to smoke. For several years. Picked it up in college cuz it's a great way to keep you going when you're on your 30th hour of no sleep. Let me tell you non-smokers: cigarettes are awesome. They taste good. They make you feel good. They make you friends when you bum one from a stranger or get one bummed from you. They provide built-in breaks at work.

This weather is the worst for keeping me to my non-smoking lifestyle. A cigarette on a nice cool day when there's a crisp breeze... man, it just doesn't get any better than that. But I know I can't have even one or it turns into "just when I'm drinking" then "just when I'm upset" then "just once a day" then it's back to a pack a day.

I stopped because a few years ago I was on a treadmill trying to beat my best time, and I thought, "What's the point of this when I'm filling my lungs with goo?" So I quit, along with the hubby. Cold turkey, no gum or patches. I don't know how our relationship survived it. But I still miss it.

And when I smoked, my brand was Marlboros. Surprised I haven't seen more fans of them here.

I don't find female smokers attractive, unless they're Scarlett Johansson. And even then, I'd have to think about it a little.

I figured they were included in the "no flavored cigarettes" ban recently (which is bullshit because they still sell menthols).

Yep, the 2009 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act includes a special provision allowing menthols, but not kreteks to be sold as cigarettes. Because, you know, children are just cravin' for that extra dash of clove flavor! :roll:

I was at CVS the other day and noticed the price tag on cigerettes was around $8. I naively asked if that's for a big carton but apparently you nutters pay that much for a single pack?!?? Hell, $8 gets a good calzone delivered to my door. $8 buys a pint of really good beer down the street. $8 is almost three gallons of gas. :?

Taxes, my man. States like Taxachusetts (hurr hurr) make bank from ripping off poor suckers like that. Which is why there's so much controversy in New York State for those who drive 20 min to Onondaga Indian Reservation for tax-exempt cigarettes - both from lawmakers as well as reservation residents themselves.

Lastly, I completely forgot about hookah - :love: that stuff. My friends and I smoke hookah and relax all the time.

I don't and don't plan to.

I find it pretty repulsive for one thing, don't like the health hazard associated with it, don't want to stand in the rain or wind because my body is telling me I need something compleley useless and in fact bad for me.

I also find it a huge turn off if I see a member of the oposite sex smoking, its gross. And I have it on good athourity from another non-smoker that kissing sombody after they've had a smoke is disgusting.

I also find it a huge turn off if I see a member of the oposite sex smoking, its gross. And I have it on good athourity from another non-smoker that kissing sombody after they've had a smoke is disgusting.

That's like saying sushi is disgusting. It's all about taste.

Maybe it's just cuz I miss smoking so much, but I like smokers' kisses. Gives their mouths that spicy, sweet, heady taste. Like mouth perfume.

Quite literally the worst part of China. Everytime I come back from visiting relatives there, I feel as if I've been smoking a pack a day for 10 years. Fucking awful. And I can't say shit because EVERY single man in China smokes (quite literally), so it's not like I can tell them to stop.

Quite literally the worst part of China. Everytime I come back from visiting relatives there, I feel as if I've been smoking a pack a day for 10 years. Fucking awful. And I can't say shit because EVERY single man in China smokes (quite literally), so it's not like I can tell them to stop.

In the span of a year my cousin picked up the habit from his uncle - who smokes half a pack a day, at least. So every time we visit them we always buy a couple cartons of duty-free Marlboros, because it's dirt-cheap and it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Half the people in my Writing classes met from smoking breaks. :lol: Oh, shameless hipsters, we.

ive lost three grandparents to lung cancer from smoking.

i'll stick with beer, thanks

I smoke about a pack a day, have been doing so for going on twenty years, Marlboro Ultra Lights. I kind of hold my cigarette like the Germans do, so I do not smell much like smoke, and I also spit a lot so my breath isn't so smoky.

Ok, question. How, exactly, do you hold your cigarette, then? You mention "holding my cigarette like the Germans," but when I google that, I just get a lot of lame jokes.

Also, Marlboro Ultra Lights? I'm a man who can smoke many kinds of smokes (you name them, i've likely smoked them), but when I tried a pack of Marlboro Ultra Lights, I honestly thought my smoke had kept going out. It was completely and utterly baffling!

Last edited:
I have jokingly pondered about starting smoking just to piss off all the miss/mister goodygoodworldhungerpeaceactivisthippiefanatics.

Anyone who blindly judges smokers because of this one habit are people I consider not worth hanging around with.
Couldn?t agree more.

But that?s probably just because I?m an evil smoker who is too weak to control his habit. A habit which has turned me into an evil being that preys on the health of the almighty (self-righteous) nonsmokers.

We actually had a pretty liberal aproach to it here in bavaria, there?s no smoking in restaurants, public buildings, etc. but about 1/4 of the bars still allow smoking, so smokers have a couple of places left if they wanna have a relaxing night of drinking. Then recently there was a huge petition by some health-nazi-hippies, and they?re trying to get rid of it. Some people I know have been backing this heavily on facebook and the likes, I have actually taken some of them off my contact lists and intend to avoid going drinking with them at all costs.... Yes, I?m actually serious.

I kind of hold my cigarette like the Germans do, so I do not smell much like smoke,
so tell me... how do germans hold their cigarettes???

Just out of politeness I stand away from people when I smoke or downwind
I was at an outdoor concert this past summer, and the people next to us were just burning off cigarette after cigarette, it was extremely annoying, if they could have kept it to a couple cigarettes, instead of like three packs each I wouldn't have minded. Being annoyed we moved, (funny concept, eh.) Ironically enough it wasn't the smokers that forced us to relocate, it was the couple of whiny bitches to our other side that kept coughing, and telling everyone in earshot how uncourteous smokers are.

I'll take smoke over smug any day, as bad as smoking can be, a stick up the ass can't be all that good for you either.

Last edited:
"I'm not going to enjoy it, I'm only using it TO LIGHT THE NEXT ONE!"

Ok, question. How, exactly, do you hold your cigarette, then? You mention "holding my cigarette like the Germans," but when I google that, I just get a lot of lame jokes.

so tell me... how do germans hold their cigarettes???

Virtually all Americans hold the cigarette between the index and middle finger, one centimeter away from the tip of the finger. I hold it with my index finger and thumb, most of the time.

Yes cigars. Every day. Started when I was in my 20's, just to piss smoke nazi's off.

I cannot stand cigarettes, but, to each his own. :cool: