Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need us to do that while we are having the trouble, or will doing it now help?

It has to be while you're having trouble.

Windows? Right-click -> Mark -> drag mouse over stuff -> press Enter. It's on your clipboard now.

Yes, there were some issues with people getting approved inappropriately; I've removed her from the group. In the future, just PM a moderator/admin if you notice that sort of thing and we'll get it fixed.

Same here, but all pages at home are pretty bad tonight at home (good chance to ask dad about upgrading Internet though!). Not great at uni either. Will run a traceroute athome later ifits still bad.

Based on the difference between the two traceroutes, it looks like there's trouble between the link in singapore and Global Crossing's trans-continental link. I'll see if our bandwidth provider can switch what routes they're using, but no guarantees.

You sir, are awesome!

This was suggested in a thread somewhere. How about adding regional sections such as "Pacific Northwest", "Finland", "New England", etc... It would be useful for planing get togethers, trading car parts, local bitching, etc...

Diversifying the forums is a good thing for the long term anyhow.

This was suggested in a thread somewhere. How about adding regional sections such as "Pacific Northwest", "Finland", "New England", etc... It would be useful for planing get togethers, trading car parts, local bitching, etc...

We already have a forum for meetups: http://forums.finalgear.com/finalgear-meets/

For the rest, I'd bet you'd find each would have a dozen threads, if that. I hate forums that have a million sections with 2 posts each.

As I've said before, threads come before sections, not the other way around. Nothing is stopping you from making threads right now about those topics.

Diversifying the forums is a good thing for the long term anyhow.

But splitting up the forum members into their own subforums that they never come out of is not.

We already have a forum for meetups: [URL]http://forums.finalgear.com/finalgear-meets/[/url]

For the rest, I'd bet you'd find each would have a dozen threads, if that. I hate forums that have a million sections with 2 posts each.

As I've said before, threads come before sections, not the other way around. Nothing is stopping you from making threads right now about those topics.

But splitting up the forum members into their own subforums that they never come out of is not.

I actually really enjoy how diverse this forum is, it has really opened my eyes to the world.

We already have a forum for meetups: http://forums.finalgear.com/finalgear-meets/

There'd be problems with certain countries too- eg Australia. Geographically too big to feasibly have as a section, but not enough members per state to warrant state sections. It's probaly end up being a US-specific thing (and like Viper said) which will segregate the rest of us from you :cry:

I've opened a support ticket, and they're investigating.

So they've asked for any additional information I can get from you folks. Can anyone experiencing the intermittent issues please tell me what ISP they're using, approximately when the problems started, if they're still happening, what percentage of the time you're having trouble, and a traceroute (even if it's currently working properly)? We are trying to track this issue down.

Also, any Australians who are not experiencing intermittent FG outages, would you mind doing a traceroute and telling me what ISP you use too? Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.